Drilling a nimbus

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by jack096, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jack096

jack096 Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Hey guys,

Just brought a nimbus clone the other day and after inspecting it, I realised that it had no coil (no problem, I'll just learn to recoil)

but I also realised that it infact completely lacked any holes.

it appears to have 2 small holes on the outside, however these indentation don't actually follow through far enough to constitute actual holes.

How would I go about getting some holes into this tank?

I've got a drill and some drill bits, but I am in no way proficient with powertools, nor do I have any knowledge of them.

any advice would be much appreciated.

2. cantstopwontstop

cantstopwontstop Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    I own 2 Nimbus clones. The way I have widened the holes is by no means the easiest or most proficient way but it works well. Ideally you would want a drill press, and would clamp the top cap down and drill straight through. The way I do it is with a clamp and handheld cordless drill. I clamp the atomizer top cap down and drill straight through, usually one hole at a time. If your cap has literally no holes but just indentations where they should be, use those as guides. Start with a 1/16" bit and move up from there. I would rinse the top cap in water after each drilling and try it out. Some people like a tighter draw and some people (ME) like the lung hit. My top caps are 3/32" which is a relatively airy draw. Anyways hope this helps. You can always check youtube.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.