EVOD Charging issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I have always used a couple KIK Ego batteries, got them at a local tobacco shop, they came with a Ego USb Charger thats Input DC 5V Output 4.2V 420mah. I had gotten a Kanger 650 EVOD Battery that I always used on that charger too...I decided to get a spare charger one of the EVOD USB Charger its only a 400mah, I found out that EVOD battery inputs are 400mah even though I have heard its fine to charge a EVOD battery on a 420mah. I saw others asked in questions of the EVOD Twist battery and they answered any standard Ego style charger or the EVOD Charger pasted from page..

Q: what charger do i need for this battery, a standard esb charger or a specific charger?[/B]

Answers

A: Any standard ego battery charger should work, such as the Kanger Evod USB Charger

I had a defective EVOD Twist I had to send back, replacement should be here tomorrow. But I now notice when I go to unscrew the charged battery off the EVOD USB Charger the charging light will go from green to red as I touch it. Also it has turned green but the blue LED light on one of my batterys was still on. Its also said it was charged and I put the battery on my first Ego USB thats a 420mah it charges longer still (IT DID THIS EVER SINCE I FIRST GOT CHARGER ON OTHER batteries...this was the only charger the defective EVOD Twist was ever charged on and I dont know if it caused the issue with the EVOD Twist or the battery caused a issue in the charger, only thing I noticed before issues with the battery was I could take a charged batt off it and top it off for atleast 10 more mins on the Ego 420mah.. I may say something to them about it and see if will replace charger too...but I know I will stick to using my other charger..Im kinda thinking I got a bad EVOD USB Charger and maybe its what casued my EVOD Twist to mess up..it did work fine til the first day then messed up after the first charge??

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Maybe I didnt give it enough time to stay green and the battery light to shut off. So when I grabbed the battery to unscrew it the light went red cause it wasnt completely done charging. I wait a few more mins and the light on battery goes off and then it does not flash red like its still trying to charge it. I can take a charged battery off it and screw onto my other charger and it will turn red like charging for just a short while then it realizes that the battery is charged and turn green...it took 5 more mins of charge on a 900mah battery

Still have never seen a charger turn green and it take that long for the battery LED to flash off...I will be avoiding this charger and looking for another one..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread