EGO II 2200mAH TWIST Premature failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

wotnwabbit

Jun 8, 2010
Ohio
I really wanted to like this battery. I wanted to like it so much I kept buying them after they would fail far too soon.

I noticed that 99% of the time it was a failure of the button to energize the cartomizer. Now the EGO seems very well made and very strong where the top is connected to the battery housing. Unlike joyetech ego batteries which are weakly connected and tend to come apart after a while.

However that strong connection also makes it impossible to separate the two parts without cutting the fitting with a dremel.

Well I dug out the dremel and sawed several of the failing units apart. This is what I discovered as the cause of all the failures:

The PCB is not sufficiently locked in the correct position and moves away from the soft button actuator and down towards the battery itself. That movement results in the button switch no longer being directly under the soft button actuator and then not being switched on.

Too bad. I like this battery so much that I will buy it again if I ever see evidence that Greensound fixes the problem. I did email them about what I discovered.

Really should be an easy engineering fix at the source.

I can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread