Gluing my rda to my kbox mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutit39

May 4, 2016
Hello this is my first post here i am not new to vaping also i have used this site to research a few thing. What brought me to make an account today is that i have a question ive only found a few unclear anwsers to. My subbox mini has a cloud chasers rda on it but my problem is the pin was pushed down too much and i used to have to twist it to get it to .03 ohms and it would never stay the same now i got the pin up but unfortunatley the 510 threads are stripped so i can still get it on but with force also the ohms are starting to jump around due to unstable connections so my question is is it possible for me to completley rub out the threads using sand paper or something of that sort and put my rda on and glue it down? I am planning on being really careful and making sure no glue will end up in the connections. Thanks for any response this thread gets!

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm not familiar with it, only really read about it a couple of times. You have to basically dislodge the 510 base, which is soldered to 2 wires. Remove the old base, solder in the new one and epoxy back on. I would do some searches on "replacing 510 connection on mod" to get more familiar with it.

To avoid this issue in the future, try to use just 2 fingers to tighten the tank or rda onto the mod. If it won't go one, turn it in the opposite direction a bit and try again until it goes in smoothly. If it doesn't, take a qtip and clean the threads on the rda and mod with some iso alcohol and try again. If that is not something you are up to doing, do some online window shopping. There are many mods around that you can get for under $50 in just a few days, which you might be able to get soon (hopefully) if you can't now. Vapingcheap.com lists good deals on gear so it's a good place to check every now and then.

Reactions: Steven Pye

I need knowledge

May 7, 2016
USA
Hello this is my first post here i am not new to vaping also i have used this site to research a few thing. What brought me to make an account today is that i have a question ive only found a few unclear anwsers to. My subbox mini has a cloud chasers rda on it but my problem is the pin was pushed down too much and i used to have to twist it to get it to .03 ohms and it would never stay the same now i got the pin up but unfortunatley the 510 threads are stripped so i can still get it on but with force also the ohms are starting to jump around due to unstable connections so my question is is it possible for me to completley rub out the threads using sand paper or something of that sort and put my rda on and glue it down? I am planning on being really careful and making sure no glue will end up in the connections. Thanks for any response this thread gets!
you might search youtube for "how to"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread