guessing game: which 2.5 will be the last to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Nightrain 2016 vintage is still a ripple that a distinguished pallet can only appreciate whilst lying in a gutter with a bit O' drool hanging from ones lip. [emoji485]

Sent on my authentic Communicator by Tapatalk [emoji92]
I friggin love this site. Posted this before, but the wine reviews make me LMAO....

BumWine.com

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Nightrain 2016 vintage is still a ripple that a distinguished pallet can only appreciate whilst lying in a gutter with a bit O' drool hanging from ones lip. [emoji485]

Sent on my authentic Communicator by Tapatalk [emoji92]
The elusive Sandford & Son Ripple is what I want. More than a '61 Petrus.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Firstly, I've quickly become a Provari Fanboy.

But I'm not a wealthy man so I don't and won't ever own a mega collection of vape gear.

First mod after a brief foray into evods, which helped me quit the stinkies in a week, was a kanger top box mini starter kit.
Very closely followed by a Provari Procyon, and recently a Provari Radius. (topped with Kabuki and Kayfun 5 tanks)

My crappy kanger Kbox has broken twice in less than 4 months and is now a door stop, and as such I won't waste any more money on cheap crap.
Lesson learnt.

I've been quietly following this thread and have noticed I can buy a Provari 2.5 with 18650 extension, P3 top cap, and 18490 battery for $60.95 US plus shipping to AUS for $51 making a grand total of $147 AUS at current exchange rates

That's damn cheap down here in Australia for a Provape tube mod!

My Kanger top tank is black with red O rings, and has been a pretty good tank..apart from the occasional leak when I don't get my wicking quite right. user error.

The 2.5 I'm looking at is the hybrid black and red which will obviously look pretty good with a black tank/red O ring combination
A42A2E89-EBE7-4572-B2CD-36E8CBB2979C_zpsh3nvwj9b.jpeg

5D7EA632-D798-44DC-BB68-42A14F1DD89C_zpspacoyqw0.jpg

So, now my empty wallet has started doing backflips in my pocket again at the prospect of spending even more money on vaping gear.

Yes I understand theres no where near as much wattage available with the 2.5 as I have with my Procyon and Radius, but I'm savvy enough to wind coils of any ohms I choose, and understand at least the basics of ohms law.
And I'm absolutely NOT a cloud chaser.
Tootle puffer Yes.
Flavour is everything.

...should I....shouldn't I...should I...shouldn't I.... *hand wringing..rocking back and forth*

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Firstly, I've quickly become a Provari Fanboy.

But I'm not a wealthy man so I don't and won't ever own a mega collection of vape gear.

First mod after a brief foray into evods, which helped me quit the stickies in a week, was a kanger top box mini starter kit.
Very closely followed by a Provari Procyon, and recently a Provari Radius. (topped with Kabuki and Kayfun 5 tanks)

My crappy kanger Kbox has broken twice in less than 4 months and is now a door stop, and as such I won't waste any more money on cheap crap.
Lesson learnt.

I've been quietly following this thread and have noticed I can buy a Provari 2.5 with 18650 extension, P3 top cap, and 18490 battery for $60.95 US plus shipping to AUS for $51 making a grand total of $147 AUS at current exchange rates

That's damn cheap down here in Australia for a Provape tube mod!

My Kanger top tank is black with red O rings, and has been a pretty good tank..apart from the occasional leak when I don't get my wicking quite right. user error.

The 2.5 I'm looking at is the hybrid black and red which will obviously look pretty good with a black tank/red O ring combination
A42A2E89-EBE7-4572-B2CD-36E8CBB2979C_zpsh3nvwj9b.jpeg

5D7EA632-D798-44DC-BB68-42A14F1DD89C_zpspacoyqw0.jpg

So, now my empty wallet has started doing backflips in my pocket again at the prospect of spending even more money on vaping gear.

Yes I understand theres no where near as much wattage available with the 2.5 as I have with my Procyon and Radius, but I'm savvy enough to wind coils of any ohms I choose, and understand at least the basics of ohms law.
And I'm absolutely NOT a cloud chaser.
Tootle puffer Yes.
Flavour is everything.

...should I....shouldn't I...should I...shouldn't I.... *hand wringing..rocking back and forth*
Current pricing is probably about as good as it will ever be. For unfortunate reasons though. :(

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
You have to watch the minimum resistance requirements with the ProVaris. I don't think these go much below 1 ohm, if at all, these days.

Someone who knows exactly how low you can go will be along, I'm sure, but I think it's around .9-1.0 ohm and there is voltage limitation involved, but if you can live with 1.5ohm or so, and 14ish Watts, then you're golden.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
You have to watch the minimum resistance requirements with the ProVaris. I don't think these go much below 1 ohm, if at all, these days.

Someone who knows exactly how low you can go will be along, I'm sure, but I think it's around .9-1.0 ohm and there is voltage limitation involved, but if you can live with 1.5ohm or so, and 14ish Watts, then you're golden.
You pretty much nailed it, they will fire down to around 1 Ω, but only at minimum voltage settings, so no flexibility there. At 1.3Ω and up, you get more flexibility in your voltage settings.

The Classic IMO has a slight advantage over the 2.5 in the under 1.5Ω range because they gave that a 4.5 amp limit, vs. the 3.5 amp limit of the 2.5. @iBloke may want to take a look at the Classic red/black as an option, because it already has the P3 connector that he will be paying an upcharge for on his 2.5, plus the classic has more versatility in battery usage, being that it accepts flat tops. Just throwing this out there as food for thought. The Classic also requires far less button presses to navigate the menu and check all can be done with two presses, verses around thirty presses on the 2.5, just saying....

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda

Yep, all that is absolutely clear to me. I don't need sub ohm. Or clouds. And I know how to wind coils to suit.
The kanger tank RBA mini is a great little deck to build pretty much whatever ya want on so no problems there.

But with only two fully functional mods, and three available tanks I've been considering a third mod.
At the ridiculously low price, comparatively speaking in AUS $, I can get a 2.5 delivered I'm seriously considering it....but just need a gentle shove to hit the purchase button maybe lol

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Oh, it's a great mod at a great price, no doubt.

Just wanted to make sure you had all the info, because people read the minimum ohm requirements, and think they are going to get the full 15W, and they're not.

The Classic is the way to go, as Duane pointed out, imo, but you can't beat the 2.5 for bang for buck these days.

I really hope sales on the Classic pick up so they don't discontinue them.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
You pretty much nailed it, they will fire down to around 1 Ω, but only at minimum voltage settings, so no flexibility there. At 1.3Ω and up, you get more flexibility in your voltage settings.

The Classic IMO has a slight advantage over the 2.5 in the under 1.5Ω range because they gave that a 4.5 amp limit, vs. the 3.5 amp limit of the 2.5. @iBloke may want to take a look at the Classic red/black as an option, because it already has the P3 connector that he will be paying an upcharge for on his 2.5, plus the classic has more versatility in battery usage, being that it accepts flat tops. Just throwing this out there as food for thought. The Classic also requires far less button presses to navigate the menu and check all can be done with two presses, verses around thirty presses on the 2.5, just saying....
G'day matey. You posted this just before I posted mine :)

Yes I agree after I looked at the specs, and theres not much difference in price.
I'd be buying an 18490 batt anyway just for the shorter/smaller footprint.
But being able to use my flat top 18650's as well would be a bonus.

Re menu system. I'm not concerned at all about that. I dig Provapes menu implementation considering single button access.
It only takes me a few minutes of reading the manual and hands on to learn the menu on these devices so no problems at all, and once dialled in there's really not much in the way of regular adjustments anyway (?)

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Actually the only problem I have just thought of is the shipping from the USA to AUS with an included battery.
Being lithium ion it won't be air freight anymore. So it will prolly be by boat which will take weeks...and maybe weeks.
Just as well I'm a patient bloke LOL :)

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
One Provari Classic red/black + extension + 18490 batt has been purchased and will be on it's long journey from the Great USA to The Land Down Under within the next few days!

At current exchange rates the total cost for everything including shipping ($50 US) is just shy of $150 AUS, which is an absolute bargain for us Aussies.
So as long as nothin' goes wrong in the whole process I'm a happy chappy.

Thanks ALL for your advise. You Blokes Rock! :)

Last edited:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
it can't be much more to ship two
G'day Arnold.
Yep I would doubt it would cost much more, if any, to ship two.
But not being a wealthy man I'm stretching it to buy one..and really, one is all I need to complete my requirements.

3 Provari mods.
3 tanks.
and a handful of assorted evod clearos/batts has got me more than covered for my foreseeable vaping future. Tootle puffer I am.

Plus I've been offered some great deals on interesting second hand equipment (tanks and atomisers) from "locals" here in Australia via PM if I'm ever cashed up enough to take 'em up on their generous offers.

But right now my credit card is toast. Charcoal would be a better description LOL :D

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
G'day Arnold.
Yep I would doubt it would cost much more, if any, to ship two.
But not being a wealthy man I'm stretching it to buy one..and really, one is all I need to complete my requirements.

3 Provari mods.
3 tanks.
and a handful of assorted evod clearos/batts has got me more than covered for my foreseeable vaping future. Tootle puffer I am.

Plus I've been offered some great deals on interesting second hand equipment (tanks and atomisers) from "locals" here in Australia via PM if I'm ever cashed up enough to take 'em up on their generous offers.

But right now my credit card is toast. Charcoal would be a better description LOL :D
Congrats on grabbing the Classic iBloke! You won't regret it, that is a steal of a deal for a great mod. It should serve you quite well. :thumb::toast::vapor:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Congrats on grabbing the Classic iBloke! You won't regret it, that is a steal of a deal for a great mod. It should serve you quite well. :thumb::toast::vapor:
Thanks mate. And on top of the deal I got a 10% discount as it was my first purchase directly from ProVape.
Every little saving helps eh! :thumbs:

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Stunned, I am!

Just recieved an email from ProVape saying my order has shipped.

Geez I wish the Aussie vendors I buy from were that quick. Usually takes 'em a day or 2 before they ship my stuff.

Seems like only a few hours ago I woz arxing kwexshunz about the 2.5 and now I've got a classic winging my way.
Awesome! :rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread