heatvape Invader mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
I got one. I hate to say this but it functions better then my dna 40's because all my dna 40's glitch. I have had zero problems from mine. Battery life is about half a day in temp mod for me at 26 to 30 watts and kanthal it is almost a full day.

You can drop this thing, put it in the toilet, run it over with a car it even can be out in a vice and still work. It is by far the most durable mod I have had. I have thought about letting a steam roller go over it just to see what happends. I did run over it with my fiance's suv and it didn't phase it a bit. For the $60 price tag it is worth picking up. Just keep a spare battery with you and you are good to go

Matt Sullivan

Apr 10, 2015
Porter IN
i have one enroute from gearbest, which btw is the cheapest place to get them, and Heatvape confirms they are authentic from them, i like everything ive seen, from fully submerged in a tub of water, run over by both wheels of a car, dropped, thrown at concrete, slid across gravel, and all. i asked mike vapes on youtube about it, he said 3 weeks of use without a hiccup. since it is a single 18650 device dont expect stellar battery life from it, but that depends on what battery you buy for it.

Reactions: jstrong

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I have one that I got from GB it is pretty decent has a few quirks but over all works like it is suppose to.

i have one enroute from gearbest, which btw is the cheapest place to get them, and Heatvape confirms they are authentic from them, i like everything ive seen, from fully submerged in a tub of water, run over by both wheels of a car, dropped, thrown at concrete, slid across gravel, and all. i asked mike vapes on youtube about it, he said 3 weeks of use without a hiccup. since it is a single 18650 device dont expect stellar battery life from it, but that depends on what battery you buy for it.
Actually for the next hour the cheapest place to get one is from My Freedom Smokes if one took advantage of their 17% off sale.

skydiverjeff

Mar 27, 2013
Covina, CA
Impatiently waiting for my second one to show up from MFS. Really like mine and always have to hand it over for others to try. Decided having a second one handy would be the way to go. My first has a few hiccups. Main one is set it down other than being super gentle and the battery will compress the bottom spring and the unit will do a master reset. A couple of times it has fired my TC coils in Kanthal mode out of the clear blue and fried them. Will see with my second unit if my first is just a problem child that needs to be swapped.

Reactions: jstrong

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Something dawned on me tonight, and I could just be missing it, but if its water resistant where's the battery vents?
They claim it will blow out the silicone around the buttons if a battery vents.

I dunno about this one.

I like the cost of admission to try out a TC device, but don't really like the device itself.

biloxi123

Aug 24, 2013
Roy, Utah
Hey Thrasher,
Just got mine today to go along with my rDNA VaporShark. I haven't had used the Invader in TC yet because I wanted to evaluate it for a bit with regular Kanthal builds. So, far I like the form and function as there wasn't much of a learning curve because the controls are pretty similar to the VaperShark, A few minor things though, my Aeolus V2 dripper doesn't sit flush on the top because the top contact pin isn't sprung. However, it does look like it's threaded and might be able to be adjusted. If any of you guys know, I'd appreciate your comments. I'll report back in a week or so with an update.

studip

Mar 28, 2015
Buckeye
Hey Thrasher,
Just got mine today to go along with my rDNA VaporShark. I haven't had used the Invader in TC yet because I wanted to evaluate it for a bit with regular Kanthal builds. So, far I like the form and function as there wasn't much of a learning curve because the controls are pretty similar to the VaperShark, A few minor things though, my Aeolus V2 dripper doesn't sit flush on the top because the top contact pin isn't sprung. However, it does look like it's threaded and might be able to be adjusted. If any of you guys know, I'd appreciate your comments. I'll report back in a week or so with an update.

I don't believe you want to try to adjust that pin. I don't have the Aeolus but the way I understand it (and do it) is to remove the top cap off the mod, screw on the atty flush, then screw the top cap back on the mod. Perhaps is still won't be a perfect fit but your gap will be on the top cap connection, not the atty connection.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have one as my backup/travel mod. Works great except for the fact that it goes to sleep OFTEN requiring a single click...then 5 clicks to reboot. Annoying.

TP works great and it seems indestructible. Venting is questionable. I've looked into the battery tube and couldn't see how it would be able to vent properly.

Vaped on mine at a hot tub this weekend. I'd never try that with my Flask!

biloxi123

Aug 24, 2013
Roy, Utah
I don't believe you want to try to adjust that pin. I don't have the Aeolus but the way I understand it (and do it) is to remove the top cap off the mod, screw on the atty flush, then screw the top cap back on the mod. Perhaps is still won't be a perfect fit but your gap will be on the top cap connection, not the atty connection.
Thanks Stu! Yep! My atty is flush now

Reactions: Mini Patel

Matt Sullivan

Apr 10, 2015
Porter IN
I have one as my backup/travel mod. Works great except for the fact that it goes to sleep OFTEN requiring a single click...then 5 clicks to reboot. Annoying.

TP works great and it seems indestructible. Venting is questionable. I've looked into the battery tube and couldn't see how it would be able to vent properly.

Vaped on mine at a hot tub this weekend. I'd never try that with my Flask!
vent holes behind the buttons, the seals will blow and itll vent there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread