Easy, safe, sub-ohm vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

propsforthisguy

Dec 29, 2014
Utah
I am still pretty new to vaping. I have been using an mvp2 with a nautilus tank for about the last 6 months, but because I was careless with it at work, I recently broke both the tank and the mod in one spectacular failure. Since I need a new set-up anyway I figured I might as well upgrade, so I have been doing a little research. It seems like all anyone is talking about is sub-ohm vaping, but I have no interest at all in spending the time and energy building coils, dripping, etc. associated with traditional sub-ohm vaping, and I'm also (as evidenced by the destruction of my last unit) not a particularly careful person so I would genuinely worry about the danger of sub-ohming. So what I'm wondering is, if I pick up an xpro m80 box mod and an Atlantis v2 tank with the .3 ohm coils, and run it at about 65-75 watts, will I be able to enjoy sub-ohm vaping with the same ease and safety I enjoyed with the mvp2/nautilus combo? Or is there something I am missing here? Are there additional safety concerns I would need to keep in mind? Thanks so much for any help!

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
If you want a fast, easy and safe way of starting out in sub ohm vaping without the need to build coils, I'd highly recommend one of the new sub ohm tanks that are on the market, some of which come bundled with a mod. My suggestions (in no particular order):

Aspire Atlantis + Aspire CF Sub Ohm Battery
Kanger Subbox + Color Matched Subtank Mini
Joyetech eGo One

Another option would be to buy either the Atlantis or Kanger Subtank on its own and pair it with something like an iStick 30W, an MVP 3 Pro, or an IPV Mini 70W.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
It really is that simple with the premade .3 sub ohm factory coils. The only issue "in my opinion" is I would want a larger wattage mod for headroom. If you're pushing 56 to 75 watts I'd suggest a 100W mod.

I went to the Kanger Subtank Mini from my Nautilus and I am very happy with the 1.2 ohm factory OCC coils. (I have the iStick 50W)

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I am still pretty new to vaping. I have been using an mvp2 with a nautilus tank for about the last 6 months, but because I was careless with it at work, I recently broke both the tank and the mod in one spectacular failure. Since I need a new set-up anyway I figured I might as well upgrade, so I have been doing a little research. It seems like all anyone is talking about is sub-ohm vaping, but I have no interest at all in spending the time and energy building coils, dripping, etc. associated with traditional sub-ohm vaping, and I'm also (as evidenced by the destruction of my last unit) not a particularly careful person so I would genuinely worry about the danger of sub-ohming. So what I'm wondering is, if I pick up an xpro m80 box mod and an Atlantis v2 tank with the .3 ohm coils, and run it at about 65-75 watts, will I be able to enjoy sub-ohm vaping with the same ease and safety I enjoyed with the mvp2/nautilus combo? Or is there something I am missing here? Are there additional safety concerns I would need to keep in mind? Thanks so much for any help!

i have the m80 and a sigelei 100w plus... and the atlantis 2 - like both mods and really like the tank - generally use the atl2 on my sigelei at 70w with the .3 ohm coil and it rocks... the m80 seems to run it just fine as well, with the added bonus of usb charging (no need for matched pairs of batteries and a charger, as with the sigelei)... the m80 is very versatile - have a hellboy clone dripper on it currently and am fogging up the basement, lol

propsforthisguy

Dec 29, 2014
Utah
Thank you everybody for all the responses! I think I have decided to go with an istick 50W for convenience and the long battery life, along with the Atlantis 2 tank. That means I should use the 1.0 ohm coils correct? If anybody has the time/desire to explain to me why you would use a .3 ohm coil for 70-80 watt mod, the .5 for the 20-30 watt mod, but a 1.0 for the 40-50, I would be thrilled to find out why. Not sure why it wouldn't be a linear correlation. Thanks again!

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Thank you everybody for all the responses! I think I have decided to go with an istick 50W for convenience and the long battery life, along with the Atlantis 2 tank. That means I should use the 1.0 ohm coils correct? If anybody has the time/desire to explain to me why you would use a .3 ohm coil for 70-80 watt mod, the .5 for the 20-30 watt mod, but a 1.0 for the 40-50, I would be thrilled to find out why. Not sure why it wouldn't be a linear correlation. Thanks again!
Those sound like preferences. 40-50 watts at 1 ohm seems like a lot, but the Atlantis 2 may have the airflow to keep it cool. I'd assume the same thing, though; 1 ohm @ 20-30 watts, .5 ohms @ 40-50 watts, and .3 ohms at 70-80 watts.

Those sound like preferences. 40-50 watts at 1 ohm seems like a lot, but the Atlantis 2 may have the airflow to keep it cool. I'd assume the same thing, though; 1 ohm @ 20-30 watts, .5 ohms @ 40-50 watts, and .3 ohms at 70-80 watts.
I go .5 ohms in my delta 2 at 35 watts most the time. Rips great!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you everybody for all the responses! I think I have decided to go with an istick 50W for convenience and the long battery life, along with the Atlantis 2 tank.

Be aware that some of the iStick 50 Watt have had some serious issues. Make sure that you purchase directly from the manufacturer in order to use their warranty.
istick 50 watt exploded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread