eGo T / Tornado T USB PT homemade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcguru4u2

Jan 29, 2011
Colorado
Does anybody know of any cheap connectors I can use to make a USB PT without tearing apart a new battery? I just started and am good with eletronics so I want to make a PT but have only found forums for making a 510 PT with coaxial connectors...I found some that looked close @ radioshack but wasnt sure. Would like to buy locally but if I must order online..I must...its cheaper than dropping $20 on one. I already ahve plenty of usb cords and buttons laying around....just need the connector. Also...that would make it 5V right? How much faster will that kill my atty? :?:

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
Yes Sir! USB is 5 volts! The Red and Black conductors are the power leads.
The Green and White ones are for data. I read somewhere, probably in this forum, that you may need to short the green and white together in order to tell your PC that you're using the port strictly for power. Otherwise you might not get the full effect. I think this only applies to certain types of USB ports. Do a search for posts by Bastage. He is the God of USB modding on this board. As for connectors, there are many on-line vendors that sell adapters and connectors. Also, check the classifieds on here, you may find someone trying to get rid of some dead batteries you can butcher for parts. Spend some quality time with the Advanced Search feature I'm sure you can find everything you need (like proper threads, sizes and pitches for nearly every model out there.) Keeping your atty wet will go a long way towards keeping it from burning out at higher voltages. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread