1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

eGo Twist kit??

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by dupmaronew, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dupmaronew

dupmaronew Full Member

I see that sweepvapes has one. Does anyone know if anyone else has one?

2. Joyetech Junkie

Joyetech Junkie Full Member

At the local store I go to they don't have kits, they have everything al carte so you can customize what you want. They have the twist for $29.99 no charger. Not sure if this is a good price or not, I am curious to what all the kits come with. I will have to check out the sweepvapes.

3. ShogaNinja

ShogaNinja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I think you mean SWEETvapes.

Altsmoke has them for cheaper than that on sale right now. They are a reputable supplier, I have bought from them in the past. Although there was a big problem of quality with my order I did complain and after a week they sent me free stuff to replace it which made it cool. A charger can be bought for around 5 bucks or less, it's really not a big deal. The "fast" charger that they have there sounds uncool. You don't want to be charging your batteries "fast". It's bad for them.

The rebuildable kit isn't a great deal you can get that same stuff minus the case you'll likely never use for $9 for cheaper AFTER shipping here: AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | AltSmoke.com | eGo-C Twist Battery $26x2= 52 bucks + 5 for charger and +5 for shipping = 62 bucks. That kit in 1000mah is $79 and it comes with one 8 dollar stardust. You can get a better clearomizer than those rebuildable stardusts any day of the week and believe me, they wouldn't sell "replacement tubes" for them if they didn't crack. They crack. I've broken 4 or 5 of them now. One slip and you drop it or roll around with it in your pocket and you get a hairline crack at the bottom of the tank. Next thing you know you're leaking a little and pulling in air at the bottom and it makes your juice bubble and then it starts leaking into your battery's juice well and then you gotta clean your battery because you aren't getting good contact any more. You're wasting juice the whole time. It's a pain. Plus those Stardusts have a TERRIBLY stiff draw to them and the flavor is muted at best. And you have to clean them out every few days and dry burn them to get any sort of performance out of them. You'd have to re-wick them at least once a month if not every 2 weeks. So there you go. Also because everything is so close together, the airflow is bad, and the heat is so high it can cook your juice. I use clear juices and it literally cooks them to the shade of coffee within a few days and that juice is absolutely ruined and gross. You keep topping them off and that stuff pollutes the fresh stuff and keeps adding up until it's coffee sludge.

Oh and the shipping for me was only like $2.50 last time I ordered from them so it may even be cheaper than my conservative estimate.

In response to the post below about them being nice, they weren't very nice to me when I had a problem with getting Stardusts that had been primed with 555 ejuice and smelled and tasted like absolute crap. At first they literally blew me off, making me wait several days to respond, then they told me go away, and then after my 3rd complaint and a week later they sent me some new ones free of charge. Up until that point, they were not very cool at all.

4. VIPtint

VIPtint Full Member

i bought my first 650 twist for 29.99 retail store without a charger.
    i was just on disc vapes and they have 900s for 19.99
    the guy said he accidentally ordered the wrong brand so he clearancing them out. i wish they were 650s

5. SpringzVz

SpringzVz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

6. Fiamma

Fiamma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    AltSmoke is a very reputable vendor, I've done a fair amount of business with them, they ship fast and everything arrives in apple pie shape.

Employees are great to deal with and they now have 2 brick and mortar stores, albeit in Ohio.

Almost forgot. I started on egos when I first started vaping so still have a few in use, including a few chargers. I have 4 of the largest Ego C Twists and love them ;)

7. diego_nacho

diego_nacho Full Member

Wow these looks really interesting. I see these eGo's all over, but why have they become so famous? What's the secret?

8. SpringzVz

SpringzVz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great performance for those not willing or ready to jump into box mods or orbital satellite types lol. Easy to use sleek and good power for LR DCC to SR SCC. Also pushes the tanks, clearos and attys well in the 1.5-1.8 range with long batt life:)

9. diego_nacho

diego_nacho Full Member

There's too much technical language in that last sentence so I still don't know why eGo's are so popular. Is there something I can read up on to be able to understand all those acronyms and such?

Btw I'm swedish so sorry if I seem really stupid.

The toughest sentence was: "good power for LR DCC to SR SCC" :)

Cheers

10. Venusjade

Venusjade Super Member ECF Veteran

11. Rikaroo

Rikaroo Super Member ECF Veteran

Low resistance dual coil cartomizer---standard resistance single coil cartomizer

12. dupmaronew

dupmaronew Full Member

I can't find any 'disc vapes' site. I've google it and all.

13. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think the reference was probably to discountvapers.com

14. dupmaronew

dupmaronew Full Member

I ended up getting the eGo twist kit from Vapors-Choice

15. JohnnyVsGirl

JohnnyVsGirl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I second Altsmoke. I've received 2 eGo C Twists from them in the 650. I don't really want something an inch longer for 1000. We always have one on the charger while the other one is being used. We may buy a 3rd or 4th battery just because they're so cheap and a nice entry level battery with great vapor.

I think they're popular because they're economical, easy to use, come in different colors and aren't too big or bulky. I use an old bottle/pacifier dishwasher cage to stand ours up in while charging and once they're charged. John refers to it as our docking station.

16. Venusjade

What color did you get?? And you'll have to let us know how you like it!

17. Venusjade

18. Newbie from PA

Newbie from PA Senior Member

I'd plug em up on high charge I would!,...right up the waz..........Uhm,...yeah By the way the ultimate CHARGE RATE FOR ANY BATTERY: The voltage rating "of" the battery Xs 1.25% (or 25% more) (3.7v x 1.25= 4.62 v etc) --- The voltage much exceed the capacity, or, nothing will happen / no difference in potential -- A 12 volt battery can not be charged at 12 volts,....Anyway (if that helps you guys who custom build),......Just saying I guess

19. Kremppie

Kremppie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am very new to this forum, and I don't know a lot, but I know what I like that I have purchased so far...I like the ego style batteries to take out away from home. They are small and really provide a good vaper. The larger "mods" that have rechargeable batteries are my favorite. I prefer to use them at home because they are so much bigger. I have not worried about how the mods look out in public, or if they would break. I am more concerned that I would lose them or they would get stollen. The smaller ones are cheaper and easier to take everywhere without changing batteries. I hope this helped, and I didn't totally miss the point.

20. dupmaronew

dupmaronew Full Member

I ended up getting the black kit. I'm not looking for any fancy colors and all that.

I guess it's now time to start reading up about different juices now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.