Dripping with an RN4072

Status
Not open for further replies.

flobiwan

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
I have an RN4072 and would like to start dripping as opposed to using carts. It seems like I may have chosen the wrong e-cig to do this with. The wick is so far down the atomizer it's hard to see in order to drip. Is there a trick to dripping with the 4072? How important is it that I hit the wick? What if I just drip 2 or 3 drops blindly into the atty?

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
I know this is old but I'm bumping it anyway as I don't see how to do it either! I'm afraid of making a mess down there.

Also does anyone know which direction the cart is supposed to go? Are the rounded edges supposed to line up with the white lines in the cart or the opposite? I've looked for info or a video & am finding nothing.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
The way the 4072 (and the 801 and most non-cartomizer attomizers) is designed you aren't actually dripping directly on the coil that vaporizes the juice. You see that metal-mesh looking bridge? That covers over the coil that vaporizes the juice. When the juice hits the bridge it actually flows down around the sides of the attomizer chamber.

There is more mesh around the sides and underneath the wire coil that vaporizes the juice. When you draw on the atty it splashes juice up onto the coil and you get vape. In other words, when you drip you are just filling the atty so it will vape when you draw. That is why it takes 6 or 8 drops to get a new 801 or 4072 going good.

You've probably already figured it out by now while waiting for responses to your post, but just drip on down in there - it doesn't even matter if you do all your dripping agains the side of the chamber, it will all get where you need it to go and you can vape away!

Moonbuddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Atchison, Kansas USA
tb135, I'm not sure what you're asking for sure, but if I'm understanding you, you want to know if there's a right or wrong way to put the cart on your atomizer. If it's automatic it doesn't matter, vaping one now.....if it's manual (need to push a button), put in so that the button is where you want it to be to push. Hope that helped, Marian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread