• DCT_MAP_Tank_in__4f370a7a4f6ad.jpg
    DCT_MAP_Tank_in__4f370a7a4f6ad.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Normally, I'd say 2ml/ day for a light vaper. But when you're starting, it's more. You'll waste some, spill some and some you just won't like. Best thing to do is get small bottles from various places. Or at least a lot of small bottles from one vendor. Finding the right juice is the hardest part. For reference, I'm a heavy vaper and I go through about 4-5ml/day.

It also depends on what nic level you get relative to how much you smoked. Someone who smoked 10 ultralites a day might find 2ml of 24mg too much but be o.k. with 2ml of 12mg.

I smoke about 5 light (not ultra light)....sky blue they are called normally and maybe 15 on a night out

I was thinking 8mg juice....or maybe i should go 12mg?????

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I smoke about 5 light (not ultra light)....sky blue they are called normally and maybe 15 on a night out

I was thinking 8mg juice....or maybe i should go 12mg?????

Err toward the high side with nic. I'd say 12mg would be better.

Drip tips are used with cartos, tanks, attys, and many clearomizers. Some of the tanks, like the vivi nova and the vision stones come with drip tips, but you can use your own. Any of the 510 drip tips will fit any of these. They're all standardized. There are some oversized cartos and tanks but they'll come with their own mouthpieces. Pretty much anything with a 510 thread will either fit a 510 drip tip, or it will come with it's own.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks Bock.....I have ended up buying a "BB" e cig though now, so i can buy any 510 atty now im guessing :p

Try to stay under 3ohms for use with the 3.7V battery. 1.7 to 2.5 is the range you need to shoot for. For 6V, you want 3ohm to 4ohm. Don't go too heavy on atomizers. Unless you plan on "dripping", you only need a few. If you want to drip, there are special attys for that and they work much better. You need cartomizers and/or clearomizers and tanks.
Remember, if you get a carto tank, like that Pyrex one, you have to get punched cartomizers for it, or you have to punch your own holes in them.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Try to stay under 3ohms for use with the 3.7V battery. 1.7 to 2.5 is the range you need to shoot for. For 6V, you want 3ohm to 4ohm. Don't go too heavy on atomizers. Unless you plan on "dripping", you only need a few. If you want to drip, there are special attys for that and they work much better. You need cartomizers and/or clearomizers and tanks.
Remember, if you get a carto tank, like that Pyrex one, you have to get punched cartomizers for it, or you have to punch your own holes in them.

Oh i didnt know that....hope the 5 attys i bought with the drip tips are compatible

Last edited:

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Ah... that's why I thought you were a Brit. The accent.

Yeah, the Silver vein is beautiful. I wish they'd had that option when I got mine. It would match my bird cage! Yes, it's black with a silver vein. They have better pictures on the Silver Bullet page and that color is an SB option, so you should be able to see it there.

For 6V, you need CR2's but some are too tight. The specific ones you need are 15266. I don't know how familiar you are with stacking batteries, but it's not something to be trifled with. They almost redesigned the BB and SB to prevent it, but backed off. You have to monitor the voltage closely and keep them in pairs. Their voltage should not differ more than 0.2V at the most. I label them A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. and try to rotate which one is on top. When I got mine, they offered a 5V passthrough option, so I usually use that for higher voltage vaping anymore. 6V is kind of warm. You can even put 2 CR123A's in it for 7.4V, but that's pretty extreme and i never do it.

With 6V it's best to use a 3.5ohm atty or carto. If you use a tank, the best setup is a 1.7ohm cartomizer with a 3.7V battery. These CR2's are labeled 1000mah, but I don't believe it for a minute. I'm sure they're no more than 600mah. The best 3.7V I've found are the AW ICR 750mah.

If you're interested in a tank, find a Vision Stone 2 or Vision Stone 3 tank. They have a built in coil, so you don't need a cartomizer. And they fit the BB like they were made for it. The diameter matches exactly, they look beautiful and they vape like a dream.

So is the AW ICR 123 / 16340 750mAH Protected 3.7 volt is the same as a AW 14500 750mAh 3.7 volt protected?? (They look different lengths)?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
So is the AW ICR 123 / 16340 750mAH Protected 3.7 volt is the same as a AW 14500 750mAh 3.7 volt protected?? (They look different lengths)?

No. They're different. The way battery numbers work is: The first 2 digits are the diameter in mm. The next two are the length in mm. The last digit is any remaining 1/10 mm in length, but it's usually zero. The 16340 is 16mm dia, 34mm long. It's shorter and fatter than the 14500. You want the 14500 AW 750mah. It should be an ICR, but verify that.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I noticed you mentioned buying a supply of tobacco flavored e-juice. Just a heads up--most people don't vape the tobacco flavored juice for long, even though they think that's what they will want to begin with. Most move onto flavored juices because they are amazing. You might want to order some samples of flavored juices and then after seeing what you like, order large quantities of your favorites before you go.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
No. They're different. The way battery numbers work is: The first 2 digits are the diameter in mm. The next two are the length in mm. The last digit is any remaining 1/10 mm in length, but it's usually zero. The 16340 is 16mm dia, 34mm long. It's shorter and fatter than the 14500. You want the 14500 AW 750mah. It should be an ICR, but verify that.

Hi Sailorman

I cannot find the ICR version of the 14500.....SiteDelux

The other which says its an ICR is the fatter shorter one, this is the 14500: SiteDelux

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
I noticed you mentioned buying a supply of tobacco flavored e-juice. Just a heads up--most people don't vape the tobacco flavored juice for long, even though they think that's what they will want to begin with. Most move onto flavored juices because they are amazing. You might want to order some samples of flavored juices and then after seeing what you like, order large quantities of your favorites before you go.

Hi JudeD - Thanks for the info, yes i have heard this in the forum and yes i was planning on buying (still) tobacco e juice, as well as menthol. However, what i now plan to do on this advice is buy a heap of 5mm e juices....try all these and find the one or two i like and then buy maybe 90ml bulk to keep me going (i work away on remote sites so need 6 to 8 weeks supply).

Does e juice go off ????? Should it be kept in the dark and or a cool place ??

Next up i need to buy Batts / Cartos / Clearomizer / LR attys and a charger, then onto buying the juice

I am also thinking i probably should buy a second battery, as a backup due to me being on these remote sites !!

Cheers

Phil

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
Hi JudeD - Thanks for the info, yes i have heard this in the forum and yes i was planning on buying (still) tobacco e juice, as well as menthol. However, what i now plan to do on this advice is buy a heap of 5mm e juices....try all these and find the one or two i like and then buy maybe 90ml bulk to keep me going (i work away on remote sites so need 6 to 8 weeks supply).

Does e juice go off ????? Should it be kept in the dark and or a cool place ??

Next up i need to buy Batts / Cartos / Clearomizer / LR attys and a charger, then onto buying the juice

I am also thinking i probably should buy a second battery, as a backup due to me being on these remote sites !!

Cheers

Phil

Yes, you'll definitely want at least one backup battery. Most people (even those who aren't going to remote locations) have at least one backup battery because you need one operational while the other is charging and batteries do go bad after awhile. Even new batteries can be duds occasionally.

Juice is good for at least a year, maybe longer, and should be kept in a cool dark place.

You might want to only order samples of the tobacco and menthol flavors at first. Like I said, a lot of people, including me, think they want a flavor just like their old analog, but then find they don't like the taste of tobacco juice once they have it. Plus, not all tobacco juice is created equal--there is a wide variety of tobacco and menthol juices and you might like some and hate some. This is all quite a bit of trial and error at first, which isn't bad if you have time to do it, but you are pressed for time. After tasting some samples and finding several that you like, I would recommend taking large quantities of several flavors with you. Even if you find a flavor that you love and can see yourself vaping all day long, you will probably still want a few other flavors on occasion so vaping doesn't become boring and one-note. And if you are quitting analogs, your taste buds will be going through some changes. What tastes great one day might not the next.

Good luck!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Ok so the standard 14500 battery is an ICR (still cant find it) but the high drain is an IMR

I would of thought the IMR "high drain" battery would be a better option ?????

Cheers
Phil
With the kind of voltage and resistance you're dealing with, you don't need something that handles a 8 or 10 amp drain.
The C-rating of a 750mah ICR will be at least 3 or 4. That's plenty to handle even a 1.5ohm load. The protection circuit is high quality, not like a trustfire. You don't really need an IMR, especially at the cost of 30% capacity.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Hi Sailorman

I cannot find the ICR version of the 14500.....SiteDelux

The other which says its an ICR is the fatter shorter one, this is the 14500: SiteDelux

The one in the first link is the one you want. It says IC. Same thing. That's the one I use. Sorry for the confusion. The second one is a 123. That's 3.7V.
For 6V stacking, you want a 3.0V CR2. Don't even mess with 7.4V. It's just a blast furnace. Everything tastes like ....

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA

Cheers

Phil

Phil, You absolutely need a second battery. Maybe even a third battery. You'll get 6-7 hours out of one and they take a few hours to charge. Even if you could get by with one, it's pretty rough on the battery to keep it in continuous use. Carry a couple with you so you don't have to run them down to their cutoff level. You'll get a better vape that way and the batteries will last longer. If you only use it for a few hours before you recharge, you'll be vaping at 3.8 to 4.2V most of the time.

Ambassador

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Thailand & Madagascar
Phil, You absolutely need a second battery. Maybe even a third battery. You'll get 6-7 hours out of one and they take a few hours to charge. Even if you could get by with one, it's pretty rough on the battery to keep it in continuous use. Carry a couple with you so you don't have to run them down to their cutoff level. You'll get a better vape that way and the batteries will last longer. If you only use it for a few hours before you recharge, you'll be vaping at 3.8 to 4.2V most of the time.

Hi Sailorman

When i was referring to a second battery i was actually meaning a second BB or similar - sorry for the confusion it was early lol

RE Actual batteries, I plan on buying x4

I still cannot find an ICR 14500 750 - It just lists it as an "AC 14500 740 mah"

RE The CR2's i note the protected models might be too long to fit into the BB?

Cheers

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread