good mods for stepping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
looking to purchase a new setup been vaping for almost a year not if not over a year and my mod is just going downhill imo. looking to buy the velocity clone but as far as mods go what is a decent in stock mod? was planning on buying the snowwolf 200w but all the stores are out of stock unless it's an ugly color scheme.

looking to chuck some clouds so one that can subohm preferably VW/VT not really much into mechs.

I currently am running a joytech evic vt 65w mod with a cloud chaser rda not sure on the model it's been a while.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
The IPV5 is around $40 and has the YIHI 330sx chip. I have had mine a few days now and I am loving it. I have the Tsunami RDA on it with the Velocity style build deck. you will have to buy a charger as well as a couple of married pairs of batteries. I like the LG H2 and have a Nitecore charger. I have an IPVLi3, the Xcube 2 165 watts as well as a Cuboid 200 watt, a Smok R200 and am waiting for my replacement Reuleaux RX200. Out of all of those the IPV5 is my favorite.

Reactions: MMW

Supersonic46

May 3, 2016
Hi @Baditude.

I too am buying a new box mod and am considering a cuboid. I had considered the rx200 but just bought a D2 charger. So a dual box mod is the road I want to go down.

I'll be using the crown .25 coils which can fire up to 120w but I doubt i'll ever be that high.

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this but I've read most of your blog enteries on batteries and I'm a little confused.

I found this...

To find the amp draw use I=P/V (-10%)

Eg.
50w divided by 4.2v equals 11.9 divided by 0.9 = 13.22 amps
50w divided by 3.2v equals 15.6 divided by 0.9 = 17.33 amps

With multi battery devices, simply calculate the amp draw then divide by the number of batteries.

...Going by those calculations even at 120w I worked out that the Samsung 25r batteries with 20A would be fine for my needs.

I then came across this...

Some mods are designed to use two 18650 batteries simultaneously. Series (batteries stacked end to end) will double the voltage output, but the capacity (mah) and amps will stay the same as using only one battery alone. Parallel (side by side) batteries will double the amp and mah capacity while the voltage output remains the same as using single battery.

As far as I'm aware the cuboid runs series even though the batteries are side by side. So does this mean the amperage isn't divided by 2 on the above workings out? Will 2 Samsung 25rs running in series not be safe?

I intend to have a paid of VTC4's in my rotation but wanted a different brand for the other 2 batteries in the rotation and was going to get the 25rs.

It's confused me quite a bit when I finally thought I had grasped a solid understanding of it. I intend to use married batteries, but again for the cuboid is it necessary to alternate the batteries between the left and right holders in the mod after each charge?

Again I apologise for hijacking you post Jacob. New here.

Last edited:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Have both cuboid and 2 RX200s. 1 RX200's 510 crapped out on me after installing a "longer" 510 connector atty. the cuboid's 510 crapped out on me the 2nd day, also installed a "longer" 510 atty.

The remaining RX200 performs great under power mode, TC mode not so much compared to other devices. You pay for what you get fits the bill for Joytech/Wismec. Also, personally not a fan of kanger products as well (toptank mini rba post screw stripped during 1st build). Just providing my personal experiences.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I have both the SnowWolf 200W and the Wismec RX200. I only ever use the RX200 and my SnowWolf has been relegated to emergency backup status.

My problem with the SnowWolf is that it's just not very accurate. I have to consistently set temperatures much higher on the SnowWolf than the RX200 to get the same performance from the same coil, especially on really low owm coils. A .15ohm coil on the SnowWolf will need a temperature setting 20-40F higher than the same coil on the RX200. Also the SnowWolf is only setup to run nickel coils. You can run titanium, but you'll have to adjust the temperature for the different wire so your temperature setting will be wildly inaccurate. For example, you will likely have to run a titanium wire down around 320F or even lower to keep from getting burnt hits.

The RX200 isn't perfect either, but it's cheap and with nickel and titanium coils it works extremely well. It does seem to have problems running 316L stainless steel coils though, with many users complaining that it reverts back to wattage mode rather than staying in TC mode using that wire type. Also, the 510 connector is pretty shallow and can be damaged if you screw in an atomizer with a long post too tightly. I use a 1mm thick neoprene washer on mine to avoid this problem and will eventually just replace the 510 connector with a better one.

So, between the two, the RX200 supports more wire types although it has some issues with 316/317L stainless steel wire, it has a more accurate temperature reading, and at $40 or so it's far cheaper than the SnowWolf. It also has upgradable firmware so it's performance and accuracy can be improved over time, it has 3 custom TCR settings so you can fine tune the mod to a specific build making it perform even better, and with 3 batteries it will last a lot longer on a single charge.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
My Cuboid and my brother's are still going strong, but we only use ours with the Cubis tank. Mine didn't run the TFV4 well at all. It looks like the RX200 and Cuboid are running the same shallow 510 connection. I only use mine for out and about. I have others at home that get a lot more use. My brother complains about the battery life on his Cuboid using Samsung 25Rs. My RX200 started overheating and bricked after almost a month of use. My IPV5 runs circles around the Cuboid and the RX200 with great battery life and can take whatever tank or RDA I put on it. For $40 I plan on getting another one.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I ended up buying the snow wolf. actually found one in stocktried it in person once and liked it. was going to buy the tesla 200w but found a few bad reviews on it/ there products in general might of been old reviews though.

also bought a velocity clone by tobeco always wanted the original just to try out I hear it was good/is good but it was never in stock when I wanted to get it. hopefully I bought from a reputable source

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I ended up buying the snow wolf. actually found one in stocktried it in person once and liked it. was going to buy the tesla 200w but found a few bad reviews on it/ there products in general might of been old reviews though.

also bought a velocity clone by tobeco always wanted the original just to try out I hear it was good/is good but it was never in stock when I wanted to get it. hopefully I bought from a reputable source

Well, if you want to buy last year's mods when clearly superior alternatives are both available and less expensive.. it's your money. Can't say I agree with that decision, though.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
Well, if you want to buy last year's mods when clearly superior alternatives are both available and less expensive.. it's your money. Can't say I agree with that decision, though.

yea I thought about that but in the end I'm not likely to switch for another year to begin with. I mean if I wanted to I could buy the newer mods and rda's and all that but meh.. it's like a car as long as it runs well to my standards I don't mind. I'm sure I will eventually pick up another mod possibly next week or maybe even today. just going to see how things run for now.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
yea I thought about that but in the end I'm not likely to switch for another year to begin with. I mean if I wanted to I could buy the newer mods and rda's and all that but meh.. it's like a car as long as it runs well to my standards I don't mind. I'm sure I will eventually pick up another mod possibly next week or maybe even today. just going to see how things run for now.
Snow Wolf are decent devices I am sure you will enjoy it. As for the Velocity clone, did you get the V1 or V2, I see the 2 has improved airflow, still both good devices. Enjoy your new toys and let us know how you like them:)

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
yea anything better then my evic vt sounded nice to me. sucks because I'm more of a look type of person lots of great mods but if they look ugly I typically don't look at them as something I want to purchase which is sad. I'm sure eventually I will get past it when more experienced. not sure on the velocity I think it's a v1 this is it

Velocity RDA by Tobeco

really doesn't say which version it is. if I like it I will probably get the v2 if not already a v2 I assume it's a v1. can't wait for it to come in bought some new juices too should be here by Thursday if not Friday at the latest

Reactions: gofishtx

ShishkaBerry

Apr 4, 2013
Truro, NS
I just got a Cuboid with an Aspire Cleito tank, I am in love! It's my first mod and tank, I feel like I've been wasting time and juice over the past 3 years! Nothing in a pen style can even compare. The Cleito is a great beginners tank, only a couple pieces and top fill. I've heard others say their stock coils last up to 6 weeks, and they have a RBA kit out now. 3.5ml juice capacity with a 5ml upgrade option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread