Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I will give this a try, and probably also the TFA version. WTH, maybe even FW. If I can justify an order of one flavor, I can always manage to justify more, because of shipping. :) I have to go through and remind myself which place has the cheapest Capellas. What is the name of the place that sells rebottled Caps as "Ella's"--anyone remember?

tfa sweeTart is more like Smarties candy to me. I may need some citrus or mt. dew in there to replicate the tang I want. I'll just have to mess around a bit. If I can do it, though, I'll be a super happy camper. The juice I want to make isn't anything particularly well known, but it's SO delicious.

Wizard Labs is pretty dern cheap with Capella. 8 mL for $1.49 (but it's OOS right now -- like so many things at many of our sites!).

Reactions: Kenna

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I will check out wizard labs - have yet to order from them. Hope shipping is nice and cheap. What is OOS?

Out of stock.

In my cart right now I have 6 bottles (vials) and the shipping is $2.68. I think it really depends on how large the order is.

Viper65

Jan 11, 2012
Afghanistan
So just got some more flavors in from Flavor west.
Peanut Butter and Bananna
Toffee Dream Cream
Bananna Nut Bread
Captain Crunch
Honey Nut Cheerios
Not a fan of the Captain I have to say, couldnt really get much flavor from it even at 18% 50/50. The Honey nut cheerios however was knocking my socks off at 15% so much so that i had to cut it with more VG. It was just overpowering at that percentage.
Ive also tried the Toffee Dream Cream and am a huge fan, typically around 12% is my sweet spot on that one.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Peanut Butter and Bananna
Toffee Dream Cream
Bananna Nut Bread
Captain Crunch
Honey Nut Cheerios
Not a fan of the Captain I have to say, couldnt really get much flavor from it even at 18% 50/50. The Honey nut cheerios however was knocking my socks off at 15% so much so that i had to cut it with more VG. It was just overpowering at that percentage.
Ive also tried the Toffee Dream Cream and am a huge fan, typically around 12% is my sweet spot on that one.

With FW 12% is a sweet spot for me as well. Not always, but often.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
My taste buds suck, but that's one I just picked up a big bottle of this time.
It's one of the flavors that's good solo ... My taste buds like it at 18%
I know FW recommends starting at 15%, but after trying that, I usually have to up the % on most of them a little.
In any case, it's a good one. :)

Skipbrady1

May 14, 2014
New jersey
So i have an interesting question for everyone. I have been told by a local owner of a shop who i believe has a lot of info about different companies. That Flavor West is actually a chinese company that manufactures there juice and ships it to california to be sold there. That they do not follow the guidlines of the FDA. Can anyone attest to that or know for sure if thats a true fact or not??

johnjensen

Jan 14, 2015
Seattle, WA
So i have an interesting question for everyone. I have been told by a local owner of a shop who i believe has a lot of info about different companies. That Flavor West is actually a chinese company that manufactures there juice and ships it to california to be sold there. That they do not follow the guidlines of the FDA. Can anyone attest to that or know for sure if thats a true fact or not??

Bump... I would really like to know if this has any credibility to it.

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
Does anyone have any ideas for FW Tres Leches? It came highly recommended, but the few mixes I've used it in (one at 5% with 12% Juicy Peach and one at 1% in a mix of similar overall flavoring percentage with Strawberry and Raspberry. Both times it adds a sort of funky, not entirely pleasant element. The first one--with the peach--I allowed it to steep for a month and tried it at different stages but that weird (is it chemical-ly?) taste never went away. Any suggestions or recipes much appreciated!

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques

Yup, me too. Wanna know.

Dale11

Nov 30, 2014
US

I've used them for some of my DIY juice. They've been around in the ecig market for a while and are pretty popular, I would think it would be all over the place way before now if that was true. If they where a company that just popped up in the last year or so then I would be a little more suspect it. And some of their flavors are pretty good which isn't the case with most China flavorings(although some aren't to bad). But you never know these days, I would ask the guy how he found out about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread