Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
@Dieseler,
I recently got a Rcomen Pico-s tank that came with an adapter to use CLR coils.
It is a top fill tank. The problem I have with it so far is my first setup dumped the juice instantly. I tweaked the tank by changing the bottom o-ring for a better seal and made sure the o-ring was under the drip tip (which I had forgotten). I filled the tank 3/4 and managed to vape it almost dry. The tank vaped very well and I really liked it.

I filled it full and managed to vape about a quarter tank before all the juice dumped over my pico mod and my hand. Spent the rest of the evening dis-assembling the Pico and cleaning juice from the mod. I have since parked the Rcomen Pico-s for now.

The idea of a top fill clearomizer I like.. but I can see that it is very sensitive to keeping a vacuum, such as making sure the air flow is closed before filling and hurry to close up the tank when filled. I'll play with it again but mount it on a mechanical mod which will be easier to clean-up.

Btw I still really like my genies, it just that the Clrs give such a good consistent vape I am stuck on them for now... :)

Here is the Rcomen Pico-s I have which I will eventually get working..
$18.63 Authentic Rcomen Pico-s RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3ml / 316 stainles steel + PEI at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I seen them in past and the thought crossed my about purchasing one still not sure.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
yepper, don't be afraid to get the coil wet, first off from dry, remove cap and lay a bead of juice across the wick/wire (replace cap) :)

think you are putting yourself behind the 8-ball by using the stock cotton wick :eek:
you'll see what I mean as soon as you put your first rayon wick in !
be sure cotton is wet and used then GENTLY twist it out/dry burn/ install rayon - Vape Face Off (being careful not to disrupt wire)

:vapor:

Thanks Puf!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I have yet to have an ego one leak or seep. I have yet to get a dry hit, or flooding. Great tank, and now I'm trying the Armor, and so far so good with that, but it's basically an ego one that's got a different look. I gave up completely on top fill tanks. All I've used at some point, dumped juice, and leaked. I like keeping it simple, and not having juice on my hands, and pv.

I may be mistaken but i thought you use to go to the MMvapr thread about DID mods, have you one and ever revisit your mod? If so nowadays you may find that small cap hole too restrictive, i have one that i bore out long time ago and now its in rotation .The other original 3 did's are stashed cleaned and idle.

So i re seasoned my ss mesh and put on some 29 gauge kanthal just under 1 ohm as you know its a top fill with build deck on top these never leak just some condensation in cap and thats tissued away when refilling.

Its quite the vape.
One thing that frustrated many folks was hot spots either at ground connection or the positive one.
Once sure there is no hot spot they vape wonderful.
Mine is now in rotation, vaping it as i type this .

I do enjoy my joyetech ego mega tanks and clrs as well.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Gorgeous AND sophisticated! :D

My lil frosted "glass" KF Kompact : (I may have posted this before, so sorry if it's a dupe.)

View attachment 637219
If I ever happen to see you walking down the street Kd, I sure would know who it was, 'cause the mods would give you up in a heartbeat! :lol:

birthday-cake.gif

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I may be mistaken but i thought you use to go to the MMvapr thread about DID mods, have you one and ever revisit your mod? If so nowadays you may find that small cap hole too restrictive, i have one that i bore out long time ago and now its in rotation .The other original 3 did's are stashed cleaned and idle.

So i re seasoned my ss mesh and put on some 29 gauge kanthal just under 1 ohm as you know its a top fill with build deck on top these never leak just some condensation in cap and thats tissued away when refilling.

Its quite the vape.
One thing that frustrated many folks was hot spots either at ground connection or the positive one.
Once sure there is no hot spot they vape wonderful.
Mine is now in rotation, vaping it as i type this .

I do enjoy my joyetech ego mega tanks and clrs as well.

I had a few Poldiacs but I never owned a DID.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
With which tank are you two having to do all this? I hope not the ego one!

Bee- I am ashamed to say it is the Mega V2 I have leaking issues with. I have three+ years experience with the Protank coils. Never any issue with them leaking, gurgling or burning. I have tied a couple different diameters with both cotton and rayon and occasionally the juice still flows from the air slots. I'm not going to let these coils beat me and I'm in for the long haul. 1.8 ohm 30ga. 2.0mm to 2.5mm I.D.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Bee- I am ashamed to say it is the Mega V2 I have leaking issues with. I have three+ years experience with the Protank coils. Never any issue with them leaking, gurgling or burning. I have tied a couple different diameters with both cotton and rayon and occasionally the juice still flows from the air slots. I'm not going to let these coils beat me and I'm in for the long haul.
1.8 ohm 30ga. 2.0mm to 2.5mm I.D.

CLR - try a 3.0mm coil I.D. and stuff up that square wick hole (rayon)
cut the wick as short as ya can (close to coil body)

tip:
what I do is screw the juice ring UP to hold the coil wire at a higher point (so when you look in the window, coil is above the bottom)
then after I install coil, I screw the ring back down...

:blush: this is my attempt at visual explanation;
upload_2017-2-24_15-27-27.png

:smokie:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Have never had a problem with the V1 or V2. Don't know what to tell you.

Thanks Mike. I haven't had a problem with my EGO One either. I was just trying to figure out if I should buy another EGO ONE or a V2. Your and PufZepplin's response lets me know either one will be a great purchase.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Thanks Mike. I haven't had a problem with my EGO One either. I was just trying to figure out if I should buy another EGO ONE or a V2. Your and PufZepplin's response lets me know either one will be a great purchase.
To me, the only major difference is the look. I happen to like the look of both with a slight lean toward the V1 cage. I have several V2 that I really like, too.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
CLR - try a 3.0mm coil I.D. and stuff up that square wick hole (rayon)
cut the wick as short as ya can (close to coil body)

tip:
what I do is screw the juice ring UP to hold the coil wire at a higher point (so when you look in the window, coil is above the bottom)
then after I install coil, I screw the ring back down...

:blush: this is my attempt at visual explanation;
View attachment 637421

:smokie:
Procedure- wrap coil - place coil in head - screw on coil's top - adjust bottom ring up to hold coil/drill bit in place- secure coil wires and post - lower ring - wick- trim wick- rise ring up.

I have been pushing up the juice ring 2 to 2.5 full turns - I will try the 3.0 mm coil as you suggest next. I had tried smaller diameter coils thinking that there just too much juice supplied for a 7-8 ohm vape. It may be there just wasn't enough wick to stop the fluid from entering the coil's slots. The cotton scraps under the coil sure do work for now. D.Y.I. juice of 50/50 ratio

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Procedure- wrap coil - place coil in head - screw on coil's top - adjust bottom ring up to hold coil/drill bit in place- secure coil wires and post - lower ring - wick- trim wick- rise ring up.

I have been pushing up the juice ring 2 to 2.5 full turns - I will try the 3.0 mm coil as you suggest next. I had tried smaller diameter coils thinking that there just too much juice supplied for a 7-8 ohm vape. It may be there just wasn't enough wick to stop the fluid from entering the coil's slots. The cotton scraps under the coil sure do work for now.

Do not know if this helps but here goes. If you use very high PG%
I vape a 96.5 to 97.5%pg juice which is very thin . VG gives me flem cant vape much at all in my diy e-iquid.
Anyways i use a 2.5mm coil and have juice ring darn near closed because too much juice will flow to coil and right down into cap and soon out the AFC.
I get plenty of tasty vapor and sweet spot is right at 12.5watts with 1 ohm clr setup/organic cotton.

As a note too low of watts depending on setup will leave unburnt juice draining down through coil to cap.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I vape a 96.5 to 97.5%pg juice which is very thin . VG gives me flem cant vape much at all in my diy e-iquid.
Anyways i use a 2.5mm coil and have juice ring darn near closed because too much juice will flow to coil and right down into cap and soon out the AFC.
I get plenty of tasty vapor and sweet spot is right at 12.5watts with 1 ohm clr setup/organic cotton.

As a note too low of watts depending on setup will leave unburnt juice draining down through coil to cap.
When all else fails try closing your juice ring you will get burnt taste after couple of pulls then open it just a tad until that burnt taste goes away. Then you should not have excess juice going into cap.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

hey cool ! - you're the first I can think of that USES the J.F.R. - that just makes our little tank/coil even more cool

glad you are making it work... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread