Hello everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boller

Sep 18, 2017
Hi all,

I started vaping a couple of years ago to stop smoking! Had one or two cigarettes here and there but can count them with my fingers so must not be doing too bad.

The forum seems quite friendly!

I have an iStick 30w + iJust2 tank.

I have been using the eleaf 0.75 EC Atomizer Heads but I find the taste a bit crap and they seem to be very dry. So yesterday I bought some Aspire Atlantis 0.5 ohm and they taste a lot better but I only find them bearable at like 13.5w (the recommended is 20-30w!).

Will my smoking at lower than the recommended voltage be dangerous in anyway? What are the side effects?

Cheers all!
B

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Vaping under the "recommended" wattage is not dangerous at all,if you're satisfied that way that's all that counts
Imho i wouldn't go over that "recommended" but lots of people say you can, though that will diminish the coil's life alot. Overall find what you like the most and vape it that way,but watch out for dry/burnt hits those taste awfull as all hell :p

Also welcome to ecf :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hmm.

I'll just leave these comments; make of them what you will.

The 0.75 EC MTL coil is a disaster. The worst coil from Eleaf in a long time. Vile, dry-hit, low wicking sub-10-watts nonsense.

The original Atlantis 0.5 has passed into the history books. Probably off the pace compared to the latest 0.5ohm coils.

The iJust2 tank (and coil) was designed to vaping up to 59 watts. The 'real' iJust2 coils never lasted very long at the full mathematical 59 watts, but they do work very nicely in the 28-34 watt range.

In theory, you can vape a coil as low as you want - the only downside is some coils really only start to get going at a certain power. A 30w mod isn't ideally enough for most modern 0.5ohm coils (well, maybe just about at full iStick power)... it's a fine line between getting them to produce acceptable vapor and not burning out in 24 hours.

I use the iJust2 tank, and the iJustS, Atlantis Evo 4ml and even the Melo III (which is a 2nd rate tank i.m.o.).
These are with the Eleaf 0.3ohm and the 0.5ohm. It's a proven combo. Around 30 watts, sometimes up to 40 or even 50 for a while IF it's keeping nice and wet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I vape plenty at lower than coil "recommended" settings all the time. I like a cooler, less cloudy vape. These are just "recommendations," with any new coil just work your way up with priming puffs, going up in wattage in small increments, until you find a vape you like. Then go slightly higher, to see if it's better, if it's not, go back to your "best" lowest wattage. Not EXCEEDING a coils recommended settings is a good idea, but even more importantly, just vape at what satisfies You, that's the most important part.

You may find you branch out even more into different coils and whatnot, but if you've got a satisfying, stable vape that's working, the coil wattage is kind of irrelevant. It may give you an IDEA about where your sweet spot may be, but that's about it.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi all,
I started vaping a couple of years ago to stop smoking! Had one or two cigarettes here and there but can count them with my fingers so must not be doing too bad.
The forum seems quite friendly!
I have an iStick 30w + iJust2 tank.
I have been using the Eleaf 0.75 EC Atomizer Heads but I find the taste a bit crap and they seem to be very dry. So yesterday I bought some Aspire Atlantis 0.5 ohm and they taste a lot better but I only find them bearable at like 13.5w (the recommended is 20-30w!).
Will my smoking at lower than the recommended voltage be dangerous in anyway? What are the side effects?
Cheers all!B
Welcome and glad you joined.
Isticks last forever at low watts usage, good choice.
From what I have read, the lower the vape temperature, the less burning occurs hence, the less toxins drawn in. Makes sense.
Might like to read:
Resistance is futile. Ohms are not king. Wattage is. • r/electronic_cigarette

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Bigdaddy vape, are you new also? Vaping is as expensive or not, as you make it. It's usually cheaper than smoking, and if you build your own coils, and make your own juice, it becomes even less expensive. There are more expensive setups, and less expensive setups, if you are considering starting there are many inexpensive setups that you might try, which will give you a good starting vapor experience. There are lots of flavors available at Brick and Mortar stores, or online. Everyone seems to prefer different flavors, so it will depend on what you like. You may want to look at some of the new member information forum pinned threads (it's above this one) to get a sense of what kind of vaping you might like as well as names of different setups, etc.

Anna

Reactions: dsites
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread