Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I don't know anything about evcigarettes.com (edit: I see they are a forum supplier) but they say.....
Eleaf GS-Tank Atomizer (w/Temperature Control Heads) - EVcigarettes.com
"Encased within the stainless steel body is a Pyrex glass tank capable of holding up to 3mL."

I hope they didn't silicone the threads on this one. I still haven't gotten my M apart.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Couple notes on the istick 40 TC...the fire button is opposite the 510 connector, unlike the istick 30. Should help keep small drips out of the buttons. The fire button seems improved, at least on the outside, not sure if the actual switch on the board is different although it does feel a bit more solid.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Cloudmann said better construction or build or something earlier and I assumed that's what he was talking about, but we know what happens when we assume :D
If it's not stainless, it's got me fooled. Not the best brushed finish I've ever seen, but it's still pretty nice... lots better than that nickel plating or whatever was on the M and MS, anyhow...

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Couple notes on the istick 40 TC...the fire button is opposite the 510 connector, unlike the istick 30. Should help keep small drips out of the buttons. The fire button seems improved, at least on the outside, not sure if the actual switch on the board is different although it does feel a bit more solid.
No button rattle, either. They moved the button so that the curved part of the tank (a 22mm tank, anyhow) sits flush on the curved part of the body... it was the other way around, before... derp!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Nope... still using adhesive on these, too... D'oh!
I'ts due to how the coils are designed. The chimney doesn't seal to the inside of the coil... it seals to the outside. because of that, there's that huge donut of metal that is in the center... and the need for the huge struts to hold it in place.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
So, Sweet-Vapes finally got the TC Tank in-$14.95. They also have a price for the full IStick 40W and TC tank kit-$54.95, but it's not in stock yet. I believe I did better piecing my kit together from Rocky Mountain and Vapor DNA. My TC tank showed up today. It does look like a big step up from the M''s and MS's in quality. Hopefully, my 40W IStick will show up tomorrow!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Nope... still using adhesive on these, too... D'oh!
Or they're on DAMN tight... I can't see any adhesive on the threads, but can't budge the bugger for the life of me... don't want to try too hard and crack the glass.

I'll do an isopropyl soak at some point and git 'er done!

Reactions: Bukket5

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
So, Sweet-Vapes finally got the TC Tank in-$14.95. They also have a price for the full IStick 40W and TC tank kit-$54.95, but it's not in stock yet. I believe I did better piecing my kit together from Rocky Mountain and Vapor DNA. My TC tank showed up today. It does look like a big step up from the M''s and MS's in quality. Hopefully, my 40W IStick will show up tomorrow!
You'll like it... nice setup.

That IS a bit steep for that kit... wonder why?

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I don't have any complaints with the quality of the "M" tanks right now, they are my favorite. BUT, I am glad to hear the new TC tanks seem to be even better. I WISH they held as much as the "M" tank, though. Kinda bummed about the smaller capacity. "M" tanks supposedly hold 4 ML but I have a marked 3 ML syringe and can barely squeak 3 ML in before getting close to the trouble zone. That makes me a little hesitant about how much liquid the 3 ML tanks actually hold. Maybe they've fixed that quirk in their measuring.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Or they're on DAMN tight... I can't see any adhesive on the threads, but can't budge the bugger for the life of me... don't want to try too hard and crack the glass.

Maybe it is Left Hand Threads.

LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

$54.95 Doesn't sound too bad for a Full Kit.

And I think it is Nice sometimes to get Everything for one Retailer.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine

As of today, I've had two M clearos come "unglued", though there was no sign of any glue or other adhesive anywhere! Heat and 6mg nic e-juice were all that had contact with the inside of the tank, and heat and sweaty hands only on the outside. Was picking dark, ripe raspberries, and suddenly there was a smell of Derall key lime.
Screwed everying back together after inspecting for, and not finding, any adhesive residue. Conclusion? A hot water bath and a gentle twist should open an M, but,

Why bother? Hot running water cleans them well, fully assembled.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As of today, I've had two M clearos come "unglued", though there was no sign of any glue or other advesive anywhere! Heat and 6mg nic e-juice were all that had contact with the inside of the tank, and heat and sweaty hands only on the outside. Was picking dark, ripe raspberries, and suddenly there was a smell of Derall key lime.
Screwed everying back together after inspecting for, and not finding, any adhesive residue. Conclusion? A hot water bath and a gentle twist should open an M, but,

About the Only Reason I can think of is one wanted to Replace the Glass.

But seeing that I don't think there is any Replacement Glass available, it kinda makes it a Non-Issue.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
As of today, I've had two M clearos come "unglued", though there was no sign of any glue or other advesive anywhere! Heat and 6mg nic e-juice were all that had contact with the inside of the tank, and heat and sweaty hands only on the outside. Was picking dark, ripe raspberries, and suddenly there was a smell of Derall key lime.

Didn't you have one come apart on you before? Tank pipe was threaded on both ends if I remember correctly...
You gotta watch that Gorilla strength! :eek: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread