• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I think most people on ECF are familiar with what the deal with fasttech is. I've bought lots of stuff from them, Kanthal, cotton, PVs, mech mods and even batteries. All of which has been great, other than a Stingray X which I still haven''t received after 2 months of waiting.

However, I went through my order history and realized that out of five RDAs I've bought, four have been garbage. I'm not just talking about tooling marks and machine oil, but that they were so poorly made as to be unusable. I will list them below. Maybe I've been unlucky, but I think not ordering any more of them would be a sensible decision. I'm either pending replacement, or been refunded on most of them. I'm not annoyed as most were less than £8, which at the very least has allowed me to work out which authentics I wanted.

My intention with this post is to at the very least provide a list of specific SKU that I would recommend people NOT buy from FT. Perhaps others could do the same providing a 'don't buy' list for the community.

Please don't turn this thread into a clone VS authentic slanging match.

Patriot Style RDA - SKU: 1740601

The tolerances on the deck were so loose, that just picking it up by the top caused the deck to fall to the floor.

Magma Style RDS - SKU: 1754904
The air holes through the base were either completely blocked by some unknown material, or had not been completely machined.

Tugboat V2 Copper - SKU: 1940303
Tolerances were about 1mm out on the connection between the base and the AFC meaning it was so loose, that air would leak through and the deck would often fall off.

Tugboat V2 SS - SKU: 1941402
The o-rings on for the deck was too large, so that it was impossible to put the AFC onto the deck. I managed to find another o-ring that was a better fit and now I use this RDA every day.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
just a tip if you havent noticed yet or do it. A bunch of the RDA's have reviews/discussions listed on the specific page of that item. Most users will rate it, give pros/cons on it, tell you why to buy it or tell you why not to buy it etc, ultimately you come up to your own decision on buying. There are also some items that people rarely buy or new items that havent been reviewed/rated yet so those are buyer beware type stuff. But technically there is sort of a 'do not buy' list on fasttech itself.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Also, ordering anything from Fasttech that isn't labeled as authentic is a crap shoot. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes not. Works fine for stuff like drip tips, sleeves, and whatnot, but I'd never buy a knockoff battery or something as complex as an RDA or tank... just too much that can go wrong.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Authentics have quality control and manufacturers that have reputations take care to put out a product that if it's any good at all will be reviewed. People like Rip and 420 can literally show down a business. I digress. Clones in some instances be better than originals due to re-engineering. Rare but true. As for Fasttech, it's hard to complain about a $10 rda as long as it works. I think of it like renting a movie to see if I want to buy it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Authentics have quality control and manufacturers that have reputations take care to put out a product that if it's any good at all will be reviewed. People like Rip and 420 can literally show down a business. I digress. Clones in some instances be better than originals due to re-engineering. Rare but true. As for Fasttech, it's hard to complain about a $10 rda as long as it works. I think of it like renting a movie to see if I want to buy it.

Fasttech has discussion forums for each item that act as quality control.
Unless it's brand new, the vapers there have dissected it and will let you know.

It's not a crapshoot if you do a bit of research before buying.

I have about 20lbs of RDAs from fasttech.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Fasttech has discussion forums for each item that act as quality control.
Unless it's brand new, the vapers there have dissected it and will let you know.

It's not a crapshoot if you do a bit of research before buying.

I have about 20lbs of RDAs from fasttech.
Even the bigger companies like Aspire and Kanger send out a bad tank every so often where the news of leaking or poor air flow spreads. Also, my feel on air flow may be different than someone that really enjoys rda's. The market for all equipment from toasters, phones, and even atomizers is huge so I agree that you should research before buying. Maybe try to get one in your hands at a B&M. However, you never truly know how anything will fit your vaping style until you try it for a time. Please understand that this isn't a disagreement. It's just my experience with having certain tanks and rda's that either didn't perform like I was told it should.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Always, always, ALWAYS, read the discussions. If it doesn't have any, assume instantly the risk is 50/50 of getting a good one

Example the one magma clone was identified by many as having problems with the airholes. And many filed a claim for a new one.

So far the only bad experiences with atty's I have had, drippers or otherwise are when I take a chance on something new or not rated/talked about. But I don't complain because I accepted the risk.

When I got my origen I read all the posts on every version, so far the one I picked is awesome, same with my k4 clone

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Also, ordering anything from Fasttech that isn't labeled as authentic is a crap shoot.

Actually, it is ordering authentic from Fasttech is meaningless. Usually you can buy the same thing on US sites for the same price or even cheaper (I just ordered Sigilei 30 from 101vapes for $36, on Fasttech it is $40). But you can buy amazing clones from Fasttech. If not for clones and some small stuff (bottles, parts, etc.) Fasttech was not needed.

All clones I've got from Fasttech are really good. I understand that there are a lot of crap on Fasttech, but why to by crap when such things like user comments and ECF do exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread