Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I definitely plan on giving it a try sometime soon. My hopelessness comes from the fact that if I don't like 90% of the stuff the PROFESSIONALS mix up, how good are MY chances? :unsure:
Much better, actually. You get to tweak the juice on the fly. Much better results. I literally buy only one commercial liquid anymore, just becuase it's so good. The other 75% of my vaping consists almost entirely of my Frankenstein 12 NET/WTA concoction. Once you get your recipe or recipes you like down, you'll never look back.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
The most difficult part is figuring out the flavor you want... seriously. From there, go to this link... eveything you need to know, and it does the math for you!
DIY e-juice | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Thank you! I just bookmarked it for easy access when I'm ready for that. Starting on rebuilding coils first. One step at a time...

Just want to make sure that when my cats turn, I'll be ready to be self-sufficient by then.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just be really careful with the nic base. I'd wear gloves while handling it, in case you spill some on your hands... nicotine absorbs rapidly into the skin at the higher concentrations found in bases.

I like to use "Pre-Mix". So I only have to Handle High Nicotine Base occasionally.

But a person Doesn't need to DIY using a High Nicotine Base if they do Not Want to. I know Many DIY-ers who buy Low Nicotine Base.

Some buy Nicotine Base in the mg/ml level around what they want to Vape. And then Just Add Flavoring to Taste. Easy - Peasy.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Thank you! I just bookmarked it for easy access when I'm ready for that. Starting on rebuilding coils first. One step at a time...

Just want to make sure that when my cats turn, I'll be ready to be self-sufficient by then.
Catnip... stock up. Great distraction against human brainz consumption.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I like to use "Pre-Mix". So I only have to Handle High Nicotine Base occasionally.

But a person Doesn't need to DIY using a High Nicotine Base if they do Not Want to. I know Many DIY-ers who buy Low Nicotine Base.

Some buy Nicotine Base in the mg/ml level around what they want to Vape. And then Just Add Flavoring to Taste. Easy - Peasy.
Yep. Costs a little more, but certainly easier... if you use nicotine at all. Zero nic liquids are a cinch to mix up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I definitely plan on giving it a try sometime soon. My hopelessness comes from the fact that if I don't like 90% of the stuff the PROFESSIONALS mix up, how good are MY chances? :unsure:

That is what Got me into DIY when I first Switched back in 2010.

I couldn't find e-Liquids that were Sweet Enough. So I Bought Sweetener and added it myself. And then I bought Flavorings to "Fix" those Bland e-Liquids I kept getting.

And then, after about 3 Months of this, I ask myself... "If I am Adding Flavorings, and if I am Adding Sweetener, why don't I just Make My Own from Scratch?"

So I did, and I never Looked Back. I haven't bought a Retail e-Liquid since Earlier 2011. And the Money I save I use as a Justification to Buy New Hardware. LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep. Costs a little more, but certainly easier... if you use nicotine at all. Zero nic liquids are a cinch to mix up.

Aw.. It's so Darn Cheap when you DIY, spending a few cents more per ml of Finished e-liquid is Inconsequential.

At least, It is too me.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Another good tip...but I've already got that stockpiled. :)
Get some of these. Zombie cats can't resist them. It's a scientifically proven fact. Must be the googly eyes...
Poppin Peepers Brain.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Get some of these. Zombie cats can't resist them. It's a scientifically proven fact. Must be the googly eyes...
View attachment 476929

My male cat is staring over my shoulder at the picture as we speak...

...ok, he left..I added it to my Amazon wish list. thanks.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
My male cat is staring over my shoulder at the picture as we speak...

...ok, he left..I added it to my Amazon wish list. thanks.
Uh oh... that's a sure sign that he's been turned. Keep your eyes open for him.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Uh oh... that's a sure sign that he's been turned. Keep your eyes open for him.

But, but, I haven't learned all of the vape survival skills yet.

But I've had my eye on him for a while. He likes to test my flesh with his nails while I'm sleeping, usually right before dawn...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Made me look! What do you know? Mine is numbered also. My number is also over 5000.

I didn't even notice it for a couple of Hours.

Then I looked down and thought... "Hummm. There is a Smudge or something on the top of my iStick".

Had to put on my Reading Glasses when it Didn't Rub Off.

LOL

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
But, but, I haven't learned all of the vape survival skills yet.

But I've had my eye on him for a while. He likes to test my flesh with his nails while I'm sleeping, usually right before dawn...
Tenderizing you and testing your body for weaknesses... the signs all say "yes"...

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Tenderizing you and testing your body for weaknesses... the signs all say "yes"...

This made me spit out my coffee! In agreement, of course, I'm very worried. What do you think about the fact that he can't get enough Chinese food?

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
This made me spit out my coffee! In agreement, of course, I'm very worried. What do you think about the fact that he can't get enough Chinese food?
That might work out. His preferred brainz diet might cause him to migrate to the Asian continent when the zombocalpse finally starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread