Hello everyone..Need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjhwk_

Dec 26, 2015
Leamington
First of all welcome to the forum, and well done on your desicion to try and quit :)

If you've never Vaped before, skip the 'gateway' of the cig-a-likes and eGos (small vaporisers that look like pens) because these aren't helpful. You want to head to your local vape store or Amazon and look for a starter kit. My personal reccomendation would be a 30w eLeaf iStick and Kanger Subtank Nano, I paid £55 for mine but I believe they have come down in price since.

There's plenty of forums on how to use Ohms, wattage etc... But basically you need to know wattage controls the power that the ejuice is heated up at. Higher wattage = more vapour. Secondly, if your just using the Kanger Subtank Nano, you don't really need to know about Ohms but I advise using the 0.5ohm coil.

Now you've got your mod, you need a juice. I say skip buying pre-made juice and go straight into DIY - it'll save you lots of money in the long run. Go onto Amazon, order 1L of Vegetable Glycerin, 1L of PG, a couple of 30ml dropper bottles and some flavourings. The best flavourings to use IMO are TFA - The Flavour Apprentice. Order a few of the flavours that appeal too you and some nicotine from another site, then your good to go. Plenty of guides on mixing but you need roughly 50% VG, 20% PG, 20% Flavouring and 10% nicotine.

As you start vaping make sure you make some different concentration of e-liquids. 8mg, 12mg, 16mg etc... And use the one that suits you. Every couple of weeks lower your nicotine concentration until you get to about 3mg.

Good luck on your switch :thumbs:

Reactions: jjatl

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
First of all welcome to the forum, and well done on your desicion to try and quit :)

If you've never Vaped before, skip the 'gateway' of the cig-a-likes and eGos (small vaporisers that look like pens) because these aren't helpful. You want to head to your local vape store or Amazon and look for a starter kit. My personal reccomendation would be a 30w eLeaf iStick and Kanger Subtank Nano, I paid £55 for mine but I believe they have come down in price since.

There's plenty of forums on how to use Ohms, wattage etc... But basically you need to know wattage controls the power that the ejuice is heated up at. Higher wattage = more vapour. Secondly, if your just using the Kanger Subtank Nano, you don't really need to know about Ohms but I advise using the 0.5ohm coil.

Now you've got your mod, you need a juice. I say skip buying pre-made juice and go straight into DIY - it'll save you lots of money in the long run. Go onto Amazon, order 1L of Vegetable Glycerin, 1L of PG, a couple of 30ml dropper bottles and some flavourings. The best flavourings to use IMO are TFA - The Flavour Apprentice. Order a few of the flavours that appeal too you and some nicotine from another site, then your good to go. Plenty of guides on mixing but you need roughly 50% VG, 20% PG, 20% Flavouring and 10% nicotine.

As you start vaping make sure you make some different concentration of e-liquids. 8mg, 12mg, 16mg etc... And use the one that suits you. Every couple of weeks lower your nicotine concentration until you get to about 3mg.

Good luck on your switch :thumbs:

Congrats and welcome to ECF.

SOMEONE SUGGESTED the Subtank Nano kit.

I would go Subtank Mini starter kit instead for two reasons.

1. The mini holds more liquid so you wont fill it all the time.

2. The Mini comes with a RBA (ReBuildable Atomizer) so you can wrap your own coils wick them and keep on vaping.

You can charge tge battery in the mod but don't recommend it. Sometines batteries have issues during charging. I would rather ruin my charger than ruin my mod that helps keep me off the stinkies.

Reactions: jjatl

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @RaquelMoreno. Glad to have you here!:)
It will be tough for me so I do need bit of help in the form of vaping details.. Please help me out..

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Welcome!

Congratulations on the most important part of your message—coming parenthood!

Some simple, fairly inexpensive things for getting started:
A couple of adjustable batteries, or "mods"- you will be happy to have at least two, so you will never get stuck with only one in the charger. Eleaf/ismoka istick 30w.
A clearomizer or tank to hold your juice- Eleaf GS-Air M or GS Tank. The first one holds more juice; The second is a little easier to fill. Both are cheap and give good flavor and vapor.
Extra coils: at least one 5-pack of 1.5 ohm coils or 0.75 ohm coils, or one of each.

EVerything included above should cost you rougly what a carton of name brand cigarettes costs in most U.S. states.

For juice, many of us began with "tobacco" flavors to supposedly help with the transition, then quickly moved on to dessert or fruit flavors. Try sampling a few to see what you like.
To begin, and for the first in the morning vapes, you may want something stron,
say 18 mg. or 24 mg., and then something less powerful for the rest of the day.

Best of luck to you, your lady and the soon-to-arrive Morenito/Morenita.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Welcome and congrats to you both and to yuo for having the motivation to pursue a more healthy lifestyle.
Take your time learning, make informed choices when deciding what to purchase.
The equipment nowadays is very efficient and can really kick a new vapers .... if they jump too high (with low resistance and high power stuff) too quick as far as sub ohming goes. It is a journey, your first device will not be your last(hopefully), but a stepping stone to bigger and better things (if needed).

Once you have the set-up nailed down (I always recommend an istick 20,30 or 40 along with a nautilus tank) the main hurdles will be learning your set-up inside and out, finding a flavour you really like and nailing down the nicotine level in the liquid. More nic makes the vapour more harsh, we call it throat hit.

There is some trial and error at the start so be prepared if something is not to your liking, more money will be required to try something else. Once you find what you like and what works for you, vaping is far less expensive than tobacco smoking.

The reason I recommend the above set-up is I know quite a few ex-smokers that although they "could" easily move up to something with more power, they choose to stick with what works for them and keeps them from smoking. Don't beat yourself up if you have the odd smoke, if you continue grabbing the vape instead of lighting up most of the time you will be successful, guaranteed. Count the ones you do not smoke NOT the ones you do. And come back here for support and to have your questions answered. Cheers.

Reactions: GranFumador

TheRussianVaper

Apr 22, 2016
Hello friends, I am becoming dad in few months..My wife is really feeling bad about my smoking habit and need strong quitting actions..It will be tough for me so I do need bit of help in the form of vaping details.. Please help me out..
Huge congrats on the baby

Get a sub ohm tank and a few liquids of different strength 6mg, 12mg and 16mg. see which one gives you the most satisfaction. When you want to go back to cancer sticks, remember this:
1) You want you baby to be ok
2) You want to see your child grow up, and be healthy while playing with him instead of having cancer stick problems.
3) Vape more if you need to.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
welcome and grats on being a father.

2 types of vaping styles - generally

Mouth To Lung - MTL
Direct Lung - DL

Most MTL tanks are of higher ohms while DL are generally sub ohm (not saying you can't do other wise). If subohm I would recommend that you start with 6mg, thats what helped me quit, being a pack a day smoker for 19 years. DL you could probably go with something higher such as 12mg.

Good luck and happy vaping.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hi. Welcome. And yes, you need to quit smoking!!!!

I think this kit is great for a beginner, and really great for more advanced vapers who aren't into the lung hits.

The Aspire Odyssey. For about $50, you get something that works great. This is a Pegasus mini box mod, small, but powerful. It does up to 50W ( I run a clapton coil at 14W) and it does temp control on Ni coils (included) and Ti. It's very small, takes a single 18650 battery.

The tank is a Triton mini. This seems to be an upgrade from the very popular Mini Nautilus, in fact, they use the same coils. Important, as you'll need coils ongoing, and these are available most anywhere. Nice clouds, but the taste is the shining point.

MyFreedomSmokes.com has it for under $40 with a coupon code. Add a good 18650 battery, and you have a superb setup!

Good luck!

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Like others have said, vaping makes quitting cigarettes easy. When you start vaping you will notice that it is very satisfying and your desire for a cigarette will decrease. Some people stop right away. It took me a few months but I almost immediately decreased my intake of cigarettes to one or two a week. (I was a light smoker anyway). You will still be tempted but eventually the cigarettes begin to taste like garbage. Take you're time and be patient, you will get there. This really works!!!!
Also, congratulations on the new baby and on making a decision to live a healthier life. Good to have you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread