Hcigar VT133 -- dual battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Well the VT133 is definitely a great mod. I have five of them myself. But ecig.com is currently selling Hotcig DX200 for 55 bucks. And spare lipos for 20 bucks.
I have both and would wholeheartedly suggest you get a VT133. The DX200 is just a flat out box (no curves, not ergonomic imo). The VT133 feels great in hand (It can be had with a 10% off code for a hair under $80 - worth every penny imo). Unless you need 200 watts go with the VT133 (can't beat being able to switch out 18650's on the fly imo). Since getting my first VT133 I haven't even looked at my DX200 (I also have five VT133's).

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I love them both actually and I use them about the same. The DX200 is just slightly smaller, but you might not notice the difference. You can vape twice as long per charge with the VT133 though which comes in handy. But the DX200 are the only lipo DNA200 mods that I like since swapping lipos couldn't be easier. I had two and I just ordered two more. Sadly 10 days ago I just paid 100 bucks for one.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I love them both actually and I use them about the same. The DX200 is just slightly smaller, but you might not notice the difference. You can vape twice as long per charge with the VT133 though which comes in handy. But the DX200 are the only lipo DNA200 mods that I like since swapping lipos couldn't be easier. I had two and I just ordered two more. Sadly 10 days ago I just paid 100 bucks for one.
I get it Bill. Maybe my situation is different because I was using my DX200 in the 2 x 18650 configuration (it's really brick like in that mode). Once I got my first VT133, I put the DX200 on the shelf. When I use a DNA200 3s Lipo it's usually either a Lavabox or VT200 (usually a Lavabox though :D)

Cheers,
Steve

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm impressed with all the great reviews on the vt133. I just got a dna75 considering another DNA I'm on the fence 133 or 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 3 VT133s and only 1 VT200 if that says anything. And I got the VT200 first.
The 133 is about twice what I need power wise and has the same board.
I didn't realize how much I don't like having to charge a mod until I had them both.
I bet the 133 lasts at least twice as long as the 200 and then you can just swap on the fly instead of parking your mod.
YMMV.

Last edited:

filcei

Mar 17, 2012
Portugal
After reading this entire thread, I just odered one from that Gearbest deal. Went in there to buy the Therion on the flash sale (98$) but when I saw this it got me thinking if I could use the extra power (usually vape at around 65W). In the end I decided this was too good of a deal to pass up for me since in my country the cheapest I could find is about 150€. Would have preferred another color but for the price I guess I can live with it

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
After reading this entire thread, I just odered one from that Gearbest deal. Went in there to buy the Therion on the flash sale (98$) but when I saw this it got me thinking if I could use the extra power (usually vape at around 65W). In the end I decided this was too good of a deal to pass up for me since in my country the cheapest I could find is about 150€. Would have preferred another color but for the price I guess I can live with it
It's a great mod, a real workhorse. You can't go wrong with a VT133 imo. Lots of info about this mod if you look around. ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Vape Mail Day! The set is finally complete. :)

She's a Rainbow
small-rainbow.gif

IMG_20160822_185120_zpscu3j5d8w.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Hey all,

Sorry if I'm bringing an old thread back up (if that bothers anybody), but I was just wondering: I just got a VT133 (WOOT! lol), and I know I've read somewhere that it's supposed to have Reverse Battery/Polarity Protection, but I've also read that DNA200's don't have that feature (only the new 250's). So I was wondering, does anyone know definitively (and has verified) if the VT133 has reverse battery protection (i.e. has put 18650's in it the wrong way, pressed the fire button, then switched 'em in the right way, and turned it on with no issues)?

I don't think it'll really be too much of an issue since I'm usually pretty careful to make sure I've inserted my batteries the right way (after [EDIT] reading about the early IPV6X's & 400's [/EDIT] :shock:), but I'd just like to know for....peace of mind's sake I guess. lol

Anyway, if someone could clue me in, I'd appreciate it. :cool: lol Thanks Vape Fam, and vape hard, vape long, and may your vapor be ever thick, and ever flavorful.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Hey all,

Sorry if I'm bringing an old thread back up (if that bothers anybody), but I was just wondering: I just got a VT133 (WOOT! lol), and I know I've read somewhere that it's supposed to have Reverse Battery/Polarity Protection, but I've also read that DNA200's don't have that feature (only the new 250's). So I was wondering, does anyone know definitively (and has verified) if the VT133 has reverse battery protection (i.e. has put 18650's in it the wrong way, pressed the fire button, then switched 'em in the right way, and turned it on with no issues)?

I don't think it'll really be too much of an issue since I'm usually pretty careful to make sure I've inserted my batteries the right way (after [EDIT] reading about the early IPV6X's & 400's [/EDIT] :shock:), but I'd just like to know for....peace of mind's sake I guess. lol

Anyway, if someone could clue me in, I'd appreciate it. :cool: lol Thanks Vape Fam, and vape hard, vape long, and may your vapor be ever thick, and ever flavorful.
Yes the VT133 does have reverse polarity protection. You are right that the DNA200 board doesn't have it built in but the VT133 uses a separate daughter board that provides the reverse polarity protection.

Yes I have also verified it works. One early morning (5am or so), I went to change batteries before work while I was half asleep and tested it out accidentally :oops:. It just didn't fire or light up. I quickly checked and I had inserted them wrong. I switched them to the correct position and it's still working to this very day.

PS @Jim_ MDP I'm never going to live that down :p

The top picture to the right shows the daughter boards position in the mod.
201603241643509kxjpc.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread