Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I'm a big fan of Heather's Heavenly Vapes juices, usually making an order for several 30 mL bottles every month or two. Last week I went make a reorder and noticed a new flavor listed, Gooey Butter Cake. It is described as "Yummy, rich vanilla and butter tones blend perfectly with the delicious cake notes to create a complex and enjoyable dessert vape."

That description is pretty spot on. It is very sweet but not cloying (like most of their other dessert-style vapes -- HHV seems to be quite good at doing this IMO). I ordered a 30 mL bottle with 12 mg/mL of nicotine, 100% VG, with extra flavor. The vanilla and cake flavors dominate, with a nice buttercream frosting flavor in the background. I can also taste just a tiny bit of a custard-like flavor too. All in all, a great dessert vape that has quickly been added to my relatively short list of juices I always have on hand. And since HHV juices tend to mature quite well, I'm excited to see how it improves over the next few weeks, that is, as long as I don't use it all up first!

I would highly recommend Gooey Butter Cake to anyone who enjoys sweet dessert-style vapes. Doubly so if you are a fan of vanilla custard juices, since it is almost like a buttery vanilla custard cake sort of concoction.

Note: Some of the flavorings used for this juice have PG as their base, meaning (very) small amounts of PG are present even if you order it with 100% VG, so people who are extremely sensitive to PG should avoid this particular juice. HHV does have other juices that can be ordered as truly 100% VG; these are referred to as their "Purity" line.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
One week later, and not much new to report. The flavor has smoothed out a bit (not that it was harsh in the first place though). Maybe it will improve with more time, maybe it won't, but it's still great as-is.

Something I did notice is that this is what I would label a "delicate" flavor. What I mean by this is not that the flavor is subtle or weak, but that it does not seem to work well with low-resistance builds. If I go below 0.5 ohms, the flavors seem to get "lost" -- I taste vanilla and not much else. With my usual build (single 0.8 ohm coil with 26 gauge Kanthal), all the complex cake and buttercream frosting flavors are there, and are quite lovely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread