Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I love RTAs... heck, I won't even buy a tank unless it has an available RBA. Most RTAs, though, are designed for horizontal coils.

I suppose it could be argued that Genisis atties use verticals a lot, but that's a whole 'nother ball o' wax. There was a lot said about running vertical coils in the Aromamizer RDTA (but, really, it's an RTA, right...), but I never got a decent vape on that tank with verticals... wicking from the bottom just would not keep up with my chain vaping.

Yet, most all the high wattage super tanks come with verticals. Surely, a vertical-centric RTA is possible...

Then I see this: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Envii-Terra-RTA-Octo-coil.html

25 mm, 5.5 ml, 8 coils... ALL vertical... and a top wicking method that looks like it would keep up. To me, it looks like a DIY TFV8.

In the cart it goes...

Anyone else intrigued? Anyone have one?
fe839894bd147cdfb6a5c88bc3103e4b.jpg
b4299596b34909856f0860da9de1203d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I've seen a review a while ago if I remember correctly you need to buy the coils they are kinda springy that tensioned keeps them in place
If that's the case, I'll report it and class this as a wonky subohm tank instead if RTA...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Terra arrived today.

First off, nice packaging! It comes in a tin instead of a plastic clamshell or cardboard box. Inside the box is the tank with the Ultem AFC installed, a spare tall glass*, a packet filled with 8 plugs*, a drip tip adapter*, and 3 coils*, and another packet with some cotton... presumable 3 coils worth. There's no sign of any spare o-rings or grommets, though, so proceed gently and double check placement as it's assembled.

I filled it up with some 3 nic Sweet Strawberry Peach from Camelot's Apocolypse line. Kinda wish I'd gone with 0. I did NOT prime the coils... not necessary, or really possible... best to fill, and wait, I think.

The tank read in at .15 Ohms on the Ijoy Maxo. With the Ultem AFC, I kinda think it's a good looking rig.

I started at a measly 100 Watts and got, basically, nothing. I bumped it up to 150, and started to feel it. At 200, it came into its own. 200 frickin' watts to break in a coil!!!

The coils appear to be 2.6 mm 26 AWG Kanthal A1 10 wrap. Whether I can build one to spec for use in this tank remains to be seen.

Thus far, I'd have to say that this is the wierdest tank I've ever come across... and as a guy that owns in the neighborhood of 240 different atomizers, that's saying something. Innovative, different... those words don't even come close...

More after I've tried to build it...
0e4f7e79e074e720e7f8618e37a7f7ab.jpg

Reactions: ShowerHead

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
One full day... kinda... I mean, I did sleep a little bit last night...

About 15 ml run through the tank. That's priming (not in the traditional sense... more of a marinade lol), two partial fills, and one full fill. Even filling with the AFC wide open, I've not seen a single drop of leakage. I do get a bit of flooding when filling that way, and unvaporized liquid at 200 watts is not terribly pleasant. I mean, I still have a tongue, but...

I maintain that it's the weirdest tank I've ever seen... that Ultem AFC ring just throws me... There is a longer glass in the kit that would make it look a bit more traditional, but it's not recommended for octa-coil mode.

In my last post, I sprinkled in a bunch of asterisks... those were there to remind me to expound... just some additional first impressions kind of rambling...

*it's an octa-coil tank... why did they only include enough coils and cotton to build a tri-coil setup after initial use?

*it's an octa-coil tank... why did they include 8 silicone plugs... hmmm, lessee... I used all the plugs, and now my mod says "check atomizer"...

*the kit comes with one of each kind of glass... one for octa-coil mode for use with the ultem ring, and one for non-octa-coil mode. In essense, there is/are no spare glass/glasses, and no spare ultem AFC.

*the top cap is a one piece affair, so the DT adapter means stacking a 510 on top of a proprietary top cap... it'll look ridiculous... waste of delrin, IMO.

Although I didn't asterisk it, it's worth noting that IF this tank can be rebuilt with self-made coils, the coils will have to be quite specific... there'll be no framed staple zig zag stitched exo mohawk aliens in this... just round wire, and lots of it.

More to come, I'm sure...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Bwahahaha....I'm getting the impression this tank is a tiny bit over complicated.:rolleyes: It is fun watching you figure it out though.:)
In use, it's easy... fill, vape (let sit a bit to prime if it's the first time). Building is gonna be interesting, though...

Reactions: Eskie

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
No mention of flavor.....guess it's not knocking you over in that department?
One of the vids says no dryburning, understandable as the coils would anneal and collapse under heat. The coils do look easy to duplicate and even easier to install.
With rayon and a clean juice I can see it not being that much of a nightmare maintenance wise.

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
No mention of flavor.....guess it's not knocking you over in that department?
The flavor is good... to be honest, as I feared that the tank was gonna leak, and drink juice like a wino that won an all expenses paid tour of every winery in France... so I used a juice that I had a 120 ml of, and wasn't gonna be hurt if I lost it... when I build it, I'll try it with a flavor I know and like.

Reactions: Eskie

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Nope, no thanks. I can mow my lawn in the time it takes to rework or rebuild this. Hell, I can cook a 6 course dinner! (just kidding about all that)

My issue is vaping DIY NET tobacco juice...you need to re-wick every other day usually and this looks like just too much work to do that 2-3 times a week.

Unless there is some HUGE flavor breakthrough with this thing it just is a lot to do about nothing. Dual coil vapor production and flavor these days is fantastic. Most everything else is over-kill it seems to me. But you may change my mind. Or it's used to vape herb-ejuice maybe?

Reactions: cigatron

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Nope, no thanks. I can mow my lawn in the time it takes to rework or rebuild this. Hell, I can cook a 6 course dinner! (just kidding about all that)

My issue is vaping DIY NET tobacco juice...you need to re-wick every other day usually and this looks like just too much work to do that 2-3 times a week.

Unless there is some HUGE flavor breakthrough with this thing it just is a lot to do about nothing. Dual coil vapor production and flavor these days is fantastic. Most everything else is over-kill it seems to me. But you may change my mind. Or it's used to vape herb-ejuice maybe?

No herbs here...

I'll let ya know when I build it... I might rewick, first... just to go through all the steps...

However, thinking hard... can you hear the gears grinding?... this might not be a tank suited to NET as you're not supposed to dry-burn the coils... I suppose they could be gently removed, flamed, and reinstalled, but...

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
No herbs here...

I'll let ya know when I build it... I might rewick, first... just to go through all the steps...

However, thinking hard... can you hear the gears grinding?... this might not be a tank suited to NET as you're not supposed to dry-burn the coils... I suppose they could be gently removed, flamed, and reinstalled, but...

If anyone can figure it out...you the Man to do it! Keeps informed. And thanks for all the info.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread