• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hello!! And I need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bVaper

Aug 12, 2015
So i recently bought the IVP D2 but cos i did not do enough research, I do not have any Ni200 or Ti200 wires. Hence, Im only using Power mode till my Ni200 comes in.

I am new to vaping and have only been vaping for about 2months. Was using MVP 3.0 and STM with OCC previously but I haven looked to OCC ever since I started using the RBA!

Ok, now for the questions. I'm currently using clapton's and they work beautifully. Everytime i re-wick, I jus dry burn and all the gunk comes off. So how often do i have to change the coils since they always look fine after I dry burn them.

More often than not, I burn the wicks. How do I prevent getting burnt hits? Burnt cotton doesnt exactly taste good. Should the coils be sitting higher from the deck to prevent getting burnt hits?

I'm also using KGD cotton for wicking. They are great but the first few pulls are crap. Literally! The cotton taste is uuurrrgghhhhhhhhhh! What should I do so that I don get the cotton taste or whatever taste that is.

Sorry for the sudden outburst but I hope you guys will be able to help!

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
New cotton will sometimes have the cotton taste. After a few pulls the cotton will "break in" and should taste tasteless haha.

For your burnt hits, can you check whether your wicks are wet when you check your RBA? If it's dry, it is your wicking, way too thick and not allowing juice to come in. If it's wet and you still getting burnt hits, it might be that it is too thin. You need to have the tension just nice, not too tight not too loose.

You might be pushing too high power too. In my experience if I'm using kanthal I wouldn't go above 25w or else I will easily get a burnt hit no matter how well I wick my STM.

Good luck in getting nickel soon, you won't have to worry about burnt hits anymore :)

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bietoff0728

bVaper

Aug 12, 2015
New cotton will sometimes have the cotton taste. After a few pulls the cotton will "break in" and should taste tasteless haha.

For your burnt hits, can you check whether your wicks are wet when you check your RBA? If it's dry, it is your wicking, way too thick and not allowing juice to come in. If it's wet and you still getting burnt hits, it might be that it is too thin. You need to have the tension just nice, not too tight not too loose.

You might be pushing too high power too. In my experience if I'm using kanthal I wouldn't go above 25w or else I will easily get a burnt hit no matter how well I wick my STM.

Good luck in getting nickel soon, you won't have to worry about burnt hits anymore :)

The cotton taste isnt there sometimes, more like all the time! My burnt hits usually happens when I'm halfway through a tank so that makes it harder to determine what the problem is.

I'm not vaping high wattage too cos im usually between 18-20w. And one more question, is there like a perfect diameter for the coil? Currently using the blue screwdriver but 2mm is a real bitc4 to wick! If I'm going up to 3mm, is there anything that I should be looking out for?

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
The cotton taste isnt there sometimes, more like all the time! My burnt hits usually happens when I'm halfway through a tank so that makes it harder to determine what the problem is.

I'm not vaping high wattage too cos im usually between 18-20w. And one more question, is there like a perfect diameter for the coil? Currently using the blue screwdriver but 2mm is a real bitc4 to wick! If I'm going up to 3mm, is there anything that I should be looking out for?
Is yours the rba or old? Old RBA I'd use 2mm-2.5, new one I'd use 3mm. Try to work on your wicking. Have you pulsed your coils so that it has a even flow and glowing inside out?

bVaper

Aug 12, 2015
Is yours the rba or old? Old RBA I'd use 2mm-2.5, new one I'd use 3mm. Try to work on your wicking. Have you pulsed your coils so that it has a even flow and glowing inside out?

I'm using the new rba so I'm gonna go 3mm! I always pulse the new coils or even when I rewick. It always looks good and glows frm centre out.

So how often shld I change the Clapton coils?

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Ennsem

Jan 22, 2015
Pelangi
So i recently bought the IVP D2 but cos i did not do enough research, I do not have any Ni200 or Ti200 wires. Hence, Im only using Power mode till my Ni200 comes in.

I am new to vaping and have only been vaping for about 2months. Was using MVP 3.0 and STM with OCC previously but I haven looked to OCC ever since I started using the RBA!

Ok, now for the questions. I'm currently using clapton's and they work beautifully. Everytime i re-wick, I jus dry burn and all the gunk comes off. So how often do i have to change the coils since they always look fine after I dry burn them.

More often than not, I burn the wicks. How do I prevent getting burnt hits? Burnt cotton doesnt exactly taste good. Should the coils be sitting higher from the deck to prevent getting burnt hits?

I'm also using KGD cotton for wicking. They are great but the first few pulls are crap. Literally! The cotton taste is uuurrrgghhhhhhhhhh! What should I do so that I don get the cotton taste or whatever taste that is.

Sorry for the sudden outburst but I hope you guys will be able to help!

For me after changing cotton and drying burning the coils twice I would change out the coil and build another one.

As for your dry hits, when you pull thru your cotton, just make sure its snug (you can still pull left and right) but not tight..

KGD has a taste to it.. try looking for Fibre freaks no2, kendo cotton or cotton bacon.. I've used these 3 brands and they have no taste to them

bVaper

Aug 12, 2015
For me after changing cotton and drying burning the coils twice I would change out the coil and build another one.

As for your dry hits, when you pull thru your cotton, just make sure its snug (you can still pull left and right) but not tight..

KGD has a taste to it.. try looking for Fibre freaks no2, kendo cotton or cotton bacon.. I've used these 3 brands and they have no taste to them
Just bought a packet of KGD cotton and one packet can probably last longer than my lungs!!

I think maybe that's why I'm getting the burnt hits. Cotton too tight.

I've just changed new coils with bigger diameter and so far even chain vaping doesn't burnt the cotton anymore. Maybe the cotton sits better now

Sent from my Nokia 7610

bVaper

Aug 12, 2015
After changing out both coils and cotton, the occurrence of burnt hits is zero! Even when chain vaping! Have reduced the amt of cotton used and made the coils bigger.

But now when I do long and hard drags, the juice spits. Not by a lot but I do get spots of juice in my mouth once in a while. This ain't gonna kill me or make me sick right? LOL!

One problem after another...if only OCCs weren't such difficult to get....

Sent from my Nokia 7610

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread