Status
Not open for further replies.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
First build: 29G Kanthal, 6 wraps, 2mm ID, 1.2 ohm. Great flavor, no leaks, just outstanding. 1.2 ohm is a little lower than i usually go with 29G. I think 1.4 ohm with 29G would will be my next build.

I don't have a WAE but this will do just fine for now.

Verrrrry niiiiice

The GEM looks fantastic on other mods with that 22mm beauty ring, that was a good move including the option. Some mods look better with the 21mm ring too, so no matter what, were covered!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Verrrrry niiiiice

The GEM looks fantastic on other mods with that 22mm beauty ring, that was a good move including the option. Some mods look better with the 21mm ring too, so no matter what, were covered!!!

I didn't take a picture but i used the 21mm ring and put it on my GG Esterigon, looks pretty good as well. If i could find someone to put a satin/media blasted finish on the extra Esterigon i have it would be a great match.

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
4635bbb7a16d9dce7225ece7ff980571.jpg

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
No tools were used, hopefully more build decks will be available in the future.

Edit: I need a hug
If you have enough strength to bend steel with your bare hands, I don't want a hug from you. You will crush me. :cry:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Kerbz, rather than trying to bend that back with pliers and risk making marks, I would gently use a small file and attempt to remove just the material protruding up.

If you remove the material, that will cause alignment problems. The pin and gap are there to ensure that the juice holes align with the wick channels. Rather than needle nose pliers, I'd use a vise to grab the edge of the build deck and apply firm pressure evenly across the steel outer band.

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
If you remove the material, that will cause alignment problems. The pin and gap are there to ensure that the juice holes align with the wick channels. Rather than needle nose pliers, I'd use a vise to grab the edge of the build deck and apply firm pressure evenly across the steel outer band.

Not sure if a vise grip will be able to grab that tiny lip :(

DoubleTap1

Jan 6, 2015
Seattle, WA.
N
No just filing the metal that is bent up. Easy fix. Not removing any other materal. Just need it to fit flush with the base. It's not a big deal. But if you grab anything with tools you will mark it for sure. Been there done that!

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
N

No just filing the metal that is bent up. Easy fix. Not removing any other materal. Just need it to fit flush with the base. It's not a big deal. But if you grab anything with tools you will mark it for sure. Been there done that!

Being that it is an interior piece that is bent i wont mind too much if it gets a little scratch, Im going to try needle nose pliers with a paper towel over it (to avoid scratching) if that doesn't work then I'll try pliers, worst case I'll file it down. I'll let you know how it comes out!

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not sure if a vise grip will be able to grab that tiny lip :(

The main thing to watch out for is that you don't create any leverage against the non-distorted portion of the lip, otherwise you can induce distortion in another part while reducing it in the problem spot.

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
Sooo., I had no idea there was a little o-ring on the afc, wondered why it was loose after putting it back together. It's definitely long gone after the wash earlier, FUUUU

Why couldn't Mark have included an extra one of those tiny o-rings!!! Now I gotta steal it off the second one and try to figure out how to source that little bitty thing *tear*

Dems,
Just take any 1mm thick oring and cut a small piece of it and put it in the hole.
U have to cut it short enough to do it's job!

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
@mark78 Can you sell extra build decks so that we can have extra builds ready to go? It would be great for the busy/lazy part of us.

That's an idea we had, probably will be done after the move.
Right now we are moving in another facility!

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Being that it is an interior piece that is bent i wont mind too much if it gets a little scratch, Im going to try needle nose pliers with a paper towel over it (to avoid scratching) if that doesn't work then I'll try pliers, worst case I'll file it down. I'll let you know how it comes out!
There's also the possibility of warping the whole
That's an idea we had, probably will be done after the move.
Right now we are moving in another facility!
Does this mean that you're moving up in the business and that we're going to see more and more innovations from you?

That's so exciting. Can't wait to see what you have next.

Reactions: mark78

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
There's also the possibility of warping the whole

Does this mean that you're moving up in the business and that we're going to see more and more innovations from you?

That's so exciting. Can't wait to see what you have next.

Pliers did the trick! Everything is in line and working beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread