Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Yeah, I realize the GS is made for my iS 30 but I am at the point where I don't need to unnecessarily complicate my life More, if anything, I'd like to UNcomplicate it.

I already rebuilding my Evod coils as single coils using Silica or Cotton and have that down pat.

Rebuilding the GS adds the complication of both now having 2 different coils and the added complication
on the GS of adding the wrap before the coil top goes on.

It Would Be much less complicated to use the same rebuilt Evod coils in my Evods And PT3/Aero. (Went
with the PT/Aero base as it's the same as the Aerotank but much cheaper.)

What are the differences between these 2 tanks? The Kanger setup is about 50% more, around $5,
but the less complication of using 1 coil minimizes that for me.

I am concerned the GS will vape warmer and I really don't want that but I assume the warmth can be
tuned out with more airflow. (?)

I also get the impression the rebuilt GS coils last a longer between rebuilds than the Kanger coils,
is that true?

What say yall? Convince me one way or the other.

Using just Evods now, even on the iS 30 and they are basically fine, I just want a little more tank
room for more vapor.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: LeeLee26

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Yeah, I realize the GS is made for my iS 30 but I am at the point where I don't need to unnecessarily complicate my life More, if anything, I'd like to UNcomplicate it.

I already rebuilding my Evod coils as single coils using Silica or Cotton and have that down pat.

Rebuilding the GS adds the complication of both now having 2 different coils and the added complication
on the GS of adding the wrap before the coil top goes on.

It Would Be much less complicated to use the same rebuilt Evod coils in my Evods And PT3/Aero. (Went
with the PT/Aero base as it's the same as the Aerotank but much cheaper.)

What are the differences between these 2 tanks? The Kanger setup is about 50% more, around $5,
but the less complication of using 1 coil minimizes that for me.

I am concerned the GS will vape warmer and I really don't want that but I assume the warmth can be
tuned out with more airflow. (?)

I also get the impression the rebuilt GS coils last a longer between rebuilds than the Kanger coils,
is that true?

What say yall? Convince me one way or the other.

Using just Evods now, even on the iS 30 and they are basically fine, I just want a little more tank
room for more vapor.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
If you rebuild your Evods you pretty much have rebuilding the GS Airs down except for the wrapping the coil. I use 28ga for the Airs, 32ga for my protanks. Another spool of wire and some non-woven gauze from the dollar store and you're good to go. I found that wrapping the coil in the base and putting the cap back on, then placing a little hex nut over the top to protect the nipple, a tapping it down with a pair of pliers makes it much easier to get back together.

The GS Airs are the best tanks you can get for the money. I like them better than the Nautilus or eGo One. If you are concerned about a warm vape, get the GS Air M. I don't like hot vape, and I use the shorty GS Air MS with no problem, but the bigger M is guaranteed cool vape.

If you are happy with the Evod you might try drilling out the air holes with a 1/16" bit, one at a time until you get the airflow you like. You don't need to adjust anything if you get what you like.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I don't know about the aero base, but my protank 3s leak, and my GS Air very rarely does. I prefer the GS Air, and I'm definitely a tootle puffer. It holds up a lot better and there's less gunk getting under the coil.
I use the protank 2 single coil, both Kanger and clones, never had a problem with leaking or anything else. But even drilled out and with cotton wicks they don't hold a candle to the GS Airs. Tootle puffer approved but they put out some decent clouds if you want. Sweet-vapes should put me on commission. Every time I pull one out and start puffing on it everyone is like "What the hell is that? Ten bucks? Got one you want to sell?" I should just put in a weekly standing order.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I use the protank 2 single coil, both Kanger and clones, never had a problem with leaking or anything else. But even drilled out and with cotton wicks they don't hold a candle to the GS Airs. Tootle puffer approved but they put out some decent clouds if you want. Sweet-vapes should put me on commission. Every time I pull one out and start puffing on it everyone is like "What the hell is that? Ten bucks? Got one you want to sell?" I should just put in a weekly standing order.
Haha, I'm waiting for evape to get them back in stock (he's the only vendor I've found who will ship UPS and carries the Airs). :D

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
If you rebuild your Evods you pretty much have rebuilding the GS Airs down except for the wrapping the coil. I use 28ga for the Airs, 32ga for my protanks. Another spool of wire and some non-woven gauze from the dollar store and you're good to go. I found that wrapping the coil in the base and putting the cap back on, then placing a little hex nut over the top to protect the nipple, a tapping it down with a pair of pliers makes it much easier to get back together.

The GS Airs are the best tanks you can get for the money. I like them better than the Nautilus or eGo One. If you are concerned about a warm vape, get the GS Air M. I don't like hot vape, and I use the shorty GS Air MS with no problem, but the bigger M is guaranteed cool vape.

If you are happy with the Evod you might try drilling out the air holes with a 1/16" bit, one at a time until you get the airflow you like. You don't need to adjust anything if you get what you like.

I found that drilling out my old T3S tanks improved the flavor enormously, plus rebuilding the coils at 1.2-1.5 ohms. But I agree, they still don't hold a candle to a GS Air M. That is quite simply the best tank I've ever used.

Incidentally, rebuilding the GS Air coils is exactly the same as the other coils you are rebuilding except for that one extra step - pulling off that top cap and adding a gauze wrap. But once you've done it a few times, it's hardly worth even worrying about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread