Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Lets get the 'ugly' out of the way - five pawns and diketones is covered elsewhere.

Test Rig(s): eVic VT w/ Lemo 2 and Ni coil, eVic w/ Delta II and prefab Ni coil

Temp(s): 470F - 550F

Consumed 20mL - 30mL at 3mg nic concentration each before writing this review ..

five pawns describes Gambit as Sweet and mellow ripe apple with savory pie crust and caramel. Topped off with French Vanilla ice cream and unsweetened whipped cream. Sweet and savory with a medium bodied throat hit.

And they describe SS as Sugared rhubarb and strawberries come together to be the shining stars in this complex and well balanced blend. Combining an oat grain and graham crumble with vanilla cream, this fruity yet savory blend is sure to satisfy both fruit and dessert lovers alike.

For this review I did my traditional lung inhale as well as intentional mouth held inhales.

Onward ..

Gambit is a BIG hitter for Five Pawns - I lost count how many people swore by this nicquid and I must (sadly) say it's been an abysmal failure for me. It has a medicinal slightly harsh caramel that overwhelms everything but the nose of it. Smelling great does little if the vape itself is candied caramel farts.

Steeping 10mL of Gambit for a week didn't help much - reduced some of the harshness but not enough to make it likable for me. I powered through almost a full 30mL of Gambit hoping some combination of wick and coil did the trick but nada.

Gambit's vapor product was OK enough but couldn't make up for the flavor profile.

SS, on the other hand, is a refreshingly new vape for me - and it certainly has a bit of rhubarb tang to it. It's notably smooth, pleasant on the noise, and no individual flavor is overpowering.

SS on lung inhale leaves a bakery smell on the nose and on exhale a pretty pleasant strawberry rhubarb. I'm not sure I get a ~sugared~ rhubarb out of it but I do get the tangy edge I expect from the pie counterpart.

SS on mouth inhale just tickled me with flavor - mild, not overpowering - good at a range of temperatures. Enjoyed by many people alongside who caught a whiff of it and wanted to borrow a pull.

The graham of SS requires its own paragraph because it - more than any other flavor profile - was SPOT ON. Nailed it. Five Pawns hit for the cycle on this graham and if you pay attention the graham hits your lips first and leaves your lungs last. Almost like the first bite and chewing of the actual pie. I commend them on this - however it's done, it worked really well.

Vanilla, to me, was negligible in SS though.

Vapor production for SS was moderate to heavy - more than I expected but less than Cloud Chasers would tolerate.

Verdict(s):

GAMBIT 1/10 (No redemption)

SYMMETRY SIX 8.5/10 (Slightly higher VG would do the trick)

Cheers, -Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread