Status
Not open for further replies.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I received some pre-made coils from a recent give away by Heaven Gifts today. These are three GeekVape Eagle coils. As always, the shopping time was outstanding and everything was very securely packaged. The GeekVape coils are packaged in a pretty nice little cardboard sleeve with two coils per sleeve.
14720778249440.jpg

14720778353001.jpg

Both packages I received are the dual coil stainless steel 316L rated at .25 ohms. The coils themselves look pretty nice for the most part. The cotton seems to be nice and clean. One of my coils is a little crooked, but that's not that big of a deal. I would probably try to straighten it up before I used it, but that's just me. They look like they will be easy to rewick when the time comes. They also look like you could replace the coils if you choose to, so it will be interesting to see how the base and screws hold up to that.

14720778526092.jpg

14720778626543.jpg

I don't have an Eagle tank to test these out in yet. I didn't win that part of the give away, but hopefully I can convince my wife I need one soon. I thought about taking the coils out of one and trying them in my Griffin, but I decided that wouldn't be a fair review of them. I'd like to give a big thanks to @AlmightyEvan @Vera and Heaven Gifts for sending me these. I'll definitely be picking up an Eagle soon.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
But how do they vape?! A little disappointed you don't have the eagle tank yet to test them out. However they do look really nice, the spacing is pretty perfect for premade coils. They look like they would be great for temp control. I have an Eagle tank on the way hopefully they live up to the hype.
They are really nice looking coils. I wish I could see how they vape. I've never tried stainless steel. I'll probably pull a set out and throw them in my Griffin if they'll fit.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I went ahead and squeezed a set into my original Griffin. It was a tight fit and required a little tweaking, but I got them in there. The Cuboid shows them as being .24 ohms so pretty spot on with the .25 ohm claimed. I've been making my own claptons lately, so I wasn't expecting much from a dual spaced coil, but I'm pretty impressed with them. The flavor is pretty close to the simple claptons I was able to fit in my Griffin, and the vapor is just as good. These would definitely be nice to have in an Eagle for when I get lazy and don't want to build anything.

Thanks again @AlmightyEvan and Heaven Gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread