Hello all..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Also, if you ever experience any problems such as leaking, dry hits, or misfires with the Protank, don't give up on them: there are lots of good troubleshooting threads with posts by folks such as Katya. I've rarely had difficulties with mine, and all the ones I've had were easily fixed with a little research and fiddling. :thumb:

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Alright, thanks to everyone who has volunteered information in this thread about general advice or different products. It is/was all very much appreciated! Without your advice, I would have probably gotten something I didn't really want. Thanks again for making this as painless as possible.

After a ton of searching, question asking on here, and hours of youtube videos in the last 2 days, I have settled on the Innokin iTaste MVP V2. I had a couple other choices in the mix and explored all options and I think this is the way to go for a beginner.

1.) Price - Its relatively cheap compared to the others I was looking at. So if this turns out to not be for me (highly doubtful since I have tried disposables and they worked) and am not out a fortune.
2.) With the price it lets for some room for more liquid.
3.) With the price it lets for some room for a few accessories like spare tanks and what not.

One last question before I order, is there a BIG difference between the Protank II Mini and the Protank II? The place I am ordering from only has the mini in-stock and I was thinking of just ordering one of those with it instead of buying a regular one from some place else. Unless where ever I get some liquid from has the regular one then I would just get one from there.

Thanks again for all the help, it has been a great enjoyment here so far with all you friendly people!! Cant say I have ever seen such a friendly community before to new people!!

Tommy

**EDIT**
If I stay smoke free for 30 days I am going to treat myself to a Vamo v5 or ITASTE 134 so I can have a back-up.......lol

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Alright, thanks to everyone who has volunteered information in this thread about general advice or different products. It is/was all very much appreciated! Without your advice, I would have probably gotten something I didn't really want. Thanks again for making this as painless as possible.

After a ton of searching, question asking on here, and hours of youtube videos in the last 2 days, I have settled on the Innokin iTaste MVP V2. I had a couple other choices in the mix and explored all options and I think this is the way to go for a beginner.

1.) Price - Its relatively cheap compared to the others I was looking at. So if this turns out to not be for me (highly doubtful since I have tried disposables and they worked) and am not out a fortune.
2.) With the price it lets for some room for more liquid.
3.) With the price it lets for some room for a few accessories like spare tanks and what not.

One last question before I order, is there a BIG difference between the Protank II Mini and the Protank II? The place I am ordering from only has the mini in-stock and I was thinking of just ordering one of those with it instead of buying a regular one from some place else. Unless where ever I get some liquid from has the regular one then I would just get one from there.

Thanks again for all the help, it has been a great enjoyment here so far with all you friendly people!! Cant say I have ever seen such a friendly community before to new people!!

Tommy

**EDIT**
If I stay smoke free for 30 days I am going to treat myself to a Vamo v5 or ITASTE 134 so I can have a back-up.......lol

The only difference is the size of the tank. Both take the same coils.

:)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks Sugar_and_Spice!!

Innokin iTaste MVP V2 and Protank Mini II ordered!!!!!

Now on to the eJuice!!!!!

I am thinking of ordering some from Mt. Baker Vapor as they seem to liked a lot here on the forum. I know it was said before that the PG/VG ratio was personal preference. With all the choices they give you, could you recommend maybe a good starting point. I see where they say the house blend is 80pg/20vg is that a good place to start with the mix or is closer to 50/50 a better place?

Any other places that offer a nice selection like Mt. Baker?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
YAY!!
I have only used Mt.Baker Vapor for DIY supplies. I have heard that some of their flavors need to age a bit first before tasting as described.
I happen to like j u i c y v a por .com
Just take out all the spaces. For some reason, ecf blanks out my url.
Another good one is
freedomsmokeusa .com

I personally use a 50/50 blend of pg/vg. I feel that gives me the best of both. If you prefer a throat hit, then more pg. If you want a smoother hit, then more vg.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for those two stores.

Juicy Vapor sure has a lot of flavors!!!!!!
When I was a newbie(yes it happens to all of us...lol) I was looking for a tobacco flavor I could live with.(now can't stand any tobacco flavors, but I digress), freedomsmokeusa has the best version of pal-mall. The owners are very friendly, and you can call(#on website) and tell them what you are looking for. I also found applewood from backwoodsbrew .net. It needs some aging time, but it was so tasty, once it did age, I couldn't put it down. Since have moved on to other flavors and you may to in time. For now, just order a lot of small bottles or samplers.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the tip on the applewood. Seems like something I might like. I have always been more of a pipe smoker than cigarettes. A pack of cigarettes would last me about 5 days. I only smoked a couple in the morning to get going, then the rest of the day I smoked a pipe.

For the pipe I was always partial to apple, maple, scotch flavors or mix of them. So I have been leaning towards those flavors when looking at ejuice. Trying not to go to sweet, but so far that seems a bit of a obstacle with the apple.

I am trying to dwindle down my current bottles from each place right now. I have about 20 (10-15ml) bottles that I would like to try from various places, but dont think I really need that many to start.......lol

Hello Piff!!!

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for the tip on the applewood. Seems like something I might like. I have always been more of a pipe smoker than cigarettes. A pack of cigarettes would last me about 5 days. I only smoked a couple in the morning to get going, then the rest of the day I smoked a pipe.

For the pipe I was always partial to apple, maple, scotch flavors or mix of them. So I have been leaning towards those flavors when looking at ejuice. Trying not to go to sweet, but so far that seems a bit of a obstacle with the apple.

I am trying to dwindle down my current bottles from each place right now. I have about 20 (10-15ml) bottles that I would like to try from various places, but dont think I really need that many to start.......lol

Hello Piff!!!

Then you would love bwb applewood. If you can snag some, just put it in a cubbard(dark place) and forget about it for a couple of weeks. He is a one man shop, so he is not open all the time. When he is open, he can take orders. But methinks his limit fills fast, so you may have to keep checking his site. Well worth it.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
So I guess I am back on the hunt again!!!
Wow, that's annoying. Well, the Zmax v3 is still there and still great, but you would also need batteries and a charger.

Or you could get the MVP (in steel or titanium blue) for $60 from Mt Baker Vapor. With the coupon code keepcalmandvapeon10 you'd get 10% off, and each unit comes with a bottle of juice in the flavor of your choice.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the code madqatter, I was actually just looking at them there as I am going to be ordering some of there juice.

I kind of wanted the black one, they have it at varitube for 59.99 and I found a code on here for 10% off as well. They also have the Protank II and its $3($6 getting 2) cheaper than Mt. Baker. The free bottle of juice from Mt. Baker kind of offsets the savings though.

I guess I will have to wait till tonight when its all quiet here at the house and do some thinking and figuring on the prices and see how bad I really want the Black one........lol

I dont think at this point I really want to mess with buying batteries and a charger. I am sure I will someday down the road but with needing everything right now thats $40 give/take that I could spend on other stuff.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good deal on it coming back on Tuesday, I will keep a eye out for that and maybe get one of those from there.

The wife and I were sitting around here bored this afternoon so we took a little trip to a store thats about 1hr away just to look around at what they had and if they had any juice and what not. It wound up they have a pretty decent supply of stuff, but the prices arent quite inline with most of the places on the internet. I like to support local businesses so I came home with a Vamo V5, 2 2900mAh Flat Top batteries. So I am at least somewhat started.

I ordered a NITECORE Intellicharger i2 Charger, 2 Protank II's, 4 bottles of liquid from Mt. Vapor, 4 Bottles from Velvet Cloud, 1 Bottle from a place called Pipe Sauce that was highly recommended by the person at the local store based off what I was used to smoking in my pipe. (Sugar_and_Spice, Backwoods Brew did have the Applewood in-stock so I kind of broke your advice and I ordered a 30ml bottle of it)

So hopefully once all this comes in, I will be all set for a little while. I still got the money to get the MVP2 (and probably will) if it comes back in-stock on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread