ego battery flashes green and red when charging...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Zodas, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zodas

Zodas Super Member ECF Veteran

...its mostly red but every five seconds it flashes a green blip.

This isnt normal as it usually stays red if its charging and green when it its done.

Please say this isnt my battery telling me its dying.

2. ClippinWings

ClippinWings Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Totally normal.

When it charges it starts red and turns green when charged...

BUT it does not do it all at once.

It flashes.

More and more frequently as it charges.

Sent from my HTC HOLIDAY using Tapatalk

3. etrnldrk

etrnldrk Full Member

This was asked just yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. The flash from red to green/blue is a function of the "smart charger" testing the voltage level of your battery, to see when to stop putting current to the battery. You just may not have noticed it until now. My eGo T does this, my older eGo 650mah does this with it's charger, Blu usb battery chargers do this, and pretty much any 510/eGo variant with a smart charger does this. No worries, unless you only get about 20 minutes of vape time after a full charge.

4. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

When fully green (or for some othe rmodels blue) then it is done. As long as it is flashing red even infrequently. it's not done.

5. Serianna

Serianna Super Member ECF Veteran

Hmmm. my eGo doesn't do anything but the color red, and then the red goes out when its charged. I have noticed recently that the red stays on.. even after charging for over 8 hours, it just dims to be almost imperceptible.

6. Zodas

The thing that worried me is that Ive never seen it do that before...just red for charging and green for done.

Then it worried me more when my user manual made no mention of it... but it did eventually go green so alls good I guess.

So I guess you guys are right...and I am relieved.

7. Zodas

Now that seems like something is wrong...unless you have a totally different charger.

8. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have one charger that does that and my batteries are always charged so it's nothing to worry about. I have a few others that stay red until done at which time they turn green. When it's time to worry is when it stops charging all together. Get a backup just to be on the safe side so you're never without a charger.

9. Kay1959

Kay1959 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mine has gone from red to green intermittently when it's almost done, I have an eGo by the way. Since it's very new, I'm assuming that's normal. I have noticed that there is a light on the wall charger that stays red the whole time. I'm assuming this is normal also?? Or should the light on the wall charger change to green also??

10. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The LED on the wall AC adapter is just a power indicator for the AC adapter. It has nothing to do with the charge function - unless it doesn't come on then nothing's gonna charge.

Y'all just probably never noticed the intermittent blinking to green on the status indicator on the charger cable. It does this all along during the charge cycle and the frequency of a green blip showing up increases as the battery charge increases. Initially it will be a very long time - several minutes - between those green blips. Toward the end of the charge cycle you may see a green blip every 5 seconds before it goes to solid green. Both my Joye 510 and eGo charger do this same thing.

Now quit staring at your chargers and go vape something! :laugh:

11. HeavyHand

HeavyHand New Member

Mine does the same thing, don't know if it always has, but as long as the batt charges its all good right?

12. Serianna

Serianna Super Member ECF Veteran

I have the 1000mah pass-through, I don't really use it as one though since it lasts me all day. I usually charge it overnight but recently read a thread that made me re-think that idea LOL. Perhaps I will start using it as a pass through during the day to keep it charged for when I go out and about...

13. Smokin'Sandy

Smokin'Sandy Super Member ECF Veteran

I responded to your post in the Veterans thread, but I still don't know why it does it. :D Mine only does it when I charge one of the two batteries I have so I don't think it's the charger. If it's testing the voltage, I wonder why it doesn't happen on my other battery. I'm not too concerned because it will fully charge, but if I were to bet, I bet this battery will die before the other one. I've never made any money betting though... ;)

14. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It's normal. One of my chargers came with my eGo and the other I bought from a vendor, just for backup. The second one has a more pronounced green blip than the eGo kit charger. They all do it and it's a momentary switch from charging to voltage monitoring. When it hits 4.2v, the LED will stay green and you are done.

15. DummyMe

DummyMe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My experience is like this: I Vaped all day on a Riva 650 mah battery. I put it on the charger & both the red & green lights lit (makes yellow!) Never worked again. So I'm guessing as long as it doesn't turn yellow you're OK. I put it on different charges, on car adapters, wall adaptors, various computers every once in a while in hopes that it suddenly charges. It hasn't. It died a week or two out of warranty. Oh well, that's life

16. hurricanegirl100

hurricanegirl100 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nah. My eGo Mega battery charger does that too. I've been vaping on this 650 mah battery since I got for Christmas and it's fine. Still get 8-9 hours on a single charge. That's just what it does, Clippin'! No worries!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.