First time vape kit user. How do you clean tank for new flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
There is still some degradation of performance, correct? I like the idea. 2 pack of uwell Valyrian coils are $10!

Yes there is still some degradation over time but this does extend their life.

Rip Tripper suggests longer times, but the same method. You can clearly see the results.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Often, once a coil is dead, it can be revived for a few days extra use by cleaning it. Everyone has their own method, some use ETOH, some use water (I soak mine for 12 hours starting with very hot water, then rinse, and revive. The performance is fine, they just won't last as long as new coils, but it's a cost savings for sure. It really depends on the coil how well cleaning it will work, though.

Degunking coils in between flavors is a good way to increase coil life too, I don't do it that much, mainly because I run similar flavor profiles in my various tanks and know what will go with what, pretty much, and it just seems like less work. There are some flavors you just can't mix though and if you try it, you may find some of those mixes (I don't worry too much about that, pouring out a tank of juice is hardly a huge sacrifice. It can be a great way to come up with new flavors, though, too.

Best of luck,

Anna

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sure, you can get a little more life out of the factory coils with washing, but IME, not enough to balance off the soak/rinse dry cycle which really ends up taking a day. I follow T0mmy177's method of just drying off the coil. As to washing the tank, I rely on hot water to rinse, dry by hand, and getting everything back to together again. 'm not going to worry even if there's a trace of water left on some surface in the tank as everything we use is water soluble so a trace that gets in can't really cause trouble.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I do not not rinse with water unless I am cleaning tanks.

I have several tanks.

If the flavor is similar I dump out whats left in the tank - gently wipe it with a lint free paper towel and put the new flavor in.

If it is a completely different flavor profile or if I am testing out a new juice and want to really see how it tastes , then I use a clean tank and new coil.

Most of my flavors are similar and mix well together so I do not have too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread