• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Exodus: Gods and Kings Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Over the weekend, I watched the above mentioned movie by streaming it from a movie site. I knew it wasn't going to be exact with the Bible, as hollywood takes all kinds of avenues getting it to the big screen. It started out fairly well. I am sort of a Christian Bale fan. The movie begins with Moses and Ramses as adults. That's okay. Well, we got to the burning bush and Almighty God was portrayed by a child with a child's voice. W-H-A-T???????? The child walked up to Moses and they got into an argument. God is portrayed by a child all the way through the movie. Moses told Ramses 1 time to let the children go. There was no Aaron with him. Now the plagues were rather cool. But to present Almighty God as a child? I was trying to wrap my head around it and the only logical explanation is the Scripture: "And a child shall lead them." That has no relevance to these particular Books in the Old Testament. When we got to the 10 Commandments, this movie had God dictate them to Moses and Moses chiseled the tablets. Demeaned God yet again. Now since it's been awhile back since I read about the Exodus of the children of Israel, I went to Scripture. There were things that I had forgotten that weren't even in the movie.

So, as far as I'm concerned, Cecil B. DeMille and Charltan Heston are the closest to Scriptures I've seen, except for the animated movie 'Prince of Egypt, but that was a time that no one dared disrespect Almighty God.....including hollywood! Look at what has happened in 57 years. Yeah, there's been a great falling away from God when you compare it like that.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread