Experience with El Toro NET liquids and coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mittelwert22

Oct 6, 2016
Hello everybody,

I've now been 6 month without a cigarette and couldn't be happier!
But I'm still looking to find liquids that I really want to vape on a day to day basis.
Most of the stuff is way to sweet and artificial for my taste.
I live in Europe, so there are not that much options but recently I've read a lot about El Toro NET liquids from House of Liquids. And I really want to order them. But I'have also read that they are clogging the coils very fast because of they way they are made.

I'm a MTL guy and at the moment I'm using a ego AIO and I'm about to upgrade to a evic basic with the Cubis Mini Pro or the Nautilus X soon.

I don't see myself getting in to the whole DIY thing anytime soon. So does it even make sense to get this liquids, or would I be forced to change coils on a daily basis with my setup?

I've found some old threads here but maybe technology has advanced, I don't know :)

In case there is no convenient way to use those liquids - are there any other liquids that are comparable but easier on the coils?

Thanks in advance!

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't tried the El Toro but haven't found NETs to be any worse for coils than stronger artificially flavored juices. I've tried Goodejuice, n-e-t LLC, MVJ, Black Note. The "grassier" tasting ones can take on a bad flavor as they gunk up, vs. the Goodejuice (Patriot, at least) gets better at first as it gunks and is good until it almost doesn't work anymore. The MyVapeJuice (out of business) I got as extracts. The darker ones seem about the same as an equal amount of artificial flavoring but the extracts are often used at up to 30% vs. 10-20% for strong conventional flavors (I often use <3%). I like light tobacco juices sometimes so I've been using as low as 10% of the MVJ though. Also the cigar flavor I got is almost clear (!) and shouldn't be a problem. Diluting a flavor, if it proves desirable, will reduce gunking -- actually some of my experience points that it's disproportionate, halving the flavoring can reduce gunk to more like 1/6th and avoid some flavors from gunking in a gross way. Dilution can be done with unflavored from a vape shop at full price or from a DIY source for cheap.

The main thing is determining what you like, and then decide if you can keep using it.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
    May 7, 2013
    People's Republic of Stroud
    El toro rate there juices to take into account gunk factor.

I found cigarillos and puros naturalis acceptable - green/ beginner rating.

The guevara and perique and virginia prome require frequent rebuilding. On other words coil starta to gunk after 2-4ml of juice.

To get true net taste unfortunately means cool gunk. I started twbuilding for this exact reason.

Cigarillos and puros are both good, not the most extreme net experience but they are relatively kind to coils.

Hol are good at replying to e mails. I suggest you drop them a line for more info.

mittelwert22

Oct 6, 2016
    So just a little update for people that might stumble over this thread.
    I ordered a few of the El Toro liquids and vaped them in a cubis pro. I tried the 0.6, 1.0 and the 1.5 BF coils and they all went to .... after half tank. I then diluted the el toro with some 50/50 base. This was okay with the Puros - all the others I tried still had a burnt taste way to fast. Then i used a 1.5 LVC clapton coil with the liquid hole completely open. And guess what - I could vape on this coils for 2 weeks before the taste got bad.
    So what I take from this, is that it might be better to vape NETs with coils that got big liquid holes. So next I might buy a Nautilius X with the 1.8 Coils, because they got really big holes.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
    May 7, 2013
    People's Republic of Stroud
    Odd, I always found the puros and cigarillos were ok on coils.

You could try red vape - I didn't liked the perique or Havana dark but the Havana gold / light was decent if I bit mild. I found it easy'ish for a net on the coils.

Also black note is sold in uk and Europe.

People generally find nets gunk less on bigger coils and spaced rather than touching coils.

Another option is to get I to rebuilding and dry burn the gunk off and re wick when necessary. Opens up the whole world of nets!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread