E-Cig Success Rate?

E-Cig Success Rate?

• I've completely quit analogs with e-cigs

• I've cut down on analogs use with e-cigs

• I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say that I haven't missed analogs at all, but this works so much better than all of the other smoking cessation methods it's no comparison. Currently, I am on day 12 of no analogs, and, for the first time in 20+ years, I am actually confident that I will never smoke again.

Plus, as a nice side benefit, it is nice to know that I am not funding the current kleptocracy in DC ...

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Congrats all above me! Did you 's also almost laugh out loud, or at least grinned a real broad grin, when you tried a real cig and it tasted sooo terrible? Who would have thought we would ever actually laugh all delighted about that eh ;)

Bbozzy, if you are in hurricane-land, did you also stock up on some car-chargers for your e-cigs, to keep you going when the mains goes down?

Well, on to the next 'takers' in this poll! :)

Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
i voted for " i have cut down"

I have been analog free for like 3 weeks now i think, but i dont know if thats quitting or not, because i dont remember if i smoked 1 or 2 analogs during that 3 week period.

When i first started vaping, i instantly cut my analog consumption to about half. Then slowly but surely i started smoking less. Now im not even sure when was the last time i DID smoke.

Good stuff

legalsea

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
I have had maybe two packs of cigarettes in the past 30 days (when I began using the electronic cigarettes).

So, instead of 30 packs at $6.00 = $180.00, I have had $12.00 worth; of course, I also have spent around $250.00 on electronic cigarette supplies (different brands, juice, etc) but I think I'm ready to get through the summer.

madlock

Mar 25, 2009
I've cut my 2-3 pack a day habit down to > 1. I'm still new to e-smoking, but I'm looking forward to the point where I've better-integrated it into my lifestyle so I can maximize its benefits.

I've used a recently-purchase new vehicle as an opportunity to institute a "no analog smoking" policy in it. It's tremendous to not have to vacuum the ash remnants, worry about any stray ember burns, and, of course, the horrible stink that can never quite completely be removed.

Personally, I found it quite thoughtful of the manufacturer to make sure its SYNC system included a USB port to power my USB passthrough. I've gotten more than one look while vaping away at a traffic light by those who must have been wondering where I bought my rolling hookah. :)

badkat

Mar 21, 2009
CA, USA
Spikey made a comment earlier in the thread that this poll might be biased because we don't have input from users who have tried the e-cig and quit, or who have quit and so never bothered coming to the forum. So out of curiosity I decided to visit my former nicotine dealer at the local smoke shop which I've frequented for years. I know the lady quite well and we talked at length about the NJoys she sells there.

Njoys aren't sold with a return option unless defective. She told me with well over 50 sales she's had maybe 12 returns for various reasons but noone decided they did not like them and ask to return them for that reason. So I asked if these sales had any return visits for carts and she said, "Oh yes, just about everybody." And I asked, "close to 100%?" and she said, "Absolutely." I wondered why she didn't tell her clients that they could buy liquid and refill the carts themselves, and she said, "I wouldn't be a very good store manager if I told them that, would I?" LOL Then she added that if she gets to know them well enough she will tell people to go online or to the mall kiosks to buy liquid, but most folks apparently like the rapport with her and think the cost of the carts are worth it to them. Very surprising information, and I've known her long enough that I don't doubt her word.

I've tried getting her to come online to the forum but she's a mother with a couple of teenage kids and says she really hasn't the time, although she has looked in and read a few of the posts here. She mostly smokes the DSE901 and bought it after seeing and trying mine out. I asked her if she's asked her clients if they've cut back on cigarette smoking and she said "They all have or they wouldn't be buying carts, now would they?" I laughed and asked if she's cut back on analogs and she says she now only smokes about 10 analogs a day (down from over two packs a day) and plans to quit analogs entirely.

Another interesting thing she mentioned is that NJoy asked that she buy all her existing stock outright and no longer sell them on consignment. Of course she refused and she's really concerned about getting her carts restocked because she knows how NJoy online doesn't have much available. She says she's due to be restocked next Thursday, so she's keeping her fingers crossed for that.

I'll chime in.

Day three with my e-cig. I smoked one analog today! I have never really tried to quit smoking, smoked for 10 years straight, pack a day, most days a little more. I am not depriving myself of analogs, i got a pack on my desk and a ash tray as i type. However what is in my hand is an e-cig. I puff on that now, at home, in public, its not a substitute, i just like it more than burning an analog. Hope this helps!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I'll chime in.

Day three with my e-cig. I smoked one analog today! I have never really tried to quit smoking, smoked for 10 years straight, pack a day, most days a little more. I am not depriving myself of analogs, i got a pack on my desk and a ash tray as i type. However what is in my hand is an e-cig. I puff on that now, at home, in public, its not a substitute, i just like it more than burning an analog. Hope this helps!
You bet it helps! :D

Badkat, you're Goodkat! And if you haven't had an analog in the past few months, then of course you quit, not just stepped down, silly cat! ;)
And nice story about your cig- and Njoy-lady... gives a nice indication how well her clients are doing.

Sorry you couldn't vote 500KV - don't think we have many going from Skoal to vaping - but I wouldn't think you are going from bad to worse... I think they would be at about the same mark as to being a lot better then tobacco, don't you?

Great stories - hope we can get more votes and stories here. :)

Sumratio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2009
Pittsburgh
I really did not think I had it in me to quit but a friend of mine brought over one of those god awful kiosk e-cigs, I think it was a Red Dragon and I saw the potential. It just so happens earlier that day I just came back from West Virgina and spent 100 dollars on 2 cartons of smokes and was real ...... at the government and anti-smokers for making demands and sticking their fangs into the 15% of Americans known as smokers. I had it in my mind they were not going to squeeze me out of my hard earned money for their purposes anymore so even the Red Dragon got me thinking. I did some research, unlike my friend, and I have to say Scott "IGETCHA69" sold me on Intellicig. It took almost 20 days and 2 cartons of smokes to get my first supplies. By this time the idiotic ban talk had me freaking and thinking I missed my window so I found ECF and Puresmoker.com and bought a couple Pilot kits. I wanted to stay with the M401 so the parts would be interchangable when/if my EVO showed up. I ended up being extremely happy with both and over a 4 day period smoked my last 8 analogs, really not even enjoying the last 4, and been vaping ever since. Been about a month now. Thank you ECF, Intellicig, Puresmoker, Totally Wicked, and especially Scott for his awesome reviews. F the anti's and the government.

RustyTec

Mar 17, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Thank you So much everyone here!

Day one, I went from 60/day to 5/day without any effort at all.

I had issues with morning vapes causing me to ‘cough and choke’ so I smoked in the mornings.

Day three, I discovered LorAnn English Toffee and vaped way-too-much and got the dry sore throat. I switched back to premixed only, then back to smokes, to make it go away.

Day four, I was no longer coughing my lungs-out for 2 hours each morning or coughing every 5-10 minutes throughout the day.

Day five I started coughing up mouth-full's of junk from smoking for 46 years.

Day six I crashed my bike at 10mph, landed on a can of food in my back-pack and cracked one of my ribs. This was a big setback. Any coughing ‘with a cracked rib’ is excruciating. I ‘reluctantly’ decided to split the difference of the permanent smoker’s cough and the temporary newly non-smoker’s cough by smoking 15-20 cigs/day for a few weeks (while I had to sleep sitting straight up). [I wanted to paralyze the cilia in my bronchial tubes]. {Not recommended}…

Just the reduction from 60/day to ~17/day caused my voice to come back. (I had lost my voice due to all of the smoker’s coughing that I was doing), for the last five months! - - Man ‘O’ Man I sure was happy to get my voice back! - - Talk about encouragement; I had been thinking that my dad died of cancer of the (Esophagus or Oesophagus) at age 46. – I have 6 years more than him!

In the mean time, I built up my stock and decided to stock for all my family and close friends as well.

I have sold (and did a 5 flavor demo) to four family members and a dear friend so far. Out of these five, 3 were ready to quit and did so, during the demo, without any issues. Two continued to smoke, because they were not really ready. - - I would advise Ya’ll to warn them a week in advance. Let them prepare and be low on stock. .

I am sorry for the long post. I have tried to ‘par-a-phrase’. – This is the short version. Lol!

May 5th was my ‘drop-dead’ date; (my Mom’s 70th birthday). I have been smoke-free since midnight May 4th.

Now, I can finally preach what I practice without any issues.

Yes I voted that “I've completely quit analogs with e-cigs” because I have. It does not mater that my last smoke was 72 hours and 35 minutes ago. It has been done.

I want to do special thanks to Kate (the cigar nun) and to Bob (you know who you are) please keep up the good work.

Oh yea, the ‘morning vape issue’ went away after the first morning without cigs. I want to give a very special thanks to the member that mentioned ‘French Inhaling’ (mouth to nose), I forgot about that about 30 years ago. It worked real well, on that first morning without cigs. It really helped a lot. You would not believe how much! Now it doesn’t matter much. Because, I now have a healthy throat. Thanks Ya’ll!

Thanks Ya’ll!

I mean It really. Thank you for my life. Now I will live an extra ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread