Hard draw on some E2 R3 cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
One of 5 E2 R3 cartomizers in my blister pack has a really hard draw, while the others are all quite nice. Actually, they're brilliant.

This particular one has a bad thread near the end, so I can't screw it in all the way or it tells my battery it needs recharging. Does this have something to do with it?

Is there a fix? It draws just fine when it's not attached to the batt, but as soon as I thread it, no air flow :(

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
I have had a few doing this, especially the ones that have damaged threads. Check the draw holes at the top of the threads, if they are plugged then that is what is causing the hard draw. I get the damaged ones to work by reshaping the threads and then I use a small dremel etching tool to open the draw holes up.

All the best,
wing.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Thanks for the experience and advice :) I pushed the end of a wine key into the draw holes and it pushed the center post up a bit to clear them. But when I screwed it on the batt, it was just as clogged up - so methinks something was screwy inside that one. It's all good though, that's just 1 out of the 8 I've opened up. Happy vaping!

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
By the way I'm using the KR808D1 carto's so perhaps its an issue with the 510 threads (if you are using 510's).

Probably, they are 510 (regulars) and the carto in question has a bum thread or two at the end, nearest the carto body (and the air holes). It's OK, I'm just selfishly sore that I only have 10 left from the 15 I bought - gave 3 away to recent converts, pulled out the wick on one by accident doing the mod, and the one this thread was about.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Just loaded up a C-E2 XL 510, (Prod 08/16/2010), connected to my ProVape, (3.7v). I don't detect any burnt taste, as yet anyway. Only been pullin on it for 5 minutes though. I take two, three hits then let ur sit for 2, 3 minutes or so. At my rate the wick seems to keep up, at least with a fresh loaded carto anyway. I'll know more in a few hours. First impression is it has a bit of a "tight draw" outta the gate.

EDIT:

Switched it over to my eGo 900 mAH, (3.1v), batt. Flavor's 'bout the same. . .draw is considerably freer.

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread