Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Honestly, I think most of the folks in the FDA are probably well-meaning. I don't even disagree that some oversight of vaping might not be entirely out of line. But the regulations that were handed down were way over-the-top. Somebody got way too overzealous. Instead of providing some checks on quality, they adopted regulations that will stifle the industry.

A lot of folks think it was a conspiracy to do exactly that. I'm more inclined to believe that they didn't entirely think out the consequences of the regulations they passed. I tend to believe more in ignorance than in malevolence.

Reactions: happy valley

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
Honestly, I think most of the folks in the FDA are probably well-meaning. I don't even disagree that some oversight of vaping might not be entirely out of line. But the regulations that were handed down were way over-the-top. Somebody got way too overzealous. Instead of providing some checks on quality, they adopted regulations that will stifle the industry.

A lot of folks think it was a conspiracy to do exactly that. I'm more inclined to believe that they didn't entirely think out the consequences of the regulations they passed. I tend to believe more in ignorance than in malevolence.

Good post and I agree, measured thought is more relevant than knee jerk reaction to understanding the situation, the difference being it leaves the possibility of correcting that ignorance.

Reactions: KatzWh1skers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread