Got my first mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Came from Beyondvape and was only 10.00 (blemsh) but I don't see a scratch or nothing on it. Looks perfect. Maybe the color is off but I wouldn't know because don't know what color it's suppose to be. Looks like a warm pink to me. Anyways tried it out and works great however not a fan of the "claw grip" button pressing so away it goes into the stash box. I only got it because of making sure I have items that are not circuit board dependent. Happy with my purchase and seriously for a decent mod with serial number and card (authentic) for 10.00 I'll take it. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Woot! I'd won a mech from Beyond vape last fall. It's BOOTIFUL! There's no locking mechanism, but the cap around the switch is tapered so it can be stood on a flat surface without firing.

It's solid copper and quite heavy to me, but it will be an excellent backup.

I've picked up some inexpensive Nemesis mods from a few different places. They are lighter in weight, and they have kick tubes so I can run 18650 with a kick.

I'd strongly recommend grabbing a kick or two. I'm OK running without, but I like the "extra protection" and power regulation.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I got the same Beyondvape mech mod as you (blem, 2 in black for $15 ea) and just got them in today. One has the logo upside down (the two black end parts were installed reversed) and the other looks fine. I also got in 2 copper (no logo) Nemesis mech mods (Hcigar clone) for the same price as your red Beacon ($10 ea), from Vaperoyalty. Now those interest me since they are so popular and there's a lot of information out there on them. Very nice looking and heavy. I'm considering getting a stainless steel version, but I love the copper. Just from a cursory examination and handling them, I prefer the Nemesis.

I have a question about the Kicks- are there QC concerns about those? I have read some reviews (on the Smok Tech vers. anyway) that point to that. I do plan on getting some though.

Reactions: Bonskibon

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I used kicks about 3 years ago,, fear considerations.
Pros, peace of mind.
Cons, it's now a regulated device. Not a very good one.
No instructions, which is up/down.
Try & remove one without wreaking it.
Space,, your 18650 tube now will only accomodate an 18500 batt. which doesn't have the high current discharge ratings.

Benefits are dubious at best.
Study, study study when taking up a Mech..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a question about the Kicks- are there QC concerns about those? I have read some reviews (on the Smok Tech vers. anyway) that point to that. I do plan on getting some though.
The Kicks from Evolv have a good reputation for quality control. I can't speak for the off brand versions like Smoktech's. Just remember they don't have reverse battery protection; if you put a battery in backwards you'll fry the circuit board. They are also rather fragile so you have to be extremely careful with them. To change the wattage output, the Kick has to be removed from the mod and a screwdriver is used to turn a screw.

A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
  • Covers the differences between a mechanical vs. regulated mod, essential safety accessories, optional safety accessories to add layers of safety to your mech, routine maintanance, use of proper batteries, proper ventilation, low resistance vaping, and faux hybrid mods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread