eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Did my first CLR recoil this morning. Could not have been simpler.
Now to play with various wire gauges and resistance factors to see what I like best.

I may need to try some of the .5 ohm coils to rebuild with the smaller airhole in the pin.
I have the airflow in the 2.5 ml tank almost complete closed and and would like to see how the smaller coil intake affects airflow.

Has anyone tried both? What difference is there in airflow?

When I rebuild, I switch the pins of the tc and kanthal coils. This gives a less constricted draw for the 1.0 clr, and reduces what is —for my tastes—an excessively airy vape in temp control mode. When I put the large hole pin on a kanthal coil, I close the afc to about 15% open.

Trial and error is my method, heavy on error.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I gotts a black, stainless, & white one (3)

sure hope I like them :w00t: - :blink:

eta : trackin sez I should have them in Fridays mail... :ohmy:
Plz post a review when you get a chance?

I'm starting to pull the trigger on Vapocalypse purchases and I've been thinking about buying another Evic VTC Mini with Tron. I've already got 2 5-packs of the CLR heads (one Ti and one 1.0 Kanthal). Only thing holding me up now is if I like the Vaporflask Lite that's in transit better than the VTC Mini. (Don't need a clock - I wear a wristwatch.)

Has anyone tried rebuilding the CLRs with SS 316L and used it in TCR mode? I haven't tried it yet as I've been primarily using a Kayfun Mini V3 clone and a K4 clone.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Plz post a review when you get a chance?

I'm starting to pull the trigger on Vapocalypse purchases and I've been thinking about buying another Evic VTC Mini with Tron. I've already got 2 5-packs of the CLR heads (one Ti and one 1.0 Kanthal).
Only thing holding me up now is if I like the Vaporflask Lite that's in transit better than the VTC Mini. (Don't need a clock - I wear a wristwatch.)
Has anyone tried rebuilding the CLRs with SS 316L and used it in TCR mode? I haven't tried it yet as I've been primarily using a Kayfun Mini V3 clone and a K4 clone.

have not washed and put juice in mega v2 yet, but have no reason not believe it wouldn't vape JUST AS GOOD as all the others (I'm using v2 2ml now)

also have SS in my CLR as I type , I like it a lot (28g & 30g SS316)

:)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
have not washed and put juice in mega v2 yet, but have no reason not believe it wouldn't vape JUST AS GOOD as all the others (I'm using v2 2ml now)

also have SS in my CLR as I type , I like it a lot (28g & 30g SS316)

:)
What's the difference in SS316 and SS316L?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
What's the difference in SS316 and SS316L?

hi Mike,

I'm no knowledge on metals , but the " L " means Lower Carbon content in the metal

made me think of knife blades and how hard they are to sharpen or if they hold an 'edge' well

when you grind a high carbon content metal , the "sparks" they really fly... :w00t: :shock:

:evil:

Last edited:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Reactions: FranC

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Got my FT order today. Two weeks from order to delivery. Not bad at all. Also got my two eGo One Mega V2s from Sweet-Vapes. They're soaking now after a good pre-use cleaning. The orange one comes with a white base and white drop tip. The orange is bright. The whole mess is so ugly I kinda like it (I think).

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Got my FT order today. Two weeks from order to delivery. Not bad at all. Also got my two eGo One Mega V2s from Sweet-Vapes. They're soaking now after a good pre-use cleaning. The orange one comes with a white base and white drip tip. The orange is bright. The whole mess is so ugly I kinda like it (I think).

yepper, pretty good ship time from FT

I got a Blk, SS, & Wht - blk & ss have matching metal tips, wht one has the wht plastic tip o_O

upload_2016-7-18_17-0-6.png

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I have a mini V2 from Sweet-Vapes, so it came with the white tip. After using it for a few days, I decided I didn't like it and put one of metal GS Air tips on it. Much better...

I have mini ver2 in blk and it has a matching metal tip
I like them, they are REAL CLOSE to the subtank mini tips which I like also...

:thumb:

Reactions: Jingles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread