Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So you support banning banning?

:lol: Yes.

Every post I have ever made on this subject just says that I want transparency so I can make an informed choice as to what I purchase.

I don't care what other people eat, drink, read, vape, smoke, etc. Never have.

(Because I live in a dry county, and also lived in CT when they were banning books in the public schools, and also listened to some of the "shock jocks" (like howard stern, who has probably done more for free speech by pushing that envelope) and comedians and musicians who use "language")......I may not agree with it or like it, but I will never be one of the "banners".

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
(Because I live in a dry county, and also lived in CT when they were banning books in the public schools, and also listened to some of the "shock jocks" (like howard stern, who has probably done more for free speech by pushing that envelope) and comedians and musicians who use "language")......I may not agree with it or like it, but I will never be one of the "banners".

Given your name I tend to believe you have a love for horse racing. It certain reminds me of my late Uncle who spent most of his life around race horses in the NY area. He love the bloodlines of horses and his favorite from all the stories he told me was Princequillo and his journey from war torn europe to the US. You have to wonder if he wasn't saved there would not have been Secretariat or Seattle Slew. I was at Belmont in 1975 and after watching the match race between Ruffian and Foolish pleasure I felt those type of races should be banned. My :2c: on horse racing. I did watch some outstanding races such as Onion beating Secretariat and a gelding named Forego. Good days...

Last edited:
Reactions: AlohaJay

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Question to Rob,

Your reply that many customers were given accurate information. Did those answers ever indicate th re quantities of DA and AP present in your liquids? I find it difficult to believe that this information never came to light prior the the C9 release if any consumers were aware of this data.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Reactions: a9g

a9g

Jul 8, 2015
California
Rob, first thank you for taking the time to answer our questions...I am interested in what you have in the works moving forward? From reading your blog 5p talks about a line coming out DA/AP free. Are you still going to offer the same flavors with this line? When can we expect this to be available?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Given your name I tend to believe you have a love for horse racing.

Well, I have often used what we have gone thru in horse racing to compare what is going on with vaping. I don't think vaping could possibly engender more controversy. :)

Princequillo! Wonderful sire line, and still much potent progeny coming thru him via AP Indy / Seattle Slew. I would have love to have a beer with your Uncle and talk about bloodlines. :)

Like anything else, there is always the possibility of abuse in any sport or industry. And, top athletes do get hurt. I've seen some real heartbreakers and no, I'm against match races too. But w/racing there is also the gambling aspect, which of course, many states do not like. I can gamble online, and my bank in AR will take withdrawals and deposits to my online betting platform. But there are a LOT of states that don't allow it. If you wanted to put $2 on American Pharoah to win the triple crown after a 37 year drought.......tough luck!!! Keep in mind horses like him get treated better than most human beings on the planet. Some of the breeders are horse people from thousands of years in their families, look at the breeding operations of his majesty the Aga Khan. He is decidedly an absolute horse lover, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who treats a horse better than he does. Marylou Whitney, Maggie Moss, Alain and Gerard Wertheimer, and of course, Secretariat's owner, Penny Chenery.

I've seen some pretty nasty stallion fights out on the plains if you want to see what wild horses do to each other when they are battling to be the "alpha male" etc. Nature itself is quite cruel.

There will never be another Secretariat. his is probably the most amazing race I've ever seen in my life, He beat Sham by 31 lengths. At that time, Sham was probably the other greatest horse of the century. I always felt sorry for Sham, had Secretariat not been born Sham would have reigned supreme:

This video brings you to your knees. it's almost unbelievable:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
They were accredit July 7, 2015. They tested FP on March 18, 2015. 4 months later they become accredited.

Your dates are spot on for the ANNUAL accreditation. I incorrectly assumed that everyone knows that ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation is not a static stamp of approval and is continually monitored to insure that a respective lab is still in compliance. From what my research has revealed they are very very thorough. Thus the accreditation is given for a very specific period of time and the date on the Schedule of Accreditation link I posted and you quoted is for the last accreditation. Sometimes a new 17025:2005 accredation is given every year and in other cases it's sometimes every 4 years. In each of these cases a NEW date will appear on the Schedule. My research indicates that West Yorkshire Analytical Services held the subject ISO accreditation during the dates of the C9 test results which they posted. Your certainly free to contact UKAS directly to satisfy any further questions you may have. Also, a great book excerpt for you to read on page 15 which talks about these issues. With your indulgence, I'm going to wait until I get the answers to both of my questions below before I comment further on each of the respective labs. I'm confident Rob will find the time to provide me with detailed and pointed answers to both of my questions. After this occurs and only after it occurs I will do my best to post further on this and other issues so the entire community may continue to share knowledge.

@Rob Fitz - Thank you for your participation and responses. With your indulgence, some follow up questions for you:

You previously said: "...Additionally, as we've stated in a previous post West Yorkshire Labs states at the bottom of their test results that they are not accredited with UKAS for testing these compounds."

Correct. Small print at the bottom noted Thank you. HOWEVER, they are also Accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005. Please review this proof.

QUESTIONS

1. Are you inferring and or stating that a lab which holds the highly regarded ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation is not qualified to perform tests for DA and or AP????

2. What is the accreditation for your prefered lab, Newport Scientific? I'm only asking because I am unable to find a source for any accreditation for your lab? Iv'e looked on the web and their own site. I could certainly be wrong, so third party accredation links would be most welcome.

As a point of reference with respect to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation, Enthalpy holds ISO/IEC 17025 accredation. A widely used Lab for DA/AP testing by VaporShark, Dr. F, and ECTA.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Last edited:

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
1. Are you inferring and or stating that a lab which holds the highly regarded ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation is not qualified to perform tests for DA and or AP????
I am sure they are a highly respected and credible lab and it was not our intention to say otherwise. We are not privy to the information as to what tests they have validated when they are performing test on these ingredients. That being said, we are just quoting what is said on their own lab reports, specifically in connection to testing these compounds. We do understand that validating a testing method for these components is very expensive, time consuming, and to our knowledge no one has validated their testing methods. However, we have spent the time and money to validate our testing method using GC/FID.

2. What is the accreditation for your prefered lab, Newport Scientific? I'm only asking because I am unable to find a source for any accreditation for your lab? Iv'e looked on the web and their own site. I could certainly be wrong, so third party accredation links would be most welcome.
Newport Scientific has worked in the pharmaceutical space for decades and has held FDA registrations. They aren't accredited but all of theirs SOPs operate under GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) defined in the Code of Federal Regulations. Its important to understand that if your tests aren't validated an accreditation doesn't insure an accurate result from the test. As we mentioned in previous posts we have validated our testing methodology with linearity, LOD, LOQ, and recovery.

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
man reading all this is makin my head spin!! did everyone do this much research when they started smoking?
i doubt it. i also like to be informed but holy smoly i think some people get carried away.did any one do this kind of research when they started vaping?? i think back in 2010 when i started i sure didnt and i dont think many others did.. now everyone is sooooooo going overboard imho.
thats just my 2cents worth. take it as it is lol
and i dont think the peeps that cloud chase..who can make the biggest cloud these days even thinks about any of this. or peeps vaping at high ohm or the 200 and 250 watt devices!

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
Well, I have often used what we have gone thru in horse racing to compare what is going on with vaping. I don't think vaping could possibly engender more controversy. :)

Princequillo! Wonderful sire line, and still much potent progeny coming thru him via AP Indy / Seattle Slew. I would have love to have a beer with your Uncle and talk about bloodlines. :)

Like anything else, there is always the possibility of abuse in any sport or industry. And, top athletes do get hurt. I've seen some real heartbreakers and no, I'm against match races too. But w/racing there is also the gambling aspect, which of course, many states do not like. I can gamble online, and my bank in AR will take withdrawals and deposits to my online betting platform. But there are a LOT of states that don't allow it. If you wanted to put $2 on American Pharoah to win the triple crown after a 37 year drought.......tough luck!!! Keep in mind horses like him get treated better than most human beings on the planet. Some of the breeders are horse people from thousands of years in their families, look at the breeding operations of his majesty the Aga Khan. He is decidedly an absolute horse lover, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who treats a horse better than he does. Marylou Whitney, Maggie Moss, Alain and Gerard Wertheimer, and of course, Secretariat's owner, Penny Chenery.

I've seen some pretty nasty stallion fights out on the plains if you want to see what wild horses do to each other when they are battling to be the "alpha male" etc. Nature itself is quite cruel.

There will never be another Secretariat. his is probably the most amazing race I've ever seen in my life, He beat Sham by 31 lengths. At that time, Sham was probably the other greatest horse of the century. I always felt sorry for Sham, had Secretariat not been born Sham would have reigned supreme:

This video brings you to your knees. it's almost unbelievable:

Amazing video... Actually gave me chills.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

Since I'm a old timer I can admit to being a Belmont and watched Secretariat win the triple crown and set the track record for 1.5 miles. I was in Saratoga that August and witnessed his only loss to a horse named Onion. I guess I can admit to spending a lot of time at race tracks.

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
Since I'm a old timer I can admit to being a Belmont and watched Secretariat win the triple crown and set the track record for 1.5 miles. I was in Saratoga that August and witnessed his only loss to a horse named Onion. I guess I can admit to spending a lot of time at race tracks.
Wow being their had to be a thrill. I watched American Pharaoh in an Mexican bar and had chill bumps all day. Pretty cool to watch history but to actually be at Belmont the day Secretariat won had to be epic.

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
Yep, brought tears to my eyes...I'd forgotten how thoroughly he overpowered the field. We watched it on TV out in SoCal (my dad was a horseman).

@Pinggolfer - you're so very lucky to have witnessed that race in person! He was such a magnificent animal.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I know it's nothing to do with 5P, but seeing that race in person must've been an amazing experience, Ping. I was a freshman in HS and rode (a little, and poorly); loved horses. I've never forgotten Secretariat's Triple Crown performance. Made me cry then, and brought tears to my eyes again, this morning.

Sorry for the :offtopic:. Carry on :)

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Rob or any 5P user, is it suggested to let 5P liquids steep for a period of time before using them?

I vape them as soon as they arrive. I know castle long reserve is steeped in a oak barrel before being bottled. I've never had a chemical taste from FP, other juices I had to steep at least a week or longer.

My vacation continues.

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
Hi ECF,

I want to thank everybody for taking the time to speak with us in this thread. We have learned a lot from this experience and hopefully you have as well, and we are looking forward to improving and evolving as a company for this great industry. Due to ECF rules we are only allowed to have 2 threads open. We would like to use this opportunity to inform you of some exciting things we have in the works moving forward so we will be starting a new thread soon. If you have any further questions regarding this topic please feel free to PM me. I hope you all have a safe and eventful weekend!

Regards,

Rob

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Hi ECF,

I want to thank everybody for taking the time to speak with us in this thread. We have learned a lot from this experience and hopefully you have as well, and we are looking forward to improving and evolving as a company for this great industry. Due to ECF rules we are only allowed to have 2 threads open. We would like to use this opportunity to inform you of some exciting things we have in the works moving forward so we will be starting a new thread soon. If you have any further questions regarding this topic please feel free to PM me. I hope you all have a safe and eventful weekend!

Regards,

Rob
Please post a link to your new thread!!!

Thanks, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread