flavor consistency problem during exale??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothy

Dec 25, 2016
Hi guys,
what I am experiencing currently is that during exhale after a deep inhale, i could taste a strong flavor during the beginning and middle of the exhale, but when approaching to the end, the flavor disappears and start to taste like steam or pure VG. my flavor base is usually high at around20-30%, some bottles go up to 40%. if the flavor base is under 30%, i will us PG to push the ratio up to 7030. if it is beyond 30%, i don't use PG at all.

What happend to my liquid?

THanks!

Rothy

Dec 25, 2016
Welcome @Rothy and I hope you enjoy your stay!

In my opinion I would try either lowering or raising the power level because I find many of my e-liquids require more or less for a better taste.
Thank SteveS45! I tried on several power levels, they all gave me the similar feedback. and also, when I vape the commercial e liquids, this phenomenon doesn't occur...

Ok here is my take on your question:

No matter what ejuice flavor you have, you will eventually experience what is known in the vaping world as "Vape Tongue". It basically means you can't taste certain flavors/notes of that ejuice because your brain vaped it too much.

Not the best example but if you lived next to a slaughterhouse (which smelled like crap for a few weeks) your brain will cease to notice the smell after a while. Kind of like your brain getting numbed out.

Here are 3 solutions:
1. drink something bitter like coffee to help wake up your palette and try again.
2. vape a super strong menthol flavor like Mt. Baker's Extreme ice to reset your taste bud
3. vape a completely different flavor for a day or 2 and get back to your old ejuice. It should get back to what you remember.

If that didn't help then the only explanation is your ejuice became expired/bad. Once you open your bottle of ejuice and it comes in contact with oxygen it usually gets expired about after 30-60 days. Sometimes, even if an ejuice isn't open if it's been made more than a year ago it will also expire.

Hope this helps!~

Reactions: Rothy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread