Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
MY MARCH PROJECT. (I watched 1 video on DIY) I'm a 55 yr old new vaper ( 2 weeks ) trying to look ahead at creating my own e liquid. I currently vape at 12 nic, and around a PG 70 / VG 30 mix (though I do have some 80/20 and 50/50 ). I'm not a cloud chaser, and I am looking for the flavor. I use nautilus mini's and will be purchasing a mod sometime this month. It's quite possible I will venture into sub ohm's later this year, and purchase the necessary equipment for it.

I can get a gallon of PG (USP) locally for about $25. I figure I can get a liter of VG for start at an online supplier. (gets me close to 75/25 mix) The question I have is about the nicotine. Different forum suppliers offer the nicotine in various mediums. The more I read the more confused I get about what to use. I anticipate lowering my nicotine level once I start modding and in fact it is a goal.

The question I have.... what should I buy in the nicotine area? If I buy a 12 mg nicotine in a PG or VG medium, can it be "cut" in half by adding an equal portion of same medium? Would I be better off using a different type of nicotine? I've seen "unflavored nicotine" and different percentage nicotine's.

So what quantity/strength/type should I purchase?

I am comfortable with the different flavorings and the equipment needed. I plan on researching Youtube, and the forum for recipies and such. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Greg Sir2fyablyNutz = (sir 2 f-eye uh blee nuts)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Greg. You should, first of all, visit our DIY forum, where you can learn everything you need to know about how to mix, dilute, flavor and safely handle nicotine bases. DIY is not very difficult but you have to know what you're doing, as nicotine in high concentration can be dangerous.

DIY E-Liquid

You can buy your nicotine base in any medium--makes no difference, really; get what you like. And you can dilute with PG, VG, or a mixture of both. Most experienced vapers buy their nicotine at high concentration, usually 10% (100 mg/ml), but you may want to start at a lower, safer level, like 54 or 36 mg/ml.

Good luck!

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Great advice from our resident Katya/Birdie :)

An indispensable tool of the trade is Ejuice Me Up to make these calculations available at eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator and FREE!

I did a quick screen grab for you to illustrate: Cutting 100MG NIC with a PG carrier to 12MG @ 50/50 with two flavors in a 30ML batch.

ejuice-me-up-demo-1.jpg

I prefer to mix with the hard copy print out in my mixing station even though the data is stored on my computer.

Have Fun! Stay safe! Good luck!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread