eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
so I am trying to figure out what color goes best with the other...

upload_2015-11-19_0-8-32.png

upload_2015-11-19_0-9-3.png

:D :evil: :D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
so has anyone got one of the "TRON" tanks yet ?
I have not, but still planning on it...

wondering if other than looks it performs any different ?

- - -

so looks like Innokin has fired-up the assembly line again

another starter style kit (reminiscent of an older istick)

the Endura T22 box-mod (2000mah / 4.5ml / USB)

upload_2015-12-14_17-37-42.png

:blink: :blush:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just got my VTC mini/Tron-S kit and took the Tron-S all apart, it smelled lightly of Machine Oil, I Ultra-Sonic cleaned it with 2 drops of mild dish soap for 8 minutes then dried it best I could with a hand operated air pump/Kleenex tissues. Assembled the tank minus the 1 ohm (Kanthal ??) head as it too smelled of machine oil, and replaced that with a 1 Ohm CLR head (Kanthal A-1 ?? it sure looks awful shiny) fresh from the package. Filled the tank and primed the CLR head with Unflavored 50/50 12mg/ml (my mix, that I know very well) and let sit for about 15 minutes (just to be sure, as this is a New tank type for me as I have been wrapping my own coils and wicking for about a year, exclusively). I set the VTC mini to 13 watts/Power Mode (the CLR head started out as a 1.10 but then settled down to a 1.04 ohm coil), and the airflow to the tightest draw setting (MTL is very doable with this Tron-S tank). Very Nice Vapor (not Huge, but nice), Flavor is slightly muted (just look at the way the cotton is packed in the CLR head and that will tell you why it's muted). I'm only on my first half tank full and plan to vape this till the CLR head dies and will see how long that lasts in ml used, then, take out the cotton and Dry Burn the coil and re-wick w/KGD or Rayon and see how the CLR head performs then. I like it so far, and not that far off from a Rebuildable like a Lemo Drop in Flavor and Vapor. No Drips/Leaks or messes At All, very clean (at least with the CLR heads). I could open the airflow wide open for a constricted Lung Hit (very doable). MTL is Good for me (I like a very tight MTL) but not the best, and LH is Good for me (I would like a bit more airflow for that but, LH's are doable). So airflow is a compromised sort of thing with this tank. That's my take anyways on the Tron-S tank. Would I buy another ?? Yes I would, I like it. I was looking for something that I could use for when I just wanted to grab something and vape but didn't want to stop and build/wick a coil first then vape. This is gonna work for me nicely. Too bad that the included 1 ohm coil installed smelled of machine oil and had to be changed out before even used, I would suggest buying extras along with you're purchase.

Edit: This is all with the 1 ohm coil, I have heard that the .5 and such sub-ohm coils have a larger base hole so that more airflow is generated than the said 1 ohm coil.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I just got my VTC mini/Tron-S kit and took the Tron-S all apart, it smelled lightly of Machine Oil,
Assembled the tank minus the 1 ohm (Kanthal ??) head as it too smelled of machine oil, and replaced that with a 1 Ohm CLR head

That's my take anyways on the Tron-S tank. Would I buy another ?? Yes I would, I like it. I was looking for something that I could use for when I just wanted to grab something and vape but didn't want to stop and build/wick a coil first then vape. This is gonna work for me nicely. Too bad that the included 1 ohm coil installed smelled of machine oil and had to be changed out before even used, I would suggest buying extras along with you're purchase.

Edit: This is all with the 1 ohm coil, I have heard that the .5 and such sub-ohm coils have a larger base hole so that more airflow is generated than the said 1 ohm coil.

hey, glad to hear you acquired and like your new VTC & Tron tank kit
of course the 'stock' coil is vertical while the CLR is horizontal
I don't have a problem like some do with the oil on these units
they are metal and who knows how long they might sit on a shelf...
if you still wanna try your stock 1.0Ω coil, allow it to soak in Vodka/PGA for an hour or so
then rinse it and dry for a day or so...

yes the .5Ω air draw is much more than the 1.0Ω (3.5mm vs 1.8mm)
what I like is to pull the 3.5mm pin and insert it into the 1.0Ω coil,
but mostly I build 1.3Ω coils and use 3.5 hole pin...

from my use, I don't care for the stock vertical coils (but they at least work)
if not for the CLR coils I'd found another tank
will get a Tron version here soon...

:)

:evil:
upload_2016-1-8_14-44-51.png

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
hey, glad to hear you acquired and like your new VTC & Tron tank kit
of course the 'stock' coil is vertical while the CLR is horizontal
I don't have a problem like some do with the oil on these units
they are metal and who knows how long they might sit on a shelf...
if you still wanna try your stock 1.0Ω coil, allow it to soak in Vodka/PGA for an hour or so
then rinse it and dry for a day or so...

yes the .5Ω air draw is much more than the 1.0Ω (3.5mm vs 1.8mm)
what I like is to pull the 3.5mm pin and insert it into the 1.0Ω coil,
but mostly I build 1.3Ω coils and use 3.5 hole pin...

from my use, I don't care for the stock vertical coils (but they at least work)
if not for the CLR coils I'd found another tank
will get a Tron version here soon...

This VTC mini/Tron-S has worked out so good that I might get the New Cuboid/Cubis pair also.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Cuboid looks cool, just not into multi-battery types, myself...

then that Cubis looks very interesting, but not into taking on another coil type...

I'm digging the CLR :D

I have just started doing searches on the Cubis, but wondered if you know if the Cubis can use those CLR heads or is that a different head altogether.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I've never had a multi-battery device and have wanted one for a while but couldn't find the right one. This New Cuboid looks very promising.

I have just started doing searches on the Cubis, but wondered if you know if the Cubis can use those CLR heads or is that a different head altogether.

the iStick 100w is another 'dual' 18650 that you might want to research (no TC)

- - -

nope, the CUBIS tank/coil is Way, way different - won't fit into each other
and at this point, Cubis coil will fit No Other...

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
the iStick 100w is another 'dual' 18650 that you might want to research (no TC)

- - -

nope, the CUBIS tank/coil is Way, way different - won't fit into each other
and at this point, Cubis coil will fit No Other...

Thanks. I just watched a pauly meatballs vid and he showed the Cubis all broke down. The coil head is different, that's for sure. Joyetech is definitely NOT like Kanger when it comes to coil head compatibility are they.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Wife has Ego One, Ego One Mega and the Tron S. Tron S is by far the best out of the three tanks. It never leaks a drop of juice. the other two would leak into the 510 connection every second day and lose power. Tron S is easy to see the juice level compared to the slotted windows in the other two tanks. Thrilled she likes those tanks because they are the easiest coils for rebuilding. I just have the CL coils. Never tried the CLR coils. I rebuild about 15 different vertical style coils to base that on. CHEERS!

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Wife has Ego One, Ego One Mega and the Tron S. Tron S is by far the best out of the three tanks. It never leaks a drop of juice. the other two would leak into the 510 connection every second day and lose power. Tron S is easy to see the juice level compared to the slotted windows in the other two tanks. Thrilled she likes those tanks because they are the easiest coils for rebuilding. I just have the CL coils. Never tried the CLR coils. I rebuild about 15 different vertical style coils to base that on. CHEERS!
You got a tutorial video on rebuilding the regular vertical heads that you'd like to share perhaps? Or... Maybe just some random tips and tricks as they pertain to these coils and rebuilding them? Thanks, Dave

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Had my first Tron tank leak this week. Laying sideways in a coat pocket. Juice level was fairly low, and I assume just like with the STM's, the pressure in the tank changes and allows the juice (80vg), to get into the base then out the airflow ring. Up till then I was assuming it was a almost leak proof tank, but beware, it's NOT!

Like the idea of the Cubis tank, but no Titanium coils, no RBA, NO THANKS.

Reactions: Foggy Road

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
:2c:

I'm thinking the coil wick (cotton) if not packed in enuff (a loose wick)
the juice seeps into the air chamber (base) (along with condensation)

this also seems compounded by a low juice level in the tank (pressure)

in turn the juice seeps OUT of the area where the afc ring meets tank bottom
then the juice collects/leaks to the outside bottom of the tank

of my (6) eGo ONE Tanks, (1) leaks AND (coincidently) the afc ring is very loose (moves free)

my other tanks will slightly seep when low (their afc rings are tight)

also I believe the 510 pin is sealed (not allowing leakage)

(just my thoughts/experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread