Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
You got a tutorial video on rebuilding the regular vertical heads that you'd like to share perhaps? Or... Maybe just some random tips and tricks as they pertain to these coils and rebuilding them? Thanks, Dave
Pop off the top cap. It is just pressure fitted. I wrap a coil around a 4 mm screw driver with one lead down and one lead going up the screwdriver. Cut a piece of cotton pad and wrap around coil and slide it in. I use a opened up paper clip to poke it down into place with the screw driver still threw everything. With wire up at the top, the cap has a groove and that is where the wire goes threw. Tap the top back on . then I put the screw driver back threw and put in insulator with wire threw the middle then install pin. Then I normally pop out the pin carefully and clip the wire and reinstall the pin. I do it that way as it pushes the wire to the side of the insulator and I can then clip the wire shorter so it does not ground out when you screw it into base. CHEERS!

https: //www. youtube.com/watch?v=pmtEE8Nrsvo
Take out the spaces.

Also I build new coils but video will give you the idea. I do not take off the o ring like the video does.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Just wanted to check in with Ya'll that are keeping score. I've run 3 Full Tron-S tank fulls (4ml each, measured) of Unflavored 12mg/ml 60/40 PG/VG ECX Nic thru this First CLR 1Ω stock coil head set to 13 Watts on the VTC mini, and All Is Well, so far. Absolutely NO problems at all. No Leaks, No Drips, does seem to Crackle still quite a bit though (no biggie), Good to Very Good Vapor production for a Factory coil head, and taste is slightly muted, but not too bad (Compared to my Lemo Drop with a Coil Master made and KGD wicked build at 1.2Ω, 2.5mm ID, Dual Twisted Kanthal A-1 30g coil, and 14 watts). This CLR 1Ω coil head is close enough to my Lemo Drop in Vapor Production and Taste that I would Vape either and be very happy.
I did measure the capacity of the Tron-S Tank and it is exactly 4ml, Surprise o_O , 4.1ml and I would have had a mess on my hands as juice would start running down the center airflow shaft, so be careful when filling the Tron-S.
I have had NO Dry or Burnt Hits, No Spitting or Popping, just a smooth, even draw. Whether I set the airflow down to it's tightest or loosest draw, the tank and CLR head performs quite well. My only comparison of any other tank with a factory head (in the last year or so) is with a STM and a factory .5Ω head (the latest Style, he had just bought it) that my Son-in-law had here over the Christmas Holidays, and that was set up at 23.5 watts and a semi-tight draw, and it spit and popped quite often, but he liked it. The STM .5Ω was very similar in Taste and Vapor Production to this Tron-S/CLR 1Ω as we compared them both.
So there you go, I'm going to fill this up again (Tank #4). The VTC mini/Tron-S/1Ω CLR Factory head are quite a combination and would do someone new to vaping, or even a veteran vaper, Proud. I'll keep this test of the CLR head going, but plan to get a Tron-T tank as well, I like the "S" that much and I like the look of the "T" (with the CLR head, of course).

P.S. I average about 3.5 to 4.5 ml per day, so I guess I'm an average vaper, and I mostly mix Unflavored 99% of the time. What these CLR heads will do with Fruits, Deserts, Tobacco's and the like, I have NO Idea. The same with higher wattage's, No Idea.

Edit: I also get 2 full tank fulls off of 1 battery (Sam 25 r-2) charge, doing about 3.8 second pulls in Power mode.

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Just wanted to check in with Ya'll that are keeping score. I've run 3 Full Tron-S tank fulls (4ml each, measured) of Unflavored 12mg/ml 60/40 PG/VG ECX Nic thru this First CLR 1Ω stock coil head set to 13 Watts on the VTC mini, and All Is Well, so far. Absolutely NO problems at all. No Leaks, No Drips, does seem to Crackle still quite a bit though (no biggie), Good to Very Good Vapor production for a Factory coil head, and taste is slightly muted, but not too bad (Compared to my Lemo Drop with a Coil Master made and KGD wicked build at 1.2Ω, 2.5mm ID, Dual Twisted Kanthal A-1 30g coil, and 14 watts). This CLR 1Ω coil head is close enough to my Lemo Drop in Vapor Production and Taste that I would Vape either and be very happy.
I did measure the capacity of the Tron-S Tank and it is exactly 4ml, Surprise o_O , 4.1ml and I would have had a mess on my hands as juice would start running down the center airflow shaft, so be careful when filling the Tron-S.
I have had NO Dry or Burnt Hits, No Spitting or Popping, just a smooth, even draw. Whether I set the airflow down to it's tightest or loosest draw, the tank and CLR head performs quite well. My only comparison of any other tank with a factory head (in the last year or so) is with a STM and a factory .5Ω head (the latest Style, he had just bought it) that my Son-in-law had here over the Christmas Holidays, and that was set up at 23.5 watts and a semi-tight draw, and it spit and popped quite often, but he liked it. The STM .5Ω was very similar in Taste and Vapor Production to this Tron-S/CLR 1Ω as we compared them both.
So there you go, I'm going to fill this up again (Tank #4). The VTC mini/Tron-S/1Ω CLR Factory head are quite a combination and would do someone new to vaping, or even a veteran vaper, Proud. I'll keep this test of the CLR head going, but plan to get a Tron-T tank as well, I like the "S" that much and I like the look of the "T" (with the CLR head, of course).

P.S. I average about 3.5 to 4.5 ml per day, so I guess I'm an average vaper, and I mostly mix Unflavored 99% of the time. What these CLR heads will do with Fruits, Deserts, Tobacco's and the like, I have NO Idea. The same with higher wattage's, No Idea.

Edit: I also get 2 full tank fulls off of 1 battery (Sam 25 r-2) charge, doing about 3.8 second pulls.

Popping and spitting is from cotton some companies use. Out of all the coils I rebuild, none of mine pop or spit. I use only organic cotton. I rebuild all the used coils from a big local vape shop in my town. Someone comes in store having grief they put in a rebuilt coil and keep their old coil for rebuild. Nice free service that no one realizes when they leave the store with their vape working well again. CHEERS!

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
So do they make the CLR head in a vertical design?

My Factory 1Ω CLR head has a Horizontal, 6/5 wrap, spaced coil of unknown ID (I haven't tore one apart yet to rebuild), as for the other resistances I don't know. I don't know if it is Ni-chrome 80 or what, as it is Way too shiny for Kanthal A-1. I have never touched, nor even seen Ni-chrome of any sort, so I don't know.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
So do they make the CLR head in a vertical design?
I have not seen one but above poster my have so their very well could be. Most vapes shops don't want to carry many rebuildables unless they sell wick and wire or they will not see you as often. LOL CHEERS!

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
believe there is only Horizontal CLR coils (I've not seen any others yet)

here's the whole family line-up ;

upload_2016-1-10_15-30-28.png

kinda funny, in the pic, they show the Ti CLR coil in wrong position...

:evil:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
exactly, except these are designed to come apart
which makes them a piece of cake to wind some wire, drop it in and vape away (ez-pz)
they are `slightly` bigger , making them perhaps ever so easier to manipulate...
then add in the way-cool 'juice flow ring' - pretty nice IMO

upload_2016-1-10_16-48-26.png

:)

Heybilox

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Belle River, ON, CAN
I'm glad I found this thread, I too am an admirer of CLR coils. I've got a ego one mega, ego one VT with the mega tank and Evic VTC mini with the Tron T tank. I have yet to try the CL nickel or Titanium coils that came with 2 of the kits. However I am waiting on CLR .5 ohm titanium coils from Fasttech at this present time.
I enjoy the ease of rewicking the coils and I must admit I do cheat when rebuilding the coil; I use these precoiled wires from Fasttech

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
CL coils you can build the same way. I have tried to build both leads out bottom and work fine that way also, just bury the ground lead between the cotton to isolate it between coil and the outer casing for vertical. Vertical would work fine in CLR as well. CHEERS!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I'm glad I found this thread, I too am an admirer of CLR coils. I've got a ego one mega, ego one VT with the mega tank and Evic VTC mini with the Tron T tank. I have yet to try the CL nickel or Titanium coils that came with 2 of the kits. However I am waiting on CLR .5 ohm titanium coils from Fasttech at this present time.
I enjoy the ease of rewicking the coils and I must admit I do cheat when rebuilding the coil; I use these precoiled wires from Fasttech
No such thing as cheating. What ever works you go for it. CHEERS!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I bought a 5 pack of the CLR Titaniums. Only tried two, they both POP on every first fire, guess the cotton wicking is factory too tight.

Using Unkaman 26 gauge titanium, I anneal it first to soften it a bit, then wind on a coil master. 2.5mm, 8.5 wraps, .38 ohms. KGD or Native Wicks Pima cotton. Vape at 470 degrees F., on both Vaporshark DNA200, and VTC Mini.

NO MORE POPPING!

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I bought a 5 pack of the CLR Titaniums. Only tried two, they both POP on every first fire, guess the cotton wicking is factory too tight.

Using Unkaman 26 gauge titanium, I anneal it first to soften it a bit, then wind on a coil master. 2.5mm, 8.5 wraps, .38 ohms. KGD or Native Wicks Pima cotton. Vape at 470 degrees F., on both Vaporshark DNA200, and VTC Mini.

NO MORE POPPING!
Bookmarked the unkaman wire link. Thx for that.:thumbs:

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I'm also a fan of the eGo One tanks with CRL heads. I've been using them with stainless steel coils for the last couple of months and really enjoy them. I haven't tried the premade coils since my Protank days but Fasttech is starting to carry premade 316 SS coils. They're spaced so they should be perfect for normal power vaping or temp control.

I play around with a lot different wire and builds, but most of my CLR heads get a 2.5mm 26 gauge 316L SS coil that sits right at about .5 ohms. I use a 2mm Coil Master for 316L wire because it springs out to about 2.5mm, and I use a 2.5mm Coil Master for 304 SS wire because it doesn't spring out at all.

I really like these tanks. They're great for menthol and fruit vapes, plus they've never had a single leak. I've used 13 different tanks (that I can remember) and these are the only tanks that have never leaked a single time. Gotta love that!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
those premade coils from Fasttech are very temping...

if I ever ordered from them, I would for sure add several to my cart (a pretty good deal)

:evil:

Come on, Puf! How hard is it to wind your own coils? I have a Kuro coiler gizmo (a very good Tobeco clone) and now can wind my coils with my eyes closed. Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread