• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hello newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braders54

Feb 17, 2014
Staffordshire
Hi I'm new on here. Me and my OH have been vamping for just over a year now. We both have the tornado ego c. We have changed to using the clearomizers. But are finding they don't seem to be lasting more then a couple of days. We use the TW Titan fluid in coffee flavour. Just wondering where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks x

del1

Moved On
Sep 17, 2013
Uk
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Welcome Braders.

What clearo's are you using?

EDIT Oh... I see GS-H2 and CE4s.

Coffee is likely to gunk them up pretty fast. My CE4s didn't even last 48 hours.

How much are you paying for your liquid?

If it's Totally Wicked then i would guess the answer is too much. TW were my first stop after moving up from Kgo batteries - just a matter of opinion, but i find them overpriced (kits and juice), but i do still buy the orange candy flavour from the patriot range.

There is a good list of UK vendors here - E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm not sure the O.P. is coming back. My initial concern was not so much the expensive liquid, but the disposable clearomisers.

I had 2 CE4s with my original Vape Escape "Riva" kit, and they lasted just a few days. The GS-H2 is an ebay/amazon favourite. It seems half decent value at £2.50, but a replacement head in an Innokin or Kanger is half that again.

Replaceable atomiser heads is the way to go.

I heard that TW have "pulled" the K3 RCS from their stock list. That was a move in the right direction for TW. I wonder what's going on. ??

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Please bear with me. There seems to be a lot of abbreviations I don't understand in here. Could you help plz x

Ask away.

You have TW ego batteries? You were using those weird atomizers. You bought clearomisers (clearos) instead.

What you need is either a) a clearomiser that lasts longer or b) you one can dismantle and put in a replacement atomiser head.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Welcome Braders54 to ECF. Dark liquids will gunk up your coils. What you could do is have a couple coils on hand and rotate them with cleanings between each one.

There a few ways to clean coils....soak in hot water. Or you can use Everclear or Vodka.....they come out very clean by using the alcohol method. If you use the alcohol method make sure to rinse your coils in warm-hot water.

Good Luck to You.

Braders54

Feb 17, 2014
Staffordshire
Ask away.

You have TW ego batteries? You were using those weird atomizers. You bought clearomisers (clearos) instead.

What you need is either a) a clearomiser that lasts longer or b) you one can dismantle and put in a replacement atomiser head.

Yes we have the TW ego batteries.
Ive seen people use kanger and evods. This means nothing to me. We're gonna pop to a vaping shop nearby but want to go armed with a little knowledge. As I don't want to get ripped off

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yes we have the TW ego batteries.
Ive seen people use kanger and evods. This means nothing to me. We're gonna pop to a vaping shop nearby but want to go armed with a little knowledge. As I don't want to get ripped off

Hi again. yes... be careful, very careful.

An evod is a Kanger clearomiser (tank).

Evod Clearomizer SS

When people say "Kanger" they are probably talking about either an evod or a Protank.

Clearomizers

I use Kanger and Innokin. They are both quite good. For value, the Innokins work out cheaper as they last longer.

These are fantastic, but a bit too big for an eGo battery (in my opinion)

iClear 30 S Dual Coil Clearomiser - Clearomizers

You can get a smaller version...

iClear 16 Clearomizer (clear) - Clearomizers

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you go to a shop, and the evods are £5-6, that's not too bad...but ask if they are made by Kanger.

The "copy" evods cost 70p - £1.50 from China. They are mostly **** (poo).

You might get lucky, but normally, what happens is a shop sells you 3 and some replacement heads for £2 each as well. You've then spent £25 on something you could probably buy for a tenner.

There is a Staffordshire chap on here, he knows the shops.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi and thanks for all your help. My OH now has the aspire dual core atomizer and I have the innokin dual core i16. They seem to be working perfectly xx

Terrific. If you even need "bits" for iClear16, let me know. I have 4 new ones (unboxed) 2 in service and another 2 in bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread