Does the vivi nova 2.5 have short or long wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
I just received mine from vapor alley. It came with short wicks on the heads. Just wondering which version I have.

same here, I was under the impression they had the long wicks with this version from Vapor Alley. Oh well, I'm just gonna be doing my own coils anyway, cheaper in the long run and you can make the wicks as long as you want.

Jejune43

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Sacramento
Here is the response I got from Vapor Alley. Not sure if it makes sense to me.

Hi Ryan,
There are only 2 versions of the ViVi Nova tanks.
The first version has the hazy tank, the second version has the clear tank, and the top inner is non flush.
The only people that call these the 2.5 are us Americans, but there are only 2 versions.
I DO have log wick heads on the way and should have them in a week or so.

Sincerely,
VaporAlley

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
same here, I was under the impression they had the long wicks with this version from Vapor Alley. Oh well, I'm just gonna be doing my own coils anyway, cheaper in the long run and you can make the wicks as long as you want.

Where do you get your coil wire and wick from? I've been looking for these. Any help would be appreciated

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The vivi nova 2.5 is the one with the short wicks. I just got one in the mail 15 mins ago, I decided to use the wick on the unit already, figured if I messed it up, at least it wasnt the 1.8. I did a dry burn as I saw a few reviewers suggested, I put a tiny drop of juice on the coil and on the wicks and did a dry burn till the coil burned red. I filled it up with some of my good juice: Rawr poison. First off the bat, WOW. no burned taste, no dryness, just a quiet cool vape, no noise. I did hear of juice becoming muted, but it tastes pretty close to a boge LR 2.0 carto, just cleaner. I hear they get better and better with use. So far its great, Ive only ever used a Kanger Ce4, which was also easy, but it gets real hot and I do get slightly burned taste occasionally. I give this a thumbs up. I will update this as the hours go by, because we all know how sometimes things start good and they go south.

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
My vivi nova was labeled v2, and came with clear tube and long wicks, and has air holes at the top of the 510 connector. The whole v2/v2.5 thing is quite confusing. In any event, after some brief initial issues, my vivi nova is working better for me than any other device I've tried.

I just ordered a nova mini, another full-size and a bunch of heads. I'm almost ready to order kanthal and wick and try my hand at making my own coils. If that works, I should be set! I'm pretty excited about the idea of an extremely low-cost hardware platform. I've spent more in two months on cartos, clearos and atomizers than I have on three vivi novas, and most of those are dead already. The few have left now live in my backup box.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
So from what I understand, a number of popular vendors ordered Vivi Nova 2.5s around the same time and instead of receiving all long wick heads (which are supposed to be what comes with the 2.5), they received either all short heads, or a mix of the two. This is why Vivi Novas and replacement heads have been shipping with some long and some short wicks for the last few weeks.

That should be changing withing the next week or two.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
My vivi nova was labeled v2, and came with clear tube and long wicks, and has air holes at the top of the 510 connector. The whole v2/v2.5 thing is quite confusing. In any event, after some brief initial issues, my vivi nova is working better for me than any other device I've tried.

I just ordered a nova mini, another full-size and a bunch of heads. I'm almost ready to order kanthal and wick and try my hand at making my own coils. If that works, I should be set! I'm pretty excited about the idea of an extremely low-cost hardware platform. I've spent more in two months on cartos, clearos and atomizers than I have on three vivi novas, and most of those are dead already. The few have left now live in my backup box.

I'm in the same boat. Keep an eye on the VMax owners thread in the APV section. Vapnj is going to be posting what is supposedly the best setup ( in his opinion of course) for rebuilding ce4/vivi nova style heads in that thread within the next couple days.

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
Excellent, thanks for the heads up! I figure it'll be a week or two before I'm ready to try it. I did find this (very young) site:

Silica Wicks | The source of great supplies

which looks to be shaping up to a one-stop-shop for rebuildable supplies. The only thing they don't have yet is non-resist wire for doing the tails, though I guess many people don't bother with that, since the pre-made heads don't. Though I can imagine that it could produce an improvement, mostly in that you'd be keeping all the heat ON the wick, rather than having the metal parts of the head get heated directly. I've not really experienced it (except maybe at first) but some people are reporting that the rubber insert gets a little burnt where it touches the resistance wire.

I want to start with the silica wick, but a lot of folks are talking about using 100% organic cotton wick, and reporting better flavor -- though that's hard to imagine, since I already can barely tell the difference between the vivi nova and dripping into a 510 atty, now that my heads are "broken-in".

smitighe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Baltimore
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345390041.503730.jpg
3 different wicks.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Okay, got a response to a post I made with the same concerns. There are 3 versions. The vivi nova 1.0: long wick but had problems, A LOT you can tell if its a 1.0 by looking at the vents. On the 1.0 it had little holes/vents along the sides of bottom metal end cap, one on each side and has long wicks. It is also very different inside as the center pin is shorter and the heads are longer and will not fit the version 2.0 or 2.5. Many vendors either are trying to get rid of the old ones, or they were sold the old ones by their suppliers who are trying to get rid of the bad ones.

The version 2.0 has the vents on the sides of the 510 connections, where it screws onto your PV and has short wicks.

The version 2.5 came with long wicks and is the same as the 2.0 in build as the 2.0. They decided to make the wicks longer for those who were having a harder time keeping them wet. From what I was told the short wick heads and the long wick heads are compatible.

On both the 2.0 and 2.5 if you are not getting enough ventilation you can widen the vents a bit and get better vape and taste, if you feel adventurous. I did this on all 3 of my 2.0 vivis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread