Hate when things become obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.

staceybritt13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ugh! I so enjoy my eleaf I stick mini and the paired eleaf Gs16s tank for the device. This is my all day go to, however I'm starting to have a hard time finding the coils for this tank. It takes the bdc coils. I even went to the eleaf website but they were out of stock and marked drastically low in the price... does this mean they are going to stop making them? What other tank could I use for my istick mini?

Reactions: Letitia

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
What other tank could I use for my istick mini?
Literally anything with a 510 connection (which is almost all of them) will "fit"; anything larger than 22mm in diameter might look a little funny hanging off the edge, and the iStick Mini can't fire coils any lower than 1.0 ohms (or higher than 3.0, but that's not likely to be an issue). Perhaps a Nautilus Mini, by Aspire, is in your future? They're "old tech" at this point, too, but still pretty popular and I believe their coils are interchangeable with several other available brands as well (don't know which ones offhand though, sorry.)

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
In my long life I have learned that "new and improved" usually isn't. I love the istick mini for bedside because I'm an old guy and get up a few times at night to wander around the house. It doubles as a little flashlight.

On mine I use small ego one v2 tanks with 1.0 ohm clr coils (of course those tanks are getting scarce as well). A Nautilus 2 can work as well. Heck, I even use old evod tanks with an ego adapter.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
freakin provaris

and kayfuns, too.

I know ...

What's up with this old technology :evil:

biggrin.gif

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@staceybritt13 - I'd recommend Rocky Mountain Vapor and/or Desert Vapes, too, that were linked to above. It's hard to beat RMV's 30% off code sitewide and his free S/H with $14 and up total purchase. Desert Vapes is a great site IMO, too, and Tish (the owner) is very helpful in the event you need help sourcing things. She also gave me an on-going 10% off coupon code to pass along to friends. If you'll PM me, I'll give it to you.

As far as other tanks for your little iStick Mini 10W mod - I like to use the little Aspire K1 tank (takes the Aspire BVC coil), as well as the Protank Mini 2 and Protank Mini 3 tanks...(they take KangerTech really inexpensive and still readily available coils). Those are all eGo threaded tanks, but an inexpensive 510/eGo adapter works with all of them on a 510 threaded mod like the Mini 10W.

BTW - If I were you, I'd avoid DHGate like the plague! It took me 2+ months to finally get $300+ back...for 13 hard to find tanks that a DHGate seller never had, and could not get...yet they'd listed 500 in stock and available, when I'd bought and paid for them! It required 2 long unsuccessful Chat Sessions with their customer service reps, numerous messages back/forth with the "seller", and finally reporting them to my Credit Card company (required my sending 28 pages of documentation - copy of the listing on DHGate, their Customer Guarantee policies, pages of saved Chat Sessions, all the saved messages with seller, etc.)...to finally get my money refunded to me!

Last edited:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
DHGate... Ah yes, i remember it well.
At one time the only Chinese site available to bargain hunters of the vaping variety (in Europe at least).
People who don't like FT and Gearbest have no idea what it used to be like.....
I find Health Cabin a useful site for cheap obsolete vaping gear. As long as you're prepared to spend an hour scrolling through all the listings....

staceybritt13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Literally anything with a 510 connection (which is almost all of them) will "fit"; anything larger than 22mm in diameter might look a little funny hanging off the edge, and the iStick Mini can't fire coils any lower than 1.0 ohms (or higher than 3.0, but that's not likely to be an issue). Perhaps a Nautilus Mini, by Aspire, is in your future? They're "old tech" at this point, too, but still pretty popular and I believe their coils are interchangeable with several other available brands as well (don't know which ones offhand though, sorry.)
Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread