Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just ordered a smok micro 1 kit which is a 80w box mod and comes with the tfv4 tank, heard good things about it but there is a tfv8 tank which I've heard great things about so i was planning on buying that tank to replace the tank what comes with my kit but I've just found out that the tfv8 tank needs a higher wattage than my 80w box mod
Does more wattage mean more flavour & vapour or not? Just if it does then I'm going to upgrade to one of their 220wattage box mods & get the tank I was after. Thanks
Welcome and glad you joined.
In General
Lower Ohm Coils/Higher Wattage Vaping Will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Just recently purchased some smok TF-T3 coils & they're massive, it said online these fit the TFV4 tank & I just can't see how they would, any knowledge in this?

According to my records (yes, I keep a spreadsheet on everything I've used or tried), I used the TF-T3 coils in the TFV4. But that was back when I first got those tanks. I now use mostly the TF-Q4 or TF-CLP2, but don't remember what it was about the T3's that caused me to move on. Although I liked them, I wanted to try different coils and settled in with the two I mentioned. Guess you could say they're all good......some are just better then others depending on personal preference.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Yeah I got the smok R80 micro one kit but I have the normal tfv4 tank, not the mini, personally I think these coils I have purchased are for the tfv8 tank

I have a TFV4. two TFV4 mini's, and the TFV8 and the same coils fit in all of them. If you are sure you have the full TFV4, that leaves the coils as the culprit. Do they look like the same size as the other TFV4 coils? Where did you get the coils? I guess it could be a case of mis-packaging, but I don't have any tanks that take a bigger coil then the TFV's. Or post a picture of the coil?

I am running out of guesses.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
How do i upload a picture & I will put the coils what fit the big coils & my tank in the picture so you can see what I mean. Thanks for replying

To upload a picture, I take the pic, save to my computer, then when you make a comment click on the "upload file" button, browse for your pic, and it should load. Don't tale a pic at too high of resolution.

I would ask again where you are getting your gear, particularly the coils that do not fit. If from a B&M, they should be able to help you out.

(EDITED - I moved her to her own thread :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have a TFV4. two TFV4 mini's, and the TFV8 and the same coils fit in all of them.

I can't go back and edit this post and correct my error. The TFV4 and TFV4 mini take the same coils. The TFV8 has its own coils. They do not interchange! Sorry if I mislead anybody.

@Benjii -- If you have any updates, that may be useful to others who find this thread. Did you get things figured out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread