Eliquid arrived evaporated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalifas

Jul 10, 2017
Chicago
I'm a newbie to vaping and haven't ordered much eliquid. I wanted to try a NET and I decided on Black Note. V2 was having a 4 of July sale, so I ordered through them. I ordered the Notebook sampler. They emailed to say it was out of stock and asked if I would like 2 30mL bottles of eliquid in its place. After a few weeks it became clear to me that the sampler was never going to be back in-stock, so I said okay on the 2 bottles.

They arrived very quickly, but somewhat evaporated. They're sealed, completely unopened, but I have no idea how long they have been sitting on the shelf. Does eliquid go bad? If I paid full price, I would've already asked for a refund or new eliquid, but it ended up being around $30 for 2 bottles (about half the price on Black Note sells them for). What would you do? Am I making a big deal out of nothing, or would you contact the company?

Attachments

• IMG_4356.jpg
    IMG_4356.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 63

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm a newbie to vaping and haven't ordered much eliquid. I wanted to try a NET and I decided on Black Note. V2 was having a 4 of July sale, so I ordered through them. I ordered the Notebook sampler. They emailed to say it was out of stock and asked if I would like 2 30mL bottles of eliquid in its place. After a few weeks it became clear to me that the sampler was never going to be back in-stock, so I said okay on the 2 bottles.

They arrived very quickly, but somewhat evaporated. They're sealed, completely unopened, but I have no idea how long they have been sitting on the shelf. Does eliquid go bad? If I paid full price, I would've already asked for a refund or new eliquid, but it ended up being around $30 for 2 bottles (about half the price on Black Note sells them for). What would you do? Am I making a big deal out of nothing, or would you contact the company?
Eliquid can last sometimes for years. Is it because the bottles are not filled to the top that you think its evaporated? I really don't see how it could having those seals on them. If you are that unhappy, just send contact the company to see what they will do.

Good luck.

:)

Reactions: Kalifas

Kalifas

Jul 10, 2017
Chicago
Eliquid can last sometimes for years. Is it because the bottles are not filled to the top that you think its evaporated? I really don't see how it could having those seals on them. If you are that unhappy, just send contact the company to see what they will do.

Good luck.

:)

Yes, on the Black Note site they're filled to the top. Also, one has more liquid than the other. Good to know it can last that long though!

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
photo 2 (1).JPG
Hmmm. I dont think Ive ever gotten a bottle of anything filled much higher than that.

Only way to tell if its "evaporated" is if you were to pour it out and see how many actual ml there is.
I think most bottles leave a bit of room in case of freezing or just to be able to shake certain things.

If Im not mistaken Ive been doing DIY for a couple months and when I pour in 30mls into 30ml bottles it always has about that much space.

Like I said, the only way to see if you were undersold the amount would be to measure it, but then it will have been opened and then they can say "how do we know if you vaped some"?

Id ask them to see the photo and see what they say and if they can show you photos of a few of their bottles on the shelves to see how yours compares.

By any chance do you have another empty bottle to fill with 30mls of liquid to compare?

I just remembered I have this 3 year old? bottle and its pretty much filled like yours. I think they also leave room so you can put the glass dripper tube in without it spilling over when it takes up space.

Not trying to be contradictory, but it seemed normal to me, maybe some other companies fill it more and give you extra?

Last edited:

Kalifas

Jul 10, 2017
Chicago
View attachment 676741 Hmmm. I dont think Ive ever gotten a bottle of anything filled much higher than that.

Only way to tell if its "evaporated" is if you were to pour it out and see how many actual ml there is.
I think most bottles leave a bit of room in case of freezing or just to be able to shake certain things.

If Im not mistaken Ive been doing DIY for a couple months and when I pour in 30mls into 30ml bottles it always has about that much space.

Like I said, the only way to see if you were undersold the amount would be to measure it, but then it will have been opened and then they can say "how do we know if you vaped some"?

Id ask them to see the photo and see what they say and if they can show you photos of a few of their bottles on the shelves to see how yours compares.

By any chance do you have another empty bottle to fill with 30mls of liquid to compare?

I just remembered I have this 3 year old? bottle and its pretty much filled like yours. I think they also leave room so you can put the glass dripper tube in without it spilling over when it takes up space.

Not trying to be contradictory, but it seemed normal to me, maybe some other companies fill it more and give you extra?

Okay, so I'm just being a little crazy lol. I've never ordered a 30 mL before, just sample packs so I have nothing to compare it to. I think I put the idea in my head wondering "How many people actually buy these from V2? How long has it been sitting there?"

I did contact Black Note and gave them the batch numbers. They said the eliquid was made in May 2016 so it should be good for about 10 months. If I paid full price, I'd be sending them back, but to be honest... I'm dying to try these. :)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread