Have you mixed pre-made juice successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
That's something I do every day, in fact it's my preferred method of vaping. I get flavor bored otherwise. It's easy using a RDA, a little of this and a little of that. Using a RTA about the same really, mix right in the tank. Start with a flavor, try that for awhile, add something else to it. Kinda why I prefer smaller tanks though it can be done with any size. Mind, I do stick with certain flavor profiles, start with a tobacco flavored or NET, later add a little vanilla custard or cherry that or hazelnut something or bavarian creme or ........ Nets, vanilla, cheery, bavarian, tree nut flavors.....yeah, kinda like that.

I was a pipe smoker for many years and did the same with pipe tobacco, mix my own hybrids, sometimes layer different tobaccos in the same bowl, it was nice burning down through the different flavor layers sometimes producing incredible tastes. I'm an ardent flavor chaser and there are no rules for flavor or doing it in one's own style.

Last edited:

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Today I put some cotton candy in with some twisted melon and it's delicious! I'm wondering if you've also added juices together and came up with something delicious?

Not anymore as I DIY my juice. But I did quite often w/ pre-mixed juice early on. Pretty good results, mostly... :D

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Yea before going DIY I mixed juice all the time. I would mix peach, and strawberry lemonade, or berries with orange or citrus etc. Fruit punch and citrus is awesome. Now I got over 50 different concentrate flavors, and i'm just going wild lol. I can mix anything I want for a couple bucks per 100ML. Will never buy pre-made juice again unless i'm trying to clone it.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Yes, one reason I went DIY is I've been mixing since the beginning. I mix DIY juices together also, actually I have more simple flavor mixes of them to try, although if it's good enough it lives on mixed without the intermediate stage. Mix to RBA, tank, or a little "day bottle" (10 ml glass makes it easiest).

One effect when mixing juices I call "mutual dilution", each flavor does get weaker (mathematically -- the impression may differ) especially when the mix is closer to 50/50, not just a few drops added in to something else, and since you don't have the flavor you can't add any. Was more an issue when I had weak sense of taste, now I may end up adding some unflavored to dilute it further.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I combine pre-mixed DIY juice/recipes all the time. I do it with recipe testers and big batches alike. Mixing the testers often gives me ideas for new recipes/combination of flavors. I have 4 x 100+ ml frankentesters steeping right now.

Most recently I did it with 2 big batches (~200ml each) of RF SC: Baklava and Pumpkin Pie because I was not enjoying the Baklava alone and the smell of the vapor was not pleasant for my room mates. The mix still didn't subdue the flavor/smell of the Baklava enough so I dumped in a bunch of RF VG Banana Bread Concentrate and another 30 or 40 ML of a mixed Samoa Cookie recipe (that was sorta bland on it's own) and tossed it to the back of the steeping cabinet for later. Hopefully the result is more pleasant this time as the resulting 500ml bottle is about a month's worth of juice if I vaped nothing else.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    My ADV for a long time has been a mixture of pre-made juice, here is one variation. :D

upload_2017-1-8_10-13-26.png

tazzle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    Yes, yes, all the time! Like, opholik I think Frenilla is great for mixing with others for more vanilla whizbang (what will we do without Frenilla :(?!), and I love Halo Belgian Cocoa for a flavor shot of instant deep, dark velvet chocolatey decadence. But aside from those two stalwarts, I just generally mix many different things up in the tank all the time. I have my fave diy custard for adding to pretty much anything as the spirit moves me, and I have many pre-mades that I won't order again that I never use without mixing with something else, because they aren't that great on their own. (I have one melon based retail liquid that is SO SO STRONG it's impossible for me to vape normally, and I occasionally use it like a super concentrated flavor. At this rate, it will take me about 50 years to use it up, which means continuing to vape well after I'm deceased. Wish me luck!)

But yes! If I had the room to store them all, I would have every single one of my concentrates as a single flavor mix, steeped and ready to add to other liquids this way. As it is, though, I'm already nightmarishly overrun with teeny bottles. My vaping addiction requires a "steep" upgrade in housing square footage. What is that we've all been saying about saving money??? :eek:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Yes, yes, all the time! Like, opholik I think Frenilla is great for mixing with others for more vanilla whizbang (what will we do without Frenilla :(?!), and I love Halo Belgian Cocoa for a flavor shot of instant deep, dark velvet chocolatey decadence. But aside from those two stalwarts, I just generally mix many different things up in the tank all the time. I have my fave diy custard for adding to pretty much anything as the spirit moves me, and I have many pre-mades that I won't order again that I never use without mixing with something else, because they aren't that great on their own. (I have one melon based retail liquid that is SO SO STRONG it's impossible for me to vape normally, and I occasionally use it like a super concentrated flavor. At this rate, it will take me about 50 years to use it up, which means continuing to vape well after I'm deceased. Wish me luck!)

But yes! If I had the room to store them all, I would have every single one of my concentrates as a single flavor mix, steeped and ready to add to other liquids this way. As it is, though, I'm already nightmarishly overrun with teeny bottles. My vaping addiction requires a "steep" upgrade in housing square footage. What is that we've all been saying about saving money??? :eek:

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like my halo sub zero is a candidate, that stuff is SUPER strong!

Reactions: Darth Omerta

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    When I started this vaping venture, I was combining two pre-mixes, Turkish Bold and Mojito. I haven't used that combo in a while, but I do remember it was quite tasty. It just dawned on me after I used that word, 'tasty', that's where I got those two juices from, tastypuff.com!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I am wondering where you get your frenilla?

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    Testing on an RDA I will often put one juice on one coil and another juice on the opposite coil. You can come up with some interesting stuff that way.

I do this every day! Every now and then I find a combo that works so well I turn it in to some sort of recipe! :thumbs:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I do this every day! Every now and then I find a combo that works so well I turn it in to some sort of recipe! :thumbs:
    I did this the other day when I had 2 tester bottles with ~10ml remaining in each and combined them to free up a testing bottle. The result was so good that I combined the two recipes in the diy juice calc by @HotRod19579 I use to make a new recipe for future proper testing.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    Haha, I never knew people actually did this? I make my own E-liquid so I wouldn't need to do this. I think DIY is much better for your prefered taste you want in your E-liquid, just too bad with the TPD stepping in.

We all agree! :thumbs:
    Best as I know everyone in on this thread is a DIYer. :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread