Greeting ECF...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4s73r

May 21, 2015
Ok so I had an account here at one time. i dont know if its gone or i just cant remember the email i used. Ah well, well start over. Im going to break this up into 5 posts.
I guess by now you could say Im an "advanced vapor"... However im not much of an activist (mainly due to not much happening in MO) and I am not a hobby vapor. I've been vaping since Mar 21, 2013. That was also the day I quit smoking.
I went to my local smoke shop, and was about to buy a carton of smokes when I saw the "FOOS ECig Kit" for about the same price. I went out side, smoked my last cig, and bought my first vape. It was a 650 mah ego batt with a Clearomizer. And it was AMAZING...for about a week. Then i got online and started watching Grim and Pbusardo. After about 2 weeks with the ego, I wanted better.

Enter the Sigeli Zmax. The first one with the OLED screen. With a Iclear 30 DC, I thought i was in heaven. However the constant 3-4 days time on the wicks sucked. Bought a protank. Didnt like the how cool the vape was from the Bottom coil. Then the Zmax botton started not working or misfiring and I got a Vamo. But I vaped until Sept 2014 on that. I used a Bloog with a rechargable case and little 808 Kanger Clearomizers. Those things lasted 3 days for me. Then i got layed off, little budget, and everyone smoked. Then so did I. Then in Dec I found another job and my first paycheck caught up a couple of things and I wanted to go back to vaping.

... to be continued.

After all the crap with the Iclears and the mod buttons, I wanted something simple, hands free, automatic.
Enter the Vapor Zues. I still have it, and about 9 smilomizers. It was good. I enjoyed it. But i still wasn't happy with it. So the month of January I went back to the internet, and started doing the research. After about 3 weeks of reading/watching I decided I wanted do be able to build my own coils. Its way more cost effective then buying the heads all the time. But I would need Equipment. And I wasent buying cheap this time.

Enter the Vaporshark rDNA 40 with wireless charging base. (my current vape) As a mod I really like it. Wish the button hadnt gotten scraped up so easily. I also knew after all my research that the idea of dripping with no dry hits sold me. I bought 2 spools of Ni200 30 and 28g, cotton bacon, and a Mutation X V3. Built my first coil and vaped on that for 10 days. I found I liked dripping more then clearos or cartos. However it was a pain in the ... to drip and drive.

So i bought a Billow. Whoever came up with the bright idea to have to have a screwdriver to refill it was an idiot. And it Leaks. And it whistles. So back to looking. After the money i spent on the billow, i wanted to try out a couple of things. So fasttech. Ordered 3 things, Madhatter RDA, Big Dripper, and Kayfun V4 clone.

Madhatter - Love the grub screws, flip top lid, and triple bottom Orings. Hate bottom air flow, only duel coil, and found out im not a fan of copper center posts. I can taste the copper. also only DC.
Big Dripper - Liked the idea, sadly the plastic tank broke on my second refill. This version was only for DC.
Kayfun - Interesting design, to tight of a draw for me even with the 4s upgrade center. And i couldnt get a solid reading with Ni200. (stepdad loves it however)

I Have a Lemo V2 on the way now. I am currently looking for a new RDA. I really like the Mutation X v3. However all the paint is peeling, its not the easiest to build nickle coils on, and the top mouth piece is a little loose. My dream rda would be a 2 post with Top airflow, and grub screws. I am also considering a SX Mini J. But waiting on that atm. Hoping that a 2 battery 60 watt temp mod comes out. Or the Joye Tech VT could be interesting.

Depending on how the Lemo does will depend on my next tank purchase. Will proly wait and get a White Subtank Mini. Did you see that? looks Amazing. IF that doesnt work out, then proly the Big Dripper V2 from VaporDNA. The clone i had was great till the tank broke.

Ejuice. For 2 years, i only bought ejuice from ECBlends. Love that company. Always fast shipping, good prices, and a discount every time i purchased. Flavors are hit and miss. I found 3 i really like and stuck with them.
Vanilla Gorilla - Toasted Marshmallow Vanilla
Apple Pie - self explanatory
Dragons Milk - Horchata or Mexican Rice Milk.

Then last month I ordered a subscription from Craft Vapory. I was ready to find something new. Going from Ecblends to "premium" eliquids I saw a big difference. I got my second box and dropped my subscription from the 8 bottle to the 3 bottle. Out of 2 boxes of 8 I found some new flavors, and feel better about trying some other flavors out.
Having never bought a 30 mil bottle of "premium" I was nervous. 50 bucks is a lot for 2 bottles of juice. But Five Pawns didnt let me down. Gambit and Absolute Pin are amazing. Also a big fan of Plush from Classified, Black and Blue from Traditional, Hedon's Bite from NJoy Artist Collection and Pencil from Must Vape.

Anyway now that the autobiograpy is over. I have a couple of things to share in my next post.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4s73r

May 21, 2015
I have seen a lot of people struggle with nickle. So I have 2 pro tips to share on nickle.
1. Dont buy annealed. Buy Tempered. Make your life SOOOO much easier. Lightning Vapes Sells it Tempered Ni200 Pure Nickel Wire | Lightning Vapes Been on the same coil now for 3 weeks. Just changing out cotton and rinsing the coil off.

2. I have found that the temp you set your device too will change flavors. For Instance Absolute Pin. I vape on a 28g .13 ohm 3mm ID coil. With the temp under 450 Degrees its all absinth. Maybe a little of the Irish cream. But so hard to taste with all the absinth. However, turn that up to 490 - 530 degrees and the absinth is a subtle aftertaste with the Cinnamon and Irish Cream coming to the front. And its AMAZING. I wish that instead of wattage being adjustable on the fly, my temp was. Takes forever clicking 5 times, holding, then changing, then 5 click to taste. Rince and repeat. Fail. At least IMHO.

I have only been doing spaced single coils. Ive tried a couple of DC builds with out much luck. Normally one side heats up faster or it is a huge battery suck.
Ok im done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread