Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Dang,,, Forgot to add the quote so @Vesh

No offense intended;

I think your pain receptors are desensitized / you have built up a resistance to throat hit.
High % of flavorings can mask / mute throat hit, the red tobacco you speak of without any extra flavoring is IMO outrageously over flavored to begin with. Just me, I can't even imagine adding flavor.

Could be your sense of smell & taste is also desensitized or damaged.

I have a RTA set up for special occasions & folks that say they need more of something / everything.
Simple 26ga twisted single kanthal, .684Ω raised quite a bit off the deck, coil slightly askew from air flow, wicked with rayon, 50/50 6% total flavorings, 12 mg/ml nic.

That will produce as much throat hit as anyone that has ever hit it can stand, as much flavor as triple shots using a replaceable head when compared to 6% total flavoring, as much heat depending on w & airflow setting as soft tissue can stand without damage & deliver more nicotine in 3 - 6 hits than most folks can stand without getting symptoms of nic sick.
It is the setup I use for a few minutes if I know I won't be able to vape for a few hours, flights, auctions, meetings ect...
I hit that thing about 6 +/- times, start to feel nic sick & I am good for an entire 3 - 3.5 hour interruption in my normal daily vaping.
Yep, I know everyone is different.

Have you considered talking this over with a doctor. There are quite a few medical conditions that can cause issues like you describe that are treatable.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Zero offense taken. We are all friends here and i like to be able to talk and discuss things openly. I really actually appreciate your post. I too think it's maybe medical. What I don't understand though, is i have this nautilus 1.8 ohm with off the shelf 36 nic (the vapor4life waffle, the only juice they make i like in their whole range but i digress), and i take a hit and the throat hit is *massive*.. and then subsequent ones get less and less. One hour break.. massive again. If i sleep and wake up, first thing in the morning is massive hit. So what i don't understand is, if it's a medical condition, why i get any throat hit at all originally. I wouldn't even know how to explain it to a doctor.. That said, after my 3 ear operations, i do have a superb ENT, one of the best in oz IMO, and he did tell me a few years back he'd like to laser out my tonsils cause they are full of holes.. No issue, not gonna kill me, but he preferred i did it. I didn't, as i had had so much surgery i just couldn't take anymore, appendix, ear microsurgeries, bowel complications, my back.. I just hate hospitals so much right now, but yes, perhaps it's related to my tonsils.. and when i go for my next ear checkup, I will specifically ask him to look at my throat again. I won't make a special appt just for that as it will be $100 where if i combine in a couple months on my preset schedule, will be the same $100 to check both anyway. But yes that was a great idea, thanks.

PS when i had just that one cig in my 3 years of vape, i did get the throat hit i remember.

and yes, 25 years of smoking may have damaged my throat.

i don't think my taste is damaged though, as i agree, that south beach smoke red tobacco has an outrageously strong flavour, and to me tastes like an unfiltered cigarette. When i got the double shot, i told myself to just get the single next time. The only reason i tried with three, was so i could make a 48 mix to try. To double the nic content in a pre made juice, it would effectively diluting the flavour to 1.5 shots anyway.. hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
***MY OPINION ONLY*** Wizard is the worst nic I've had. Very peppery.

Nude nic and VapersTek are good and the offer specific formulas for harshness.

I like Heartland too. But I'll also drink cheap beer.

Vesh, it sounds like you're just desensitized quickly if the first hit is good then less and less that the one before. I'm not sure how to get around that unless something like the Nude Nic harshness formula that Asbestos mentioned.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Just me, for the first year or so vaping I'd notice becoming accustom to the throat hit & diminished flavor after a several to a couple dozen hits.
For me it kinda just passed after some time.

I'd be interested to know what tastes, smells & sensations you encounter & in what order & intensity when you bite down on a lemon.
1/4 lemon, place in mouth, bite down take notes of what you notice, then a couple chews on the lemon, any difference like less or no flavor, smell, acidity or pucker factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread